Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This is the thing I think most SEC outsiders can’t stand hearing the SEC conference homers thump their chest about.   

Over the past decade, they’ve had one team that has been a constant-Bama. In other words we’d probably be 0-10 against them, maybe 1-9  with a win during the Herman years if his brain farted the right way.  

After them, they had two that were consistently good, but beatable.    I mean we we beat UGA even though we were underdogs to a team the media said didn’t want to be there.    We came  razor thin close to beating LSU for crying out loud the same year they won the NC.  Again both games under the leadership of Coach Mensa .  Further perspective UGA came within two points of losing to Nichols State in 2016 on their home turf with Homer SEC Refs. In other words both were very beatable and not an ass kicker week in and week out as some like to make them out to be. 

Then  you have Florida who had some time in the wilderness .   Auburn won an NC I think be accident now looking back because they didn’t do much after that.  Over all nothing to strike fear into a respectable opponents psyche.    

So of the teams remaining you have Arkansas, Mizzou, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy, Tennessee, and South Carolina.   Oh and aggy.

Can anyone with a straight face suggest if you took one or two of these teams from the group listed above and put them in the ACC, Big 12, Big10, or PAC 12, they would dominate week in and week out?   Nope, and many of them would struggle just like they did in the SEC or be a couple games north of .500. Saving grace that made many of them look better than they were was the cupcake non conference scheduling that was encouraged by the SEC on top of getting one of those cupcakes in November which would allow them to solidify poll slots largely drive by lapdog pro SEC  sports media.  You get four wins from non conference  and all you need to do is win three more and boom, you are seven game winner. 

No need to fight it anymore.  True or not we will now get to use it to our advantage.  

19 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

granted, this is probably bait (although aggy haven't shown themselves to be the most self-aware bunch as of late) but acting like they invented stadium expansions is hilarious

I admittedly don't know the history of Kyle Field expansion, because why the fuck would I care?, but DKR has been expanded so many times over the decades that to try to put a stake in the ground in 2015 is . . . well, it's expected, but Jeebus.

29 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Aggy wants to act like they’re so different from when they left the Big 12 because they’ve played in the league for almost a decade and have recruited “SEC” players but the truth is one of their best football seasons in their history was their first year in the SEC with a defacto Big 12 roster.

They are 3-17 against LSU and Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I have posted here for a few years and generally like most of y’all.

But the attitude displayed in this post is exactly why some of us have the impression of UT fans that we do.

“We’re Texas”. Whatever. You’re one of 16 now.

Give it 5 years, once the novelty has worn off, and y’all will bitching about “THE SEC OFFICE IS IN BIRMINGHAM, PAULLLLLLL” and posting conspiracy theories about the Red Elephant Club.

Imagine, these chuckle fucks think that this has been a humbling experience for us, lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck aggy, and fuck 0U, too. I want aggy in our pod, so we can kick their ass every fucking year. I also think 0U in another pod is best, and gives 0U and Texas control over half the SEC, likely. 0U can still be our "official conference rival" and play us every year. I don't give a fuck about the rest of their pod - errbody saying "oooh! oooh! 0U gets an easier path, ohhhh noooo!" can fuck right off. I want 0U in a different pod, which they should be able to breeze through every year... as should we in ours. Keeping 0U, Texas, and aggy in one pod is not to our advantage

Listen, I like your fire.  But going through the hassle of typing out 0U over and over reeks of tu.  You’re better than that.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Derp
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How did the A&M brass not have talking points ready to hand to everyone in the Athletic Department the moment this leaked? You can't let those freaks outside the house without a leash!!!

Sharp should've been on the phone to the AD and Fisher and Liucci 20 seconds after the leak giving them the talking points

Pretty sure this happened and those were the talking points.  "Waaah waaah we don't want tu in the same conference!"

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

No need to fight it anymore.  True or not we will now get to use it to our advantage.  

Correct. Once we make it official, it will be interesting to see how this effects the recruiting narrative.   Especially as we get closer to the fall when you have the verbals planting their flags.  Heck it will be interesting here in the next week how just the talk has changed things.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, troph said:
I can’t fucking wait, I’ve been vocal about the loss of rivalries … Texas may be the last to the SEC but I would give some dude’s left and right nuts to restore Texas vs Arkansas, Texas vs. A&M and keep Texas versus OU. Those are Texas most hated rivals and how I want to watch Texas football on saturdays in the fall. 

Meh, I'm a bit too young to remember the piggy thing and can live the rest of my life never going within 10 miles of collie station or having the gomers defile DRK...but Texas-blowU must stay..and must stay in the Cotton Bowl even if the thing starts crumbling and tumbling down as we're playing.

Meh, you’re young and wrong, it’s ok we all once were too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

My hmmm was I kinda thought so too.

Yeah. Sorry. Quoted wrong post. Someone just posted UW vs WSU stats recently and PK really shut Leach down to the tune of WSU only averaging in the teens when they played against PK's defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Listen, I like your fire.  But going through the hassle of typing out 0U over and over wreaks of tu.  You’re better than that.  

