Texas vs Va Tech - Friday, 3:30pm on TBS

shadow_operative

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Stupid that a foul can be called when the guy just stops randomly mid-court.  It's the same as pass interference on an underthrown ball.

The guy with the ball has a right to the space. That play wasn’t like the Trey Young stuff from the NBA at all. Timmy was trying to guard him from behind with under 5 seconds left in the half. It’s a foul and a stupid one

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

He should not hug the dribblers back with under 5 seconds left. That’s not the refs fault.

If he just sidesteps Murphy they don't call the foul. It was running the kid over after Murphy fell down. With fucking 5 seconds left. WTF. 

Then Carr goes gansta, "I got your back, TA," with that banked in 3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Stupid that a foul can be called when the guy just stops randomly mid-court.  It's the same as pass interference on an underthrown ball.

I can almost live with that if they're both going straight downcourt but the guy cut directly into Allen's path. His only purpose in that movement was to cause contact. That should not be a defensive foul (meaning the rule should be changed).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

No he didn’t. Again this is not at all like what happens in the NBA. That was 100% a foul on Timmy

You're high. He cut directly in front of Allen so he could stop in front of him. It wasn't the most blatant move ever but it was obvious. Doesn't mean it wasn't dumb by Allen.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So happy at Carr there that I just chugged a natural lime white claw

White Claws are only acceptable if you’re around water (pool, lake, ocean) or a chick.  I hope you’re enjoying the lake.   

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I can almost live with that if they're both going straight downcourt but the guy cut directly into Allen's path. His only purpose in that movement was to cause contact. That should not be a defensive foul (meaning the rule should be changed).

Correct. I don’t care about the rule or what it is- it’s stupid. If the offensive guy isn’t making an offensive play they shouldn’t get bailed out. Especially as you said he cut in on him. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

You're high. He cut directly in front of Allen so he could stop in front of him. It wasn't the most blatant move ever but it was obvious. Doesn't mean it wasn't dumb by Allen.

No he didn’t. Allen started picking him up because Aj was still celebrating. Again the guy with the ball has a right to the space. That’s it.

Paging @Pancho

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed, the defender in that position cannot do anything.  The contact is initiated by the offensive player there.  It's a bullshit call, but consistently called against the defender.

I remember people doing that in junior high. Maybe Timmy should have had his head on.

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

That's good to know as I'm currently enjoying a white claw while enjoying your mom

If you’re into 84yo women, who’ve had 6 kids, that’s on you.  Hopefully she’s having a great time though…

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No he didn’t. Allen started picking him up because Aj was still celebrating. Again the guy with the ball has a right to the space. That’s it.

Paging @Pancho

This is correct.  If the ball handler stops and the defender from behind runs into him, that’s a foul on the defender as the ball handler has a right to stop and/or change direction. 

If the ball handler goes into a legal defensive player, then that’s a different story.  

• Hook 'Em 1