Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

32 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

If you’re playing on hard mode it shows an asterisk.  It’s an option if you select the gear.  It requires you to use the letters you get right in following words.  You can’t do the two word pairs to start that way. 

Ah. I guess I’ll have to switch to hard mode because I already do that. I figure if the goal is to solve the puzzle in as few guesses as possible then each guess should be a potential winner.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, slorch said:

The only way I'd believe somebody getting it on the first word is if it was Horns or surly or some shit like that.

Really?  I think Surlyites would be more of the type to go for boobs, booty, and penis. Not necessarily in that order. 

Didn't realize how big this game was getting.  it was part of the SNL cold opening last night.  Pretty cool.

I'm gonna start with NARDS today and see what happens.

Screwed up on my second guess and omitted a required letter but eliminated one possible suffix. Took me awhile, and a short nap after lunch, before the solution came to me.

Wordle Unlimited 3/6

🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://wordleunlimited.com

While watching a football game. I’ll delete the URL in future posts. I think next I’ll try 8-letter words so I hopefully don’t have to hassle with so many suffixes.

Wordle Unlimited 3/6

🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://wordleunlimited.com

Wordle 219 4/6

🟩
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Postgame:

Had a good weekend where we were able to hit some solid plays, but you know it's always tough to get back to face some adversity when things have been easy. Obviously we got a slow start today, which you never want to do, but it happens. It's important, however, that we are able to weather the initial storm. Thought we fought back really well. Didn't get flustered when we were initially playing from behind. In those situations it's just important that you don't try to get it all back at once. So we just hit a few letters and were able to put together a comeback.

Fun puzzle today 

Wordle 219 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Being an RPG dork, I excitedly tried “Gnoll” on my third guess (not a real word). I thought about the grassy “noll” or “nole” but had a fucking brain fart on the correct spelling. Ended up guessing two random ass words, “nonyl” and “snool???” Which did help.

• Haha 1

Not going to lie.  I could not come up with a word for the life of me.  I tried no less than 10 combos that I thought might be words but none were.  I finally broke down and used a scrabble word finder tool I found online and confirmed there were only two options.

Wordle 219 3/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

LIONS

CLOWN (I assumed it would be something like this, BLOWN, FLOWN)

the only other possible word was ANOLE

4 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Not going to lie.  I could not come up with a word for the life of me.  I tried no less than 10 combos that I thought might be words but none were.  I finally broke down and used a scrabble word finder tool I found online and confirmed there were only two options.

Wordle 219 3/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Hide contents

LIONS

CLOWN (I assumed it would be something like this, BLOWN, FLOWN)

the only other possible word was ANOLE

Really?

Spoiler

Aren’t you from Texas? Seems like everyone from Texas should be familiar with that word.