You’re right, he should just type fucking land thieves instead, much better use of his time.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I saw Aggy went 8-1 and it’s signature win was a 4 loss Florida team at home in OT. A team OU used like a diaper.  The record of the 8 sec teams they beat was 30-50.  SEC west was dog shit outside of Bama last year. 

Sounds like an opportunity doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

You're damn right it won't be the same.  We go from having to be one of the smartest guys in the room, including the B12 office, to being able to count on a conference with some capacity and pull to be able to make decisions.  That said your point is two sided.  Its not just us who have to realize how things will no longer be the same.  its naïve to think that things will be same for you.  Change brings change, for everyone.  

Cool story, i guess?  That some of you feel the need to preface or express these types of sentiments on a message board, Surly no less, is humorous to me.  I suppose dealing with those rubes over in collie set that expectation.

No one is saying WE / Texas will move anything much less want to move anything.  That said the center will move, not because Texas wills it or seeks "power" or "control" but because things as we know it are changing, drastically.  Both parties have done well for themselves and yet at this juncture both parties STILL see it in their mutual interest to join forces.  This provides each side with new leverage.  Also to possibly change the rules of the game.  

There is no need to worry.  As someone else stated Texas can read a room.  Furthermore, anyone who has held it knows, power and the smartest guys in the room will gravitate to each other naturally.  Those who think the SEC of old will be the same are in for a ride, but again not because Texas will try and "flex" but because the size of change, NIL/superconference/tv contracts, is new and bigger than ever before and the resources and talents are at the disposal to the conference to navigate that shit.  Who that is and who respects who and who entrusts who with power and control is known in the room.  Its usually those fighting for it in public that don't have it.         

Jfc, i leave this place for an hour and return to a bunch of buzz kill posts.  Quick someone post the spanish guy again. 

What an opportunity Texas has before it.  I'm licking my chops at the possibilities!  Bring it.    

Deloss in an SEC room would not work. People who say Texas and the SEC won’t mix are thinking through the lense of the 2000’s. CDC has the right temperament to make it work and not rub people the wrong way or come across as arrogant. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Texas is a Shark.  OUsux is a shark.  Both have no problem joining other sharks (Bama, Gator) in the ocean.   Only the remora are scared and feeding you lies (aggy, Mizzou) as they used to be remora for Texas/OUsux.   That you fall for it, is on you. 

ichthyological smack talk...that is fanfuckingtastic. 🤘

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, troph said:
I can’t fucking wait, I’ve been vocal about the loss of rivalries … Texas may be the last to the SEC but I would give some dude’s left and right nuts to restore Texas vs Arkansas, Texas vs. A&M and keep Texas versus OU. Those are Texas most hated rivals and how I want to watch Texas football on saturdays in the fall. 

Meh, I'm a bit too young to remember the piggy thing and can live the rest of my life never going within 10 miles of collie station or having the gomers defile DRK...but Texas-blowU must stay..and must stay in the Cotton Bowl even if the thing starts crumbling and tumbling down as we're playing.

Above all else, Texas-OU in the cotton bowl in Dallas early to mid October during the Texas state fair must never ever go away. Greatest and most intense atmosphere in all of sports. Something lost you can’t just recreate. 

If it does, I will never watch college football again, except maybe going to the occasional game in Austin with my kids and hopefully eventual grandkids. There will be no point anymore besides that though because I just won’t care. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Above all else, Texas-OU in the cotton bowl in Dallas early to mid October during the Texas state fair must never ever go away. Greatest and most intense atmosphere in all of sports. Something lost you can’t just recreate. 

If it does, I will never watch college football again, except maybe going to the occasional game in Austin with my kids and hopefully eventual grandkids. There will be no point anymore besides that though because I just won’t care. 

Duh. And false dichotomies are dumb. Texas OU in the cotton bowl and Arky and A&M on the schedule can happen. I mean it kinda was the norm for a bunch of decades in a row.

12 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Correct. Once we make it official, it will be interesting to see how this effects the recruiting narrative.   Especially as we get closer to the fall when you have the verbals planting their flags.  Heck it will be interesting here in the next week how just the talk has changed things.  

The first recruit was are in any battle with aggy with that tweets the slightest insinuation that this is something to be thought about is going to send them back into a tailspin.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Deloss in an SEC room would not work. People who say Texas and the SEC won’t mix are thinking through the lense of the 2000’s. CDC has the right temperament to make it work and not rub people the wrong way or come across as arrogant. 

Holy shit CDC has been impressive over the last 12 months.  First he gave Mensa the slip while bringing in Sark, and managed to keep a lid on the whole thing until it was a done deal.  Then he gave Shaka a soft landing and poached Beard away from Tech.  Now it looks like he is engineering the security of Texas athletics future in arguably the premier college sports conference in the world.  Dude is a pro.  He plays chess and dares you to keep up.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

Skeptical on the source but I don't think this would be good for college football. I don't want an "SEC" only playoff that basically excludes the vast majority of colleges. It'd be like having the AFL and NFL. Total step backwards.

