2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

43 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree with his week 1 guess. Would be surprised by Cam starting this year but impossible to guess end of year. Sounds like he's really high on Conner which is a bit surprising considering how he looked when playing last year.

Not as concerned with who starts -- just hope Texas can effectively play 8 or 9 guys on the OL during this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not as concerned with who starts -- just hope Texas can effectively play 8 or 9 guys on the OL during this season.

I heard Herman say once that even at Ohio State they only had 7 guys that they felt they could win with on the line. If they got to the 8th they were going to be in trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

I heard Herman say once that even at Ohio State they only had 7 guys that they felt they could win with on the line. If they got to the 8th they were going to be in trouble. 

fuck that turdle

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Conner came on a bit in the spring. He very well could find a place on the line but I would be surprised to see him beating out one of Banks, Jones, and Williams at tackle or Campbell at guard. He seems like an ideal sixth man who can come in at any spot on the line outside of center in a pinch. 

He may be a guy who is one of our best five in August but not in December. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nobody plays 8 or 9 guys on the OL regularly. You play your best 5 and then hope you have a decent IOL and OT backup. 

Not saying regularly, just hoping to see 8-9 guys on Texas OL get more snaps than last year.  Get ahead, and rotate in a player or two at a time like Cam, Devon, Hutson and Karic.

Maybe wishful thinking, but gotta build more depth with these young OL guys...

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

This is the real situation. The hawgs, O as well as D, need replacements to let them rest from time to time. Depending on oppos' O personnel different defenders might be "starters" in any given game, likewise our O players. Subbing without undue talent drop-off is a key. 

On D especially, the subs have to be able to trot on and off - don't need 300+ guys running 30-yard sprints to get in position. Ogre and the Fightin' Taggers showed us how to do that. It works both ways, and I was kinda pissed that Mensa Tom didn't throw it right back in their faces - after their "injury" time outs, line up and before setting, have the  guy you want to sub fall down and grab his cramping leg.

One of my maternal uncles played at Stanford in the early 40's. Before a game in South Bend, he hid out and watched Notre Dame practice, and at the end, Frank Leahy blew his whistle and called out "All right boys, get in formation and let's practice the injury play!" Part of the acting was yelling "Ref, cramp! Cramp!" and stretching their teammate's leg to help break it loose. My uncle said Leahy was always a cheating SOB, but in that game the Fightin' Arsh kicked the crap out of the Indians without having to resort to "the injury play".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

Those odds actually only imply an 11.3% chance of going 11-1 or better, assuming each game is independent, and assuming my math is correct

Hide contents
.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734
= .015

((1 - .989) * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * (1 - .247) * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * (1 - .924) * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * (1 - .759) * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * (1 - .885) * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * (1 - .554) * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * (1 - .794) * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * (1 - .531) * .744 * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * (1 - .744) * .834 * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * (1 - .834) * .936 * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * (1 - .936) * .734)
+   (.989 * .247 * .924 * .759 * .885 * .554 * .794 * .531 * .744 * .834 * .936 * (1 - .734))
= .098

tumblr_njzfft8qzQ1qz9wlpo1_500.gifv

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

This is not directed at you specifically @SuckitKevin, but I absolutely love the annual surly tradition of a bunch of fat fucks on the internet commenting, criticizing, and bashing the S&C program and what they are or are not doing and giving recs on what they should be doing

Mad Dog? Check

Wylie? Check

Moorer? Check

McKnight? Check

Becton? Check

Hell, I'm sure there in the infancy of the intertron there was probably an aol chat room dedicated to bashing Rock Gullickson

I'll say this: people involved in S&C and other aspects of this team (and other teams) read and post on message boards, including this one. I have no idea who SuckitKevin is, but there are people who know what's happening inside the football program reading this. Sometimes posters do know what they're posting about.  

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I'll say this: people involved in S&C and other aspects of this team (and other teams) read and post on message boards, including this one. I have no idea who SuckitKevin is, but there are people who know what's happening inside the football program reading this. Sometimes posters do know what they're posting about.  

Shit, no wonder this team has sucked for over a decade 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not saying regularly, just hoping to see 8-9 guys on Texas OL get more snaps than last year.  Get ahead, and rotate in a player or two at a time like Cam, Devon, Hutson and Karic.

Maybe wishful thinking, but gotta build more depth with these young OL guys...

Best way to build that depth is to blow people out. Be nice to have some conference games up a few TDs in the 4Q

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LT Kelvin Banks
LG Junior Angilau
OC Jake Majors
RG Hayden Conner
RT Christian Jones

That is the season-opening OL I expect. Predicting end of season is a pointless crap shoot because there's other variables - injuries, W-L record, redshirts, etc. - that go beyond projecting player development or positional fit.

43 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Best way to build that depth is to blow people out. Be nice to have some conference games up a few TDs in the 4Q

I miss those games.  But Turtle Tom seemed to hate winning by more than 1-7 points.  

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting stats... UTSA (#25) has more returning production than Texas (#57)

Quick Question:  Does a player transfer factor into this? Would Neyor benefit Texas or just count against Wyoming?

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Quick Question:  Does a player transfer factor into this? Would Neyor benefit Texas or just count against Wyoming?

Transfers Returning production: Quite crudely, if a player transfers from one FBS school to another, I mash his production from his previous team into the numerator and denominator for his new team. So if your quarterback leaves, and you bring in a transfer who was starting somewhere else -- a la USC, Ole Miss, Cincinnati and others -- that dampens the overall blow significantly. Because the translation from lower levels to upper is extremely inconsistent, I don't do this for players transferring up from FCS or Division II. I used to, but it didn't produce predictive value

Source:  https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/2022-college-football-returning-production-espn/101187337/#:~:text=ESPN (Connelly) - 2022 CFB Returning Production quote%3A,yards%3A 29% Percent of returning OL snaps%3A 28%

If anyone is interested, I got a presale email this morning from AT&T Stadium for Big 12 Championship tickets. Code is 22B12DB and the presale is live at 10am Central tomorrow on Seatgeek. My annual dumbest investment, but maybe this is the year.

Edited by CashMcCoy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Saw this list on twitter, someone can fact check it on IT to see if it’s right

That list looks pretty plausible. Only having 2 of 10 on defense and only 1 of them starting certainly seems like an accurate depiction of our physical talent short fallings on defense. 

On the flip side, we have a ton of deep speed on offense for Sark and Ewers to be able to stretch the field at all times. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

11 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Our QB wearing a sports bra? 

Doomed.

No shit. And not just the QB. Why the fuck are these kids wearing sports bras?

"THAT'S HOW YOU ATTACK"

Says the video showing dudes playing on the beach wearing sports bras

Edited by Hermanator

Much better, but I'd be in favor of removing the Texas on front and letting the helmet logo do it's thing. However as soon as we do that, shrimp dick syndrome in Collie station would kick in...next thing we know they're wearing a jersey with a giant TEXAS on front, tiny a&m (or aggys) underneath.

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic