The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

If taken at face value, then the live tracking rule could eliminate many tweets and therefore accounts.

if I’m at a football game and post a photo of myself and there are random people in the background, I just doxxed their exact real time location. Most likely I have neither obtained and definitely didn’t document their approval.

Elon might reply that this scenario is not tracking data and therefore ok.  But what if the person in said background photo is Elon himself. Completely random that is him. Would I be violating this rule?

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If taken at face value, then the live tracking rule could eliminate many tweets and therefore accounts.

if I’m at a football game and post a photo of myself and there are random people in the background, I just doxxed their exact real time location. Most likely I have neither obtained and definitely didn’t document their approval.

Elon might reply that this scenario is not tracking data and therefore ok.  But what if the person in said background photo is Elon himself. Completely random that is him. Would I be violating this rule?

That depends on these rules

1. Does the photo make him look good?

2. Does the photo make him look bad?

if 1 is true then no

If 2 is true then yes 

simple

You really expect consistent policies from him? It’s what’s the flavor of the day and who is criticizing me sort of jerk reactions 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Elon not only banned the Mastodon account, you now can’t post links to Mastodon (ie “here’s my mastodon link to find me if Twitter bans me”) either.

I’d say he’s noticed the migration occurring

Meanwhile mastodon admins are getting overwhelmed with a signup and utilization surge

What does this mean?

My impression is that advertisers on Twitter have an app they can use to manage where/how/who they target

The graph suggests the app is being used MUCH less which is likely proportional to Twitters resulting ad revenue
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can only imagine that most advertisers are only keeping their advertisers dollars on twitter because the money was already committed and they're risking that they won't be embarrassed.  But if their budget year ends on Dec. 31st, then will soon have all the time in the world to shift that budget to other platforms.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

These rules are instituted on the whims of a billionaire surrounded by yes men who forgot what it feels like to be embarrassed. There won’t be time to actually implement said rules, as he’ll already have moved on to fresher embarrassments.

Basically, it’s Trump’s presidency.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Elon not only banned the Mastodon account, you now can’t post links to Mastodon (ie “here’s my mastodon link to find me if Twitter bans me”) either.

Meanwhile mastodon admins are getting overwhelmed with a signup and utilization surge

You can't even DM someone anything with Mastodon in it.

Having said that, and after having accounts for 10 days on both,  Post.News is better in my opinion.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 7

These rules are instituted on the whims of a billionaire surrounded by yes men who forgot what it feels like to be embarrassed. There won’t be time to actually implement said rules, as he’ll already have moved on to fresher embarrassments.

Yep. Can anyone tell me what Twitters TOS are, at this moment in time? I mean, other than “whatever Elon decides at any given moment?”
It truly is Hornfans, except not nearly as reasonable or consistent.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep. Can anyone tell me what Twitters TOS are, at this moment in time? I mean, other than “whatever Elon decides at any given moment?”

Well, you see, it's currently being written by a cadre of top men.

Probably will have the final draft ready for publishing in two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Closer to home, I remember when we had to find creative ways to talk about the Shag at Hornfans because despite having their blessing, it was a bannable offense to bring it up.

5 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Except decaffeinated. What kind of psychopath would actually drink caffeine free diet coke?  

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

@Brisketexan, apparently the TOS was simplified and codified last night:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Was this the kid he disowned for being trans or some other kid?
I've been wondering, what do you think the longest amount of time he's gone without seeing one of his kids. He's got 10... I bet that he's gone 6 months without seeing one of them. You know a birthday has been missed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

blinkingevelope.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can only imagine that most advertisers are only keeping their advertisers dollars on twitter because the money was already committed and they're risking that they won't be embarrassed.  But if their budget year ends on Dec. 31st, then will soon have all the time in the world to shift that budget to other platforms.

My daughter is a media buyer and I can’t wait to pick her up at the airport tomorrow and hear firsthand what the Twitter shitshow looks like from the buyers side.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

How do you permanently delete a twitter account?  I googled it and says there's a "settings" tab under your profile pic, but I don't see it.  I opened one a few months ago to follow some mid-terms politicos and want to get the hell outta dodge now.  I'm not seeing the option anywhere on my home page.  

• Hook 'Em 1