2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

Those “sports bras” are catapult gps units.  Measures top speed, power runs, distance, etc.  they are primarily for soccer and so the gps puck sits between your shoulder blades.  They cost ~$200

Edited by UThomas
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Ewers certainly doesn't look the part of a generational athlete with 1.5 years of S&C at the college level. NTTAWWT / NTIGAF, of course. 

He’s going to win all the games & women giving zero fucks. You’ll love it or die alone.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

We just witnessed what Neyor can do at spring game. This list can fly, let’s hope it shows in pads and fb speed.

Flood is a size queen.  Sark is obviously a speed queen.  The remake of the WR room in one cycle is impressive.  Omeire is interesting after being in bubble wrap for 2 years.

9 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

SIAP but Texas Sports updated the 2022 roster complete with height, weight, and photos* of all 44 true freshman on this team.

https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/2022?&sort=class

*a few players don't have their photo on their bio yet.

Wasn’t expecting Tapp to already be that big

Trevell is gonna have to move positions or he’s out of here, no way he’s gonna be able to put on that much weight

And I thought Burke was taller than 6’3?

9 hours ago, OB3 said:

Wasn’t expecting Tapp to already be that big

Trevell is gonna have to move positions or he’s out of here, no way he’s gonna be able to put on that much weight

Trevell is the one that stands out. But he’s always been a better player/leader than tester/measurer. 

That’s a typo on Burke, the kid is easily 6’6 if not 6’7

Surprised in the weights for some of the freshmen DBs. That’s a big group but I expected Guilbeau to be listed as bigger than some of those other guys weight wise. 

Majors at 315 gives me some hope. 

If Tapp can keep that weight through fall camp he will be playing more than expected. 

If we ever get Big Cam down to 360 he is going to demolish people on the right side of that line. 

9 hours ago, OB3 said:

Somewhere on this site there are some recent pics (I looked and couldn't find) that would suggest either he's quite a bit taller than his listed height, or a lot of the other guys are quite a bit shorter than theirs

1 hour ago, FreeHorn said:

Surprised in the weights for some of the freshmen DBs. That’s a big group but I expected Guilbeau to be listed as bigger than some of those other guys weight wise. 

Majors at 315 gives me some hope. 

If Tapp can keep that weight through fall camp he will be playing more than expected. 

If we ever get Big Cam down to 360 he is going to demolish people on the right side of that line. 

Bledsoe and Ross both are lighter than I thought they would be. I figured both would come in around 285-290. Ethan Burke already at 235 is gruntling. Brennan Thompson listed at 162 is surprising to me as well. He looks thicker than that from his track videos. Agbo at 6'6'' 337 is a nice surprise, I didnt think he was that tall. 

54 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Rent Free...

It's always amazed me that we give a fuck about it. The mainest message they send us by doing the "Horns Down" is that they have never in their life been in a field and had any sort of bovine nearby show them the "Horns Down" - if they'd ever been there, they'd know they'd best be on the lookout for a fence or a tree or truck ... or some thing they can hide behind or climb up on.

We should give the sign right back to them, and start chanting "Rent Free! Rent Free! Rent Free!" 

• Like 1

Steve Sarkisian opens up on spring, summer, 35 newcomers in Austin

Justin Wells•about 1 hour

Article written by:Justin Wells

Steve Sarkisian (Tim Warner/Getty Images)

ARLINGTON, Texas — Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian spoke on 104.9 The Horn this morning during the second day of Big 12 Media Days. 

[Get a FREE 7-day trial of Inside Texas Plus!]

-Sarkisian noted it’s been a long six weeks of summer so far. Sarkisian said he took a step back to review the program. 

-With 35 new scholarship athletes on campus composed of 28 freshman and seven transfers, Sarkisian noted the Texas staff worked on a lot of team building exercises including coach-to-player meetings as well as more player-to-player sessions. 

-Sarkisian noted how the recruiting calendar has changed over the last two years with official visits, unofficial visits, and camps in the spring and summer.

“June is intense,” said Sarkisian. “July is for recharging.” 

-Sarkisian spoke about a few of the newcomers like Quinn Ewers, Ryan Watts, and Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey. With Ewers, he reminded the listeners this was a re-classified player and is still adjusting to life in Austin. Sark noted Watts has been tremendous, and that Tucker-Dorsey was a boost to linebacker depth. Sark mentioned the impact the transfer portal can have when grabbing the right guys. 

-Sarkisian spoke about Hudson Card and mentioned he saw more development from the Lake Travis product. They went back and watched his tape from 2021 and saw a lot of really good things through the inconsistency. Sarkisian likes how Card handled this spring. 

-Sarkisian mentioned the older guys are leading the younger guys, and that’s the first sign of a player-led program. Names like Roschon Johnson and other seniors that have become living examples of what they want at Texas. 

