Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

Just now, Bullneck said:

Were we at war then? 

Nobody in the picture who's not Russian was ever remotely suspected of being in cahoots with Russia. None of those same people felt the need to lie about business dealings with Russia nor did they try to set up back-channel, secret communication with Russia (remember Jared's little scheme?) or sneakily have conversations with Putin with no other American present.

None of them revealed information that was classified and a compromise of an ally's spy operation.

This is a photo op. Like the below:

spacer.png

Above, Trump acts with decorum and likely manages not to harm his country (assuming he claims one). It would be nice if he could manage some this week while his old pals and controllers are rolling in the hyperbaric missiles to fire into cities. He chooses instead to praise Putin's real estate savvy as though he himself were something other than a flaming shit-fart of a failure in the same field.

• Hook 'Em 4

A million smackaroos!

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-699098

$1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman
The Russian entrepreneur said the Russian president came to power by "blowing up apartment buildings in Russia."

A $1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin was offered to military officers by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin in a post he published on social media this week, as Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine.

"I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws," wrote Konanykhin on LinkedIn. "Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up apartment buildings in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents."

"As an ethnic Russian and a Russian citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin's Orda," added the businessman. Orda is the Russian word for "horde," a predatory, plundering gang.

The post was accompanied by an image with a photo of Putin and the words "Wanted: Dead or alive. Vladimir Putin for mass murder."

Konanykhin has a turbulent history with the Russian government.

According to a 1996 article in The Washington Post, Konanykhin studied at the Moscow Physics and Technical Institute before abandoning his studies and opening a student construction cooperative. He then branched out into a number of other businesses, including banking, stocks and real estate.

By the age of 25, he had an empire of over 100 firms. By 1992, his companies were worth about $300 million. He was even a part of then-Russian president Boris Yeltsin's first delegation to Washington that year.

In 1996, while living in the US, Konanykhin and his wife were arrested by federal immigration agents on charges of violating the conditions of their American visas. The case was seemingly sparked after Russian authorities claimed that he embezzled $8 million from the Russian Exchange Bank in Moscow.

The case went on for weeks, with FBI agents testifying that the Russian mafia had taken out a contract on Konanykhin's life as well as a former KGB agent who testified that he had serious doubts about the charges filed against the oligarch.

During the trial, Konanykhin testified that some of his corporate aides at the Russian Exchange Bank began pressuring him for money and made threats, prompting him to move to Hungary, according to the Post. He claimed that he was then threatened with violence again, prompting him to flee to the Czech Republic and then to New York.

Konanykhin complained about the threats to Russian officials and even Yeltsin himself. At a certain point, authorities stopped investigating the threats and began investigating him instead, claiming he had illegally wired $8 million from the bank to his personal accounts overseas. Russian authorities claimed that his version of events was fake and aimed to slander his former employees.

A settlement was eventually reached and he was freed from detention and eventually granted political asylum. Just a few years later, however, the Board of Immigration Appeals revoked the political asylum and ordered that he be deported. Konanykhin and his wife attempted to flee to Canada but were arrested.

The deportation of the couple was cancelled following a number of emergency hearings after U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis found the decision unlawful, saying "I have the firm impression that it is the strong desire of people in the executive branch to return this man to Russia for what reason I cannot tell. It stinks," according a report by the Moscow Times. He was granted asylum again in 2007.

In 2011, he founded TransparentBusiness, which helps companies manage their remote workforce. He is also part of Unicorn Hunters, a show which allows unicorn founders to pitch to millions of investors around the world.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Not sure this has been brought up:

The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances refers to three identical political agreements signed at the OSCE conference in Budapest, Hungary on 5 December 1994 to provide security assurances by its signatories relating to the accession of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons(NPT). The memorandum was originally signed by three nuclear powers: the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States. China and France gave somewhat weaker individual assurances in separate documents.[1]

The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. As a result of other agreements and the memorandum, between 1993 and 1996, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons.[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

Seems like Putin has invalidated that policy.

DwsDgT2WoAAvAQr?format=jpg&name=small

Can we perhaps maybe shoot down their missiles in Ukraine? 

It’s not hilarious OK.  It means that what all of us know is justified and it’s only because Russia is brave enough to speak out about it that you and you’re kind of scared!

God it feels good to be a gangsta

The airspace over Ukraine is still being contested as Ukrainian forces continue to fight back against the Russian invasion, according to a senior U.S. defense official on Sunday. 

"That means that the Ukrainians are still using both aircraft, and their own air and missile defense systems, which we believe are still intact and still viable," said the official in an off-camera press briefing released by the Department of Defense. "Though they have been, as I said yesterday, there's been some degradation by the Russians."

45 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Trash army.

Lolz these fools didn't bring more than a week's worth of provisions? I knew that they underestimated Ukrainian resistance, but not this badly. That's some epically poor planning. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Lolz these fools didn't bring more than a week's worth of provisions? I knew that they l Ukraine, but not this badly. That's some epically poor planning. 

well, it was supposed to be a 3 hour tour

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Lolz these fools didn't bring more than a week's worth of provisions? I knew that they underestimated Ukrainian resistance, but not this badly. That's some epically poor planning. 

they also were chilling on the border for like a month and most of the soldiers had no idea what the fucking plan was. because there wasn’t really one. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Because it’s not. Only someone close enough could do it and they are probably already millionaires. 

Yeah, but it still seems really significant.

Can anyone imagine a bounty, funded by a Russian, out in the open, on Vladimir Putin a month ago?  

• Hook 'Em 2