Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

Ukrainian babies / toddlers are immensely cute, best I've ever seen, which makes the tragedy even worse. 
The young women are naturally beautiful, wholesome (unlike here), and not full of themselves.  
We must help Ukraine as much as possible. 

Sounds like someone has a micro penis.

36 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

A Nerd Duel! I accept your challenge, Sir. En garde!

If the foil you used in fencing class looked like the weapon Mr. Takei was holding, your instructor had you fencing foil using an epee. The give-away is that bell guard that hides the hand. Foils have a little baby disc there, because hand/arm-touches don't count in foil, so why guard it? In foil you can use your arm as a guard to block the torso.

In Epee, every touch counts, and that bell guard blocks hand hits coming straight in.

The Concordance is of course Biblical wisdom, but if they called that thing a "foil," it was merely to test your faith. 

Here was my first epee, during the brief time the bell guard was shiny. Now it's beaten from a thousand bashes, the glove is filthy, and I've been through multiple blades.

And yes that says "Glamdring" in Elvish script. My Nerd-Fu is ever present.

Glamdring.jpeg

Sports-fencing-weapons-foil-top-epee-middle-sabre-bottom-source-215.pbm 38.84 kB · 1 download

Ho-lee-shit.  You magnificent bastard.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well fuggit, I saw a shot of Sulu from the side and it looks more like a foil after all. Your point, @WhatTheBuck. I still think I'm nerdier though.

I was thinking a reply of either “Touché” or “Curses, foiled again!” would’ve been good. But my nerd bona fides are secure. I still have my Star Fleet Technical Manual too. I’ve never used the pattern to sew my own Star Fleet uniform, but I could if I wanted to.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

gonna cross post this

Yeah, cause he's an 11 year old.  Like his followers.  Seriously, anyone who voted for him in 2020 should be just shot into the sun.  They are not adults.  They are 11.  11 year olds aren't allowed to vote. 

Sorry, death sentence.  That's the rules that I've just made up.  Should have thought about that with your 2nd amendment and whatnot.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, cause he's an 11 year old.  Like his followers.  Seriously, anyone who voted for him in 2020 should be just shot into the sun.  They are not adults.  They are 11.  11 year olds aren't allowed to vote. 

Sorry, death sentence.  That's the rules that I've just made up.  Should have thought about that with your 2nd amendment and whatnot.

By the time I was 11, I’d already taken a civics class. I think you’re being too generous. They’re more like 8-year-olds. Trump himself has the emotional maturity of a toddler. He’s like a 4-year-old. He still throws tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. 

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

he won 2016 because HRC.  He lost 2020 because of Covid and the hit on the economy.  Had Covid not happened, Biden loses. 

2024 all Trump needs is to win PA and GA, due to the slight change in the EC. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

By the time I was 11, I’d already taken a civics class. I think you’re being too generous. They’re more like 8-year-olds. Trump himself has the emotional maturity of a toddler. He’s like a 4-year-old. He still throws tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. 

it's the national character - spoiled entitled selfish arrogant LAZY brats.  Also racists.  Not a surprise.  Mitt Romney needs to be the R candidate next time but won't happen. 

Hey, i'm just a guy that jacks off to something other than "besthugecocks.com".  I never served, and i don't know shit about fuck.  I'm just throwing it out here for discussion. 
My main point is this:  Biden can act immediately as Commander in Chief without asking for congressional approval if he's just moving units around.  He's got a great reputation internationally, so his word is good.  And, he can challenge the GQP to say "no" after the fact, and if they do, they are committing suicide politically. 

I think it is more likely we’d just tie an aid package to the donation of tanks. But my guess is there is all sorts of analysis of how much aid we could give without an escalation. Tanks may cross a line. No, Russia hasn’t been good about avoiding civilian casualties, but if he starts carpet bombing Kiev, it’s a different level of crisis.

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

While we're seeing horrible civilian casualties those aren't from Russian planes - they're from russian troops on the ground firing artillery and rockets.

We didn't say we'd never intervene.  But we are coalescing international support to destroy the russian economy, which will hit bottom within 2 months due to all the sanctions.

I'm buying the long game.

We don't need a no-fly-zone.

The stinger that took out the chopper this morning, and the SAM that took out the Su-34 this afternoon, prove the Ukrainians are more than capable of shouldering a continuous supply of the good stuff from the west and fucking vlad 6 ways to sunday in the air.

The ground game is still fluid, but every day vlad doesn't break through in to open country and take huge tracts of land is a day closer to him running out of cash to fund this fiesta.

Sanctions are a declaration of war?  Ukraine's sovreignty is at risk due to actions by the west?

Dude.

The fuck is vlad smoking?

Let's get this shit over with.  You want to nuke us over SWIFT, mastercard, visa, seizures, sanctions and the central bank reserves castrations?

Just do it already.   Jeezus.

"Declaration of war".

Fuck you motherfucker.

Russian ship, go fuck yourself.

15 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

it's the national character - spoiled entitled selfish arrogant LAZY brats.  Also racists.  Not a surprise.  Mitt Romney needs to be the R candidate next time but won't happen. 

I disagree with your takes.

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We enforced a no fly zone in Iraq after the first Gulf War with no forces on the ground. Ukraine has forces on the ground. To enforce a no fly zone you need planes in the sky to shoot down other planes in the sky. You need forces on the ground to help your planes target other forces on the ground. Maybe you don’t technically “need” them, but it helps. And that’s been a big part of our military strategy in the last 20+ years. 

Not absolute control of the ground, but at least suppression of AA defenses.

Nowadays, the presence of MANPADs (as opposed to fixed and semi-portable AA missile and artillery batteries) makes that a little more difficult, and maybe implies a greater control of the ground than was historically necessary.

I was in favor of a no-fly zone pre-invasion, but a no fly zone now also means no Ukrainian drone strikes on these convoys.

As they get more drones, and more Stingers to suppress Russian air assets, that's going to be a big advantage.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Let's consider this for a moment, shall we? 

So, how about Uncle Joe calls Duda immediately, and says send over 18 of your fully-operational, fully-armed MIGS to Ukraine tomorrow, and tomorrow, I will have a squadron of American front-line fighters (and crews) sent to Poland and they will remain there until your MIGS are replaced with American planes, and your pilots are trained and operational in those aircraft.  

Joe, as commander-in-chief can make that deal tonight, can he not?  And, Uncle Joe has the street cred to pull off such a deal, unlike TFG. 

And let the shit-talkers in the GOP say "no" to that deal. 

Hey, man. Get in. I'll turn the radio down so we can talk a plane swap.spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, F250 said:

He sounds worse in that video than the Tweet implies. He uses the Putin narrative then blames the Ukraine for not rolling over.

The guy has a PhD in International Relations and commanded US armor at 73 Easting and had some good thoughts at one time on our military doctrine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor

But he's also become a fascist lunatic, apparently since leaving the Army in 2004.

20 minutes ago, Pods said:

I was in favor of a no-fly zone pre-invasion, but a no fly zone now also means no Ukrainian drone strikes on these convoys.

As they get more drones, and more Stingers to suppress Russian air assets, that's going to be a big advantage.

How could you ever be in favor of a no fly zone over Ukraine? only the neocons that are in rut right now are for that and you were for that pre-invasion?

• Hook 'Em 1

It's kind of interesting on the logistics angle.  My Dad was a lowly LTJG in the PTO, but went on to get a business degree, but wasn't actually involved in anything remotely concerning operations or supply chain management.

Yet, he found a copy of Bullets, Beans & Black Oil at a garage sale and sat and read it cover to cover, when I was an early teen.  He told me what it was about and I was all "booooring."

It's a book by the admiral in charge of fleet logistics for the 7th Fleet during WWII, which was and remains one of the wonders of the world.  I don't think any country has sustained that level of land, air, and sea combat, for that long, that far away from home.  Especially without a single combat area (e.g. Viet Nam).

I'm going to have to read that.  https://www.amazon.com/Beans-Bullets-Black-Oil-Logistics-ebook/dp/B06XGJJT26

Shit, looks like Dad's copy may be worth something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

How could you ever be in favor of a no fly zone over Ukraine? only the neocons that are in rut right now are for that and you were for that pre-invasion?

Hi GRUHorn. I would have thought you'd be a little busy right now to be on here 24/7, but I guess that's yet more bad Russian planning. Nice attempt to lump this in with neo-cons though. Buzzword bingo. 

I've been in favor of much stronger intervention since Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 and illegally seized Crimea. It was clear then that Putin wouldn't stop. 

We should have treated it like the existential threat that it was and slapped Putin down then, but normalcy bias is a bitch and people didn't want to see it. People didn't want to see this second invasion either, until it happened. 

A no-fly zone prior to THIS SECOND invasion would have stopped it before it happened. The Russian Air Force just had the worst day of any Air Force in 40 years against Ukraine's rag-tag bunch. Going against NATO is fucking laughable. 

Appeasement never works. Eventually, you either confront a blackmailer, or they'll take everything. The west made the same failure they made with Hitler and it's gotten them the same result. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Someone walk me through game planning for tactical nukes scenario.  From what I googled they are basically small nucs that are designed to cause small scale damage and can be used with your troops in the area.  Does this mean that nuclear fall out is not a concern for these weapons?   What advantage does this give versus the air/ fuel vacuum bombs they are currently using?  If one is used in Ukraine, do you think our hand is forced to respond in kind?   Does this change China’s calculations in supporting Russia?

Edited by Horn Dog

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Someone walk me through game planning for tactical nukes scenario.  From what I googled they are basically small nucs that are designed to cause small scale damage and can be used with your troops in the area.  Does this mean that nuclear fall out is not a concern for these weapons?   What advantage does this give versus the air/ fuel vacuum bombs they are currently using?  If one is used in Ukraine, do you think our hand is forced to respond in kind?   Does this change China’s calculations in supporting Russia?

I doubt anyone wants to open the nuclear Pandora's box, but tactical nukes from artillery are like regular artillery, just more powerful.  And they have radiation associated with them, which is lessened if you have NBC gear.  I would imagine they were developed for a Warsaw Pact invasion of Germany decades ago in mind.  

You have to have the nukes and a delivery weapon.  I don't see Ukraine rendering parts of their country uninhabitable for decades to come.  

Getting kicked off Twitter is the true genocide. 
No, no….being ticketed and towed for parking illegally in downtown Ottawa is true facism.

You're both wrong. The worst fascists are the people telling actors from the 1980s they don't want to watch them act anymore.
  • Like 1