The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

When Jose Andres calls you out for something, there is a good chance you should rethink your behavior...

On that note, all of the banned journos have been reinstated save two--one is Linette Lopez, the woman who had called him out back some time ago (this seemed rather like a revenge ban because he's a gamergatebro at heart) and the other is Keith Olbermann.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Some of y’all have got to find something better to do than post here while y’all are drinking on Friday nights.

Hey man, I'm trying to be sober.  But I did end up at a holiday party with Oliver Stone, Adrien Grenier, and one of the dudes that owns Austin FC.  The weirdest shit happens to me when I'm not drinking.  

42 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

On that note, all of the banned journos have been reinstated

Not for long.  Everybody now sees how weak he is and how easy it is to get under Musk’s skin.  He’s got too many buttons to push.

And my guess is that either he cares about his internet polls that said bring them back, or somebody that he’s willing to listen to actually told him how bad he’s fucking up.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not for long.  Everybody now sees how weak he is and how easy it is to get under Musk’s skin.  He’s got too many buttons to push.

And my guess is that either he cares about his internet polls that said bring them back, or somebody that he’s willing to listen to actually told him how bad he’s fucking up.

There's no way that's a real poll.  He just sees how much wrath is coming his way, says "Hey, I put up a poll" and then waits a day and changes policy.  

Much easier than admitting he's wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

hell, for 1/10th of what he spent he could have positively affected literally billions of people. but he chose to be selfish. and people wonder why we want to tax billionaires more. they are the boogeyman everyone told us that the government was when it came to wasting money

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Bill Gates has spent billions saving lives with vaccines, medications and healthcare in third world countries, and he constantly gets shit on by people. He's probably saved millions of lives with those programs over the last 20 years, but I don't think being a benevolent billionaire is all it's cracked up to be. Certain circles will appreciate it, but the lunatics will demonize him for whatever reasons they want to make up.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Bill Gates has spent billions saving lives with vaccines, medications and healthcare in third world countries, and he constantly gets shit on by people. He's probably saved millions of lives with those programs over the last 20 years, but I don't think being a benevolent billionaire is all it's cracked up to be. Certain circles will appreciate it, but the lunatics will demonize him for whatever reasons they want to make up.

Imagine if Musk had smuggled in a few hundred millions of dollars worth of Starlinks into Iran.  They’d give him the praise he desperately craves.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, YGIFS said:

Hey man, I'm trying to be sober.  But I did end up at a holiday party with Oliver Stone, Adrien Grenier, and one of the dudes that owns Austin FC.  The weirdest shit happens to me when I'm not drinking.  

Weird stuff happened to you when you did drink. The memory just was not working so well during those moments. My entire life is like a real life Forrest Gump complete with winding up in places I never intended to be at, but just kinda was there. Personally I am cool with that. I am sure that formerly drunk me from a few years ago also had wild stuff happen, but the memories from those likely moments just do not exist.

I appreciate the insight.  But Friday night, I really did end up at dinner with Oliver Stone, Adrien Grnenier, and the other owner of Austin FC (not Precourt, the other guy).  I  have lived many lives, served many masters.  Only thing stranger than drunken Lobo is sober Lobo.  I literally ended up at the Supreme Court of Texas holiday party last night and I have no idea how.  And the sliders were delicious.  

I really need to delete my twitter account though 

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The Christmas of L E O N

As in other years, my wife unpacked and arranged N O E L over the fireplace to hang stockings 

I rearranged it to E L O N

L E O N is our negotiated holiday compromise position for 2022

We have those too. Every year, I put up L E O N when my wife asks me to put them up.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

He’s going to get a bunch of bots to boost the nos around 2 am and claim that it is just like the 2020 election so libs can’t complain about it. And all alt right accounts will laugh and hail him as their king. 

Yep, the Moscow bot farmers will be waking up soon and firing up the bots to help him.   Then again, they could run them against him and it would create a shit-ton of turmoil on Twitter.  Social media has not been kind to Russia during the last 9 months.