-Sarkisian noted that Bijan Robinson gets so much attention, on and off the field, but that they have to put weapons around him. The competition’s focus will be on stopping Robinson and they have to help him. 

-Sarkisian loves the development along the offensive line with Kyle Flood. He said the competition is going to be fierce with the influx of seven freshmen offensive linemen now on campus. Sarkisian wants to see how they hold up when the pads start popping. 

-Sarkisian said Bo Davis and the defensive line have made great strides this spring and summer. Sarkisian said he believes Davis is “the best defensive line coach in the nation.”

-Sarkisian spoke about the linebackers and the progress they’re making, especially Jaylan Ford, who “has stepped up big this spring and summer.” 

-Sarkisian loves the unselfishness of the secondary, with players changing positions. Kitan Crawford has been a wonderful surprise, Anthony Cook and Jerrin Thompson’s versatility stand out, and Jahdae Barron and Jaylon Guilbeau are holding down the STAR/nickel spot. 

We’ll have more from Sarkisian and the players later today.  

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I keep having flashbacks to John Kruk. Of course, Kruk was an all-star and Ewers will be an All-American.

John Kruk bears no comparison to Ewers other than the mullet. That did make me laugh though. Kruk came up fat and got fatter. Ewers isn't fat.

I'm paraphrasing, but I read a Kruk story once that still cracks me up. Back when the Phillies had Dykstra, Daulton, Kruk, Schilling, Larry Andersen, Mitch Williams, and whoever else was on those wild ass teams, they were out partying one night after a game. In NYC or LA, I think.

Anyway, Kruk is sitting there smoking and doing shots and some reporter lady walks up to the group and says to him: "How can you consider yourself an athlete while you sit here and drink and smoke like this?" Kruk takes a long drag off of his cigarette and looks at her and says: "Hey lady, I'm not an athlete. I'm a baseball player." Outstanding.

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Flood is a size queen.  Sark is obviously a speed queen.  The remake of the WR room in one cycle is impressive.  Omeire is interesting after being in bubble wrap for 2 years.

If Troy Omeire contributes more than 5 catches for 50 yards this season before shattering into a million little pieces of glass, you can knock me over with a feather.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

John Kruk bears no comparison to Ewers other than the mullet. That did make me laugh though. Kruk came up fat and got fatter. Ewers isn't fat.

I'm paraphrasing, but I read a Kruk story once that still cracks me up. Back when the Phillies had Dykstra, Daulton, Kruk, Schilling, Larry Andersen, Mitch Williams, and whoever else was on those wild ass teams, they were out partying one night after a game. In NYC or LA, I think.

Anyway, Kruk is sitting there smoking and doing shots and some reporter lady walks up to the group and says to him: "How can you consider yourself an athlete while you sit here and drink and smoke like this?" Kruk takes a long drag off of his cigarette and looks at her and says: "Hey lady, I'm not an athlete. I'm a baseball player." Outstanding.

If Troy Omeire contributes more than 5 catches for 50 yards this season before shattering into a million little pieces of glass, you can knock me over with a feather.

His best line was after testicular cancer. I forgot what inspired the response, but he said "I will just just take my ball and go home"

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

It's always amazed me that we give a fuck about it. The mainest message they send us by doing the "Horns Down" is that they have never in their life been in a field and had any sort of bovine nearby show them the "Horns Down" - if they'd ever been there, they'd know they'd best be on the lookout for a fence or a tree or truck ... or some thing they can hide behind or climb up on.

We should give the sign right back to them, and start chanting "Rent Free! Rent Free! Rent Free!" 

To me, the issue has always been about the hypocrisy of the clear taunting being allowed and then seeing our guys flagged for taunting or excessive celebration. If it were up to me, I'd just let them all taunt and celebrate because it's fun to watch.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

-Sarkisian spoke about Hudson Card and mentioned he saw more development from the Lake Travis product. They went back and watched his tape from 2021 and saw a lot of really good things through the inconsistency. Sarkisian likes how Card handled this spring.   

Translation:

"Card is coming along nicely... for a career backup level guy"

8 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Dumb question: where is our Heisman candidate running back?

His greatness isn't in outrunning people to the end zone from distance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It was interesting hearing Aranda yesterday talk about how he made his QB1 decision after the spring game and let the players know. Sark seemingly has an easier decision to make at QB, but he’s going to let them battle it out during fall camp. Different approaches 

Was there  a QB competition there that I missed? Thought Shapen was a lock to start

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

It was interesting hearing Aranda yesterday talk about how he made his QB1 decision after the spring game and let the players know. Sark seemingly has an easier decision to make at QB, but he’s going to let them battle it out during fall camp. Different approaches 

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

There's not a single person in that program, Card included, that doesn't know Ewers is QB1 game 1 barring injury. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sarkisian went on to say, “ I just wish he would have taught them the scheme in year 1.  We might have had a chance in a few games. Who would have thought knowing the scheme would be so important. “

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Not even remotely the same situations. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic