Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I fell bad about leaving Texas Tech and Okie State behind.  Maybe we could get those two schools in as part of the 20-24.

Neither of those schools have done anything for Texas besides cause headaches. Why help them now? It's akin to jumping into the ocean with anchors on both legs.

Edited by UDontKnow

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

We could have hired Art Briles but didn't because we knew what he was.   Not all of us are that way.  Tom Herman got shit on a bit because he hired a minor player that was touched with the Art Briles stink.   That was before he was turtle tom on here.

We didn’t skip on Briles because we “knew who he was.” He refused to interview for the job. He said whipping our ass was the interview, he wanted it given to him. We said fuck off. 

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz

Everyone pay attention. This is actually significant. Like a comfortable old shoe, Liucci and aTm are back in the same routine of trying to sidle up next to OU while they attempt to lampoon us. I guess fluffing them is just ingrained. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Neither of those schools have done anything for Texas besides causing headaches. Why help them now? It's akin to jumping into the ocean with anchors on both legs.

Yeah watch the Raiders crow about cockroaching us in 2008, and watch the 2015 UT-oSu referee-palooza again, and you'll quickly stop feeling any sympathy for either of those fanbases.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And as you point out, both schools have also consistently shot down any INSIDE attempts to move the game.  So, no worries.  Both schools want the game right where it is.  That is where it will remain.

how much more money do the schools stand to make from moving it to the death star? that’s what you should worry about. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

We didn’t skip on Briles because we “knew who he was.” He refused to interview for the job. He said whipping our ass was the interview, he wanted it given to him. We said fuck off. 

Everyone pay attention. This is actually significant. Like a comfortable old shoe, Liucci and aTm are back in the same routine of trying to sidle up next to OU while they attempt to lampoon us. I guess fluffing them is just ingrained. 

Which is great because the last 10 years of S-E-C shit talk from A&M has really soured OU fans and they have come with knives against aggy  since this move has been announced. So if they try and suck up to OU to piss us off it’s only going to make them look like cucks when OU pushes their shit in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Which is great because the last 10 years of S-E-C shit talk from A&M has really soured OU fans and they have come with knives against aggy  since this move has been announced. So if they try and suck up to OU to piss us off it’s only going to make them look like cucks when OU pushes their shit in.

Don’t forget aggy has scoreboard on OU too.

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah watch the Raiders crow about cockroaching us in 2008, and watch the 2015 UT-oSu referee-palooza again, and you'll quickly stop feeling any sympathy for either of those fanbases.

Fucking Crabtree. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

how much more money do the schools stand to make from moving it to the death star? that’s what you should worry about. 

No, the thing to think about, is how willing are the luxury suite owners at Texas and OU, to pay Jerry for the right to purchase a chance to sit in a luxury suite in HIS stadium?  I'll let you ponder how that would turn out.

The game would go home-and-home before it ever moved to Jerryworld, the BMDs at both schools would ensure that.

I certainly hope and pray it stays at the Cotton Bowl forever.  But the thing we DON'T have to worry about, is Jerryworld.

Edited by utee94

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

Who gives a fuck?  Play it in the parking lot of the Addison Walmart, I don't care.  I just want it to be an annual, neutral-site event.

16 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I fell bad about leaving Texas Tech and Okie State behind.  Maybe we could get those two schools in as part of the 20-24.

Yeah I hope they get picked up by the PAC, B1G or ACC, but don't care enough about them to have college football turn into a 24-team sport

• Hook 'Em 2

She’s been posting here for 2 years and hasn’t figured this out yet.  Hmmm.  Maybe I can help...RD has an unhealthy fixation on all things Aggie.   There, all better.  

I have been here a while but don’t much post on the UT sports boards - not my place. So I have no idea who that poster is or his history.

But the responses to the post I made to HIS post certainly tell a tale

Hit dogs holler and all that.

Sorry to break up the circle jerk with an outside perspective. I’ll go back to lurking on this thread.

As I said in my first post in this thread - Welcome aboard, y’all!
  • Fuck You 2

(I’m a page or two back, so this isn’t directed at any of the posts that appear right above me.)

Shut the fuck up about us “trying to run things” and “us being controlling” or whatever the fuck people keep saying. Us and OU are fucking tired of having to carry everything, “run things,” and “control things.” Our backs hurt. We need a break. Fuck off to someplace where we don’t have to hear your whinging

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Looch has had a good almost 10 year run of being in the SEC where no opposing fanbase really gives a shit about what he says.  His bullshit is just as weak now as it was back in the day.  Not a single ounce of argumentative skill has been gained all this time. Incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That would be ideal, but my main concern is never home-and-home.

The ONLY options are going to be Cotton Bowl, or home-and-home.  The only thing keeping it in the Cotton Bowl are history, tradition, inertia.  There are plenty of forces trying to pull it to home-and-home.

So if you want it to remain neutral site, you probably should become a Cotton Bowl or Bust kinda guy.  *shrug*

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Word.

Renewed rivalries with A&M and Arkansas, and continuing OU as a conference game, is going to be really great.  If I could go back to conference alignments from about 1983, I gladly would.  But in this modern world of college football, this is really all that I could have ever hoped for.

You and troph are right. I'm warming up to this move. The schedule will be exciting.

As a parting gift for the other Big 12 teams, I'd promise them all a game at DKR-Memorial over the next 10 years. It will be a good payday for them and would add a little drama to the game. Maybe not K-State for obvious reasons but everybody else.

We'll likely be scheduling TCU and Tech as non conference games in Texas. Fuck Baylor, they should have been shut down after the Briles scandal revealed their culture of allowing rape and punishing the victims. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Funniest thing throughout all of this to me has been how aggy personified everything they hate about us and everything the SEC is against. 

For years, aggy has told us that the SEC is different. It’s a family. You’re one of 14. Everybody’s voice is equal. Unlike the SWC and Big 12, where mean old Texas unilaterally made all the decisions. 

So when it’s announced that Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC, what does aggy do? Immediately claim that it can unilaterally veto this move, even though it’s one of the newest members, and the other 13 schools don’t have an equal say. 

Way to step on your own dick, aggy.  As if the other members needed another reason to think you’re ... different.

Is that post recent?  And how did the geniuses over there respond?
And why doesn't Looch respond to THIS?

17498d08a7a10f40124dfa4725f9860b.jpg

I think this needs to be in his replies anytime he tweets.

FWIW, I listened to him on Finebaum’s show (someone here had posted the link) and was surprised to hear him sound way more reasonable and accepting of the situation than how he comes across on Twitter.

2 hours ago, troph said:

Start at 1:19:20 and realize your future … it’s inevitable. Hahaha. 

Thanks, Troph.  I remember this game well, but don't think I'd ever seen the video.  Was doing normal Saturday chores with my wife and listening on the car radio.  Was waiting in line at a car wash and ended up in the wash in total radio silence on the final play.  Couldn't believe that we won!

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Haha what’s does having 550,000 former students have to do with how good your football team is or basketball team? Men not women. No one gives two fucks about women’s sports.

I care about women’s sports being good. 

550k alumni is an allusion to the idea that means they have money and resources to match Texas. He’s saying they have money. But what he doesn’t account is that a vast majority of those 550k alums too out at about 70k a year. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The ONLY options are going to be Cotton Bowl, or home-and-home.  The only thing keeping it in the Cotton Bowl are history, tradition, inertia.  There are plenty of forces trying to pull it to home-and-home.

So if you want it to remain neutral site, you probably should become a Cotton Bowl or Bust kinda guy.  *shrug*

I was merely responding to the idea of moving it from the Cotton Bowl to Jerry World.  In that scenario, I'd prefer the Cotton Bowl.  Take it as a given.  If it is, as you say, Cotton Bowl or home-and-home, then of course I'm Team Cotton Bowl.

5 minutes ago, jofus said:

And despite all that, if they had stayed in the big 12, their 2012 team would have had a real shot at playing for the national title.

I know it's a popular jape to mock the ags with this, but the 2011 team was 6-6 (4-5 vs. B12) in the regular season.  They weren't going to miraculously dominate the B12 and challenge for the national championship the next year.  The B12 was accustomed to offenses like theirs and the SEC was unprepared for it.

• Hook 'Em 8

54 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Neither of those schools have done anything for Texas besides cause headaches. Why help them now? It's akin to jumping into the ocean with anchors on both legs.

Tech and okie lite have been quality conference mates. Ok State only drug us through the mud when Pattersons dumbass deserved it over that Wickline fiasco. And rightly so. That said, they will both find homes with big conferences, but they dont move the needle in our scenario with the SEC.

As I said in a prior post, the B1G would be smart to snap them both up to keep a footprint in Texas. As it is, the SEC just closed to borders of TX talent. Ohio State may be the one who feels this move most outside of aggy.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1