This is the "big boy" football that Looch and the rest of those idiots keep talking about.

E7BN8vMWEAsKw9C.thumb.jpeg.738d0d6e7882b1f7a33a29e76bd3266c.jpeg
Thanks for the reminder we're supposed to be scared to death of a 3-7 piggy because a couple of those losses were close...thanks to the rest of the SEC west sucking ass.

I think Texas came out with some official class ring design at some point in time.  Maybe it was 1996.
But you've always been able to buy a class ring and have it designed any way you liked.  I got mine in 1994.  My mom got hers in 1964.  My dad got his in 1963.  So as usual.... ags are full of shit.
Yeah, they tried to put some marketing behind an official class ring around then. No idea about now, but back then it certainly didn't take. Felt very aggy/high school. For those unaware, check the gigantic ring statue aggy has on campus. It's some kind of weird.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Holy shit CDC has been impressive over the last 12 months.  First he gave Mensa the slip while bringing in Sark, and managed to keep a lid on the whole thing until it was a done deal.  Then he gave Shaka a soft landing and poached Beard away from Tech.  Now it looks like he is engineering the security of Texas athletics future in arguably the premier college sports conference in the world.  Dude is a pro.  He plays chess and dares you to keep up.

That whole facilities thing.  But deloss got us the lhn. That whole breaking Stanford’s 20 year directors cup streak

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DCLonghorn said:
44 minutes ago, utee94 said:
I think Texas came out with some official class ring design at some point in time.  Maybe it was 1996.
But you've always been able to buy a class ring and have it designed any way you liked.  I got mine in 1994.  My mom got hers in 1964.  My dad got his in 1963.  So as usual.... ags are full of shit.

Yeah, they tried to put some marketing behind an official class ring around then. No idea about now, but back then it certainly didn't take. Felt very aggy/high school. For those unaware, check the gigantic ring statue aggy has on campus. It's some kind of weird.

I refuse to believe aggy has a weird statue on its campus. Totally unlike them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nah man. We've always thought the SEC is by far the best league in the country.

Um, nobody here is saying that. In fact, most are saying it doesn’t really change anything from an actual strength of scheduling standpoint. But we’ve lost to the perception that they’re the best in the country, and it’s hurting us is recruiting. However, with us and OU, it does become pretty gotdamn hard to say it isn’t NOW definitively the strongest at-the-top conference. Before it was really just Bama and fluky LSU, now there’s 3-4 legit blue bloods. Hopefully we can get our shit together and have some fun with this

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I really hope they keep Texas-OU exactly as it is.  I know Jerrah will probably lean hard on the SEC hard to move it to JerryWorld, but that would be a huge mistake.  One of the things that makes Texas-OU weekend so magical is getting to go to the state fair included with the game - eating corn dogs and junk food, enjoying the throw-up rides, hanging out on the midway...  You simply cannot recreate that experience at JerryWorld.  I remember when some legislators up in Oklahoma were pushing to change Texas-OU to a home-and-home series a long time ago, both schools shot down the idea in a hurry.  I think too many alumni from both schools would balk at the idea of ever moving it away from the Cotton Bowl stadium.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Speed? This has been going on for a while. You just weren't told about it because the SEC knew you'd try to fuck it up. 

A&M is used to taking things slow. Just like they are taking their time to win another natty so the feeling will be even better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz

Way too many 7s, 8s and 9s on the right hand side of those ledgers to be able to credibly argue that last year the conference was some gauntlet of strong evenly matched teams.    It's fine, the SEC didn't really rise up to their narrative this past year (Bama excepted), the narrative works sometimes, it really doesn't work others BUT it's always the narrative for them.   Hugs to that narrative.

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Skeptical on the source but I don't think this would be good for college football. I don't want an "SEC" only playoff that basically excludes the vast majority of colleges. It'd be like having the AFL and NFL. Total step backwards.

I fell bad about leaving Texas Tech and Okie State behind.  Maybe we could get those two schools in as part of the 20-24.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Leave the arrogance up to the assholes here.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I really hope they keep Texas-OU exactly as it is.  I know Jerrah will probably lean hard on the SEC hard to move it to JerryWorld, but that would be a huge mistake.  One of the things that makes Texas-OU weekend so magical is getting to go to the state fair included with the game - eating corn dogs and junk food, enjoying the throw-up rides, hanging out on the midway...  You simply cannot recreate that experience at JerryWorld.  I remember when some legislators up in Oklahoma were pushing to change Texas-OU to a home-and-home series a long time ago, both schools shot down the idea in a hurry.  I think too many alumni from both schools would balk at the idea of ever moving it away from the Cotton Bowl stadium.

Where Texas and OU choose to play their football games is entirely up to Texas and OU.  No conference can dictate that. 

And as you point out, both schools have also consistently shot down any INSIDE attempts to move the game.  So, no worries.  Both schools want the game right where it is.  That is where it will remain.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1