Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Sershen is a pretty hot and talented signer from Ukraine. She's great in this duet w First to Eleven's Audra. Sershen is the long-haired singer.  

So hot. Just perused her YouTube channel and like her look on the AC/DC Back in Black cover. Not a fan of the singing but she looks amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You've seen the tables Putin sits at.  No one is gonna get with 20 feet of him.  

And after the Ukrainians stated yesterday that Russians tipped off the assassination plot, you have to wonder if there is anyone that Putin can trust now.

Do his bodyguards have families? Maybe it's time for an Oligarch to have a plata o polmo talk with them. 

46 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Response should be one word: "Sisu."

Sisu is a unique Finnish concept. It is a Finnish term that can be roughly translated into English as strength of will, determination, perseverance, and acting rationally in the face of adversity. Sisu is not momentary courage, but the ability to sustain that courage.

27 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I keep letting myself think "well, these folks can't get any dumber.  They've maxed it out."  How foolish of me.  There is always a next level of idiocy, and there's always a Trumpkin, already standing there, having claimed it with his Trump flag and MAGA hat.

I don’t know this man but he just became my favorite person in NASCAR.  When they come to Austin later the spring we’re all inviting him to Surly happy hour

Wellllllll

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves - he used this act to spew some gun culture nonsense.

b6bbbf6d04d75655ce9afae9fcce4cd9.jpg

I appreciate the donation but he should’ve shut up and not used it to justify Russian backed NRA bullshittery.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Wellllllll

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves - he used this act to spew some gun culture nonsense.

b6bbbf6d04d75655ce9afae9fcce4cd9.jpg

I appreciate the donation but he should’ve shut up and not used it to justify Russian backed NRA bullshittery.

Yeah, I guess I should have assumed some grandstanding.  But I can assure the good folks at the NRA (of which I am a former member)…it’s not heavily armed American households keeping our enemies at bay.  It’s the three green things…Atlantic, Pacific, and our defense budget.  That’s what keeps us warm at night.  The rest is just a dick contest.  And I’m tired of winning.  

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Russia invaded the Ukraine and within a week, every man, woman, and child had an AK or an actual missile.

I we need rifles to protect us from invaders, what the bloody fuck are we spending $800B on defense for?

Exactly.  We spend something like three times as much as the next highest country on national defense, and the right wing jerks off to our military constantly, so why exactly do y'all need your own assault rifles?  In case Russia invades?  Overnight?

Fucking idiots.  Just admit that your big dick toys are more important to you than other people's kids.  Own it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Exactly.  We spend something like three times as much as the next highest country on national defense, and the right wing jerks off to our military constantly, so why exactly do y'all need your own assault rifles?  In case Russia invades?  Overnight?

Fucking idiots.  Just admit that your big dick toys are more important to you than other people's kids.  Own it.

I've seen several stupid "This is why we need guns!!" memes on social media this week. No Chad, this would be why Canada needs guns. Moron. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've seen several stupid "This is why we need guns!!" memes on social media this week. No Chad, this would be why Canada needs guns. Moron. 

Yeah, I've resisted the urge to respond to this nonsense.

Just now, 'stache said:

Dear Mr. Putin,

Attached is a letter we received on March 2, 2022. We feel that you should be aware that some asshole is signing your name to stupid letters.

Sincerely,

Finland and Sweden

(golf clap)

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Dear Mr. Putin,

Attached is a letter we received on March 2, 2022. We feel that you should be aware that some asshole is signing your name to stupid letters.

Sincerely,

Finland and Sweden

Or the old classic:

"FUCK YOU!  Strong letter to follow."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I’d prefer they take that thing out into the North Atlantic and sink the thing on live TV. Let the other oligarchs decide just how long they would like to mess around before getting their own FAAFO moment.

Sell it, take the money, buy weapons and send them to Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Part of one of my favorite scenes in my favorite war movie, Patton.

Um, that's what the Commander of Bastogne told the Germans when they asked for our surrender during the Battle of the Bulge.

Anthony McAullife was the acting Commander of the 101st Airborne at the time.   It was the equivalent of Fuck You.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I’d prefer they take that thing out into the North Atlantic and sink the thing on live TV. Let the other oligarchs decide just how long they would like to mess around before getting their own FAAFO moment.

Just load a few Porsches and VWs on it, it’ll be sunk in a week.

16 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Um, that's what the Commander of Bastogne told the Germans when they asked for our surrender during the Battle of the Bulge.

Anthony McAullife was the acting Commander of the 101st Airborne at the time.   It was the equivalent of Fuck You.

I am aware that McAuliffe said it and what it meant. It was a scene where they were relaying what McAuliffe said while Patton’s Army was on the march to Bastogne.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I always thought this was the equivalent.

longest-drive.gif

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Anyone here know much about Ukraine? My grandfather's family is from near Mukachevo, which used to be known as Munkac. I can find that on a map but I can't find anything about the village they used to live in - I think it was known as Malvos. Anyway my great grandfather emigrated from there to the US in 1918 and the rest of the family joined him about 10 years later.

Curious where your family lived n Texas, if they did live in Texas. My impression is that Ukrainian immigrants are found mostly in the Dallas area. But, what do I know? (Not much).

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Curious where your family lived n Texas, if they did live in Texas. My impression is that Ukrainian immigrants are found mostly in the Dallas area. But, what do I know? (Not much).

They somehow ended up in a small town not too far from Pittsburgh. I got to Texas on my own in the '90s, thanks to some friends.

BTW here's an interesting thread about why the russians are having so much trouble driving in northern UKR winter weather - they apparently suck at maintenance, particularly in this case, tires.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1