Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, iamjethro said:

Bret Bielema says hi. 

Glad to have this kind of board fun back in  my life.  It is like professional wrestling promos.  Like I said, in case some of your members are not actual UT people but folks who take everything literally and think you have to pull a knife if a person asks if their off-orange shirt was bought from a street corner hawker, Respect and dislike (and board messages) can co-exist.

Bret who?

• Like 1

Nebraska fans being pissed off still is really, really, really weird

I think you are confusing being pissed with our feeling of validation that Nebraska did the right thing in shit canning the BIG 12 when we did.  In this game of Musical Chairs, we grabbed our seat years ago.  Good luck in getting a place to sit.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 25

I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but I’m kind of shocked at how much the A&M administration has embarrassed themselves publicly the last few days. I mean Texags, sure. But leaking to the media, making insane public statements, calling regent meetings, then immediately backtracking, it’s been a shit show. They are being roundly mocked in all corners of the CFP world. They should have just made some arrogant statement that took a subtle jab at us and been done with it.

One thing is for sure. The atmosphere the first time we play them again is going to be fucking bonkers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cornfusion said:

I think you are confusing being pissed with our feeling of validation that Nebraska did the right thing in shit canning the BIG 12 when we did.  In this game of Musical Chairs, we grabbed our seat years ago.  Good luck in getting a place to sit.

I had forgotten you even still have a football program. But, good job I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cornfusion said:

Don’t know how to tell you this but we can sit anywhere we want and probably ask you to leave the table.  Congrats on being the B1Gs shiftiest academic school 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

There’s been some news this week that you might wanna check out once internet is invented in Nebraska.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Dah fuq?  Texas has never been worried. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

To be fair, almost all fans are hypocrites when a coach comes in and wins for them. Buckeye Planet had Urban Meyer ID’d as the most dishonest shit in football as a Gator coach. He came to Columbus and owned Michigan and won a National Championship. Then, when ‘what did he know about domestic abuse of a coach’s wife!’ was at issue and his cell phone turned up wiped, he was declared an innocent victim of circumstances and all negative comments an SEC ESPN plot to smear them.

All fans do it. All programs do it. UF too. “Fans” derives from a longer word for a reason.

We could have hired Art Briles but didn't because we knew what he was.   Not all of us are that way.  Tom Herman got shit on a bit because he hired a minor player that was touched with the Art Briles stink.   That was before he was turtle tom on here.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Judging Texas fans based on Randolph Duke is an interesting move considering he gets railed on constantly around here. 

She’s been posting here for 2 years and hasn’t figured this out yet.  Hmmm.  Maybe I can help...RD has an unhealthy fixation on all things Aggie.   There, all better.  

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

They honestly believe that we are 100% of the reason that their program has been mediocre now for the better part of two decades.  As though mediocre coaching hires like Bill Callahan, or Tom Osborne covering for all of Lawrence Phillips's crimes while enrolled there had nothing to do with any of it.

Well, the title game upset in '96 rattled them, and Ricky leading the 'horns to a '98 win in Lincoln really fucked them up.  They came off the ropes in '99 but after that, it was 7 straight compounding mindfucks.  Probably half of our Big XII wins over them were as much due to their increasing disbelief that the could actually beat us as it was to their faltering recruiting (of which Prop 48 was a big part).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iamjethro said:

Indeed and, embarrassingly, he owns lifetime scoreboard on you.  It was just poking Troph.

It is ok though, we have embarrassing things to live down, also.

Well yeah.  Like... the entire state of Arkansas.

On the plus side, I'm really looking forward to getting access to all those roadside jams and jellies again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Again, I will ask: how is that working out for you these days?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Bjork is definitely in the acceptance stage. I mean this is close to confirmation that it's a done deal. 

They are going to vote "yes" and then in five years the aggy fanbase will be convinced that the A&M administration always supported adding Texas/OU to the conference

• Hook 'Em 2

Funniest thing throughout all of this to me has been how aggy personified everything they hate about us and everything the SEC is against. 

For years, aggy has told us that the SEC is different. It’s a family. You’re one of 14. Everybody’s voice is equal. Unlike the SWC and Big 12, where mean old Texas unilaterally made all the decisions. 

So when it’s announced that Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC, what does aggy do? Immediately claim that it can unilaterally veto this move, even though it’s one of the newest members, and the other 13 schools don’t have an equal say. 

Way to step on your own dick, aggy.  As if the other members needed another reason to think you’re ... different.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Bjork is definitely in the acceptance stage. I mean this is close to confirmation that it's a done deal. 

Dumbass playin Uno while we play chess. He probably thought GOR would be a huge problem and it wouldn't happen until 2025

15 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Have we asked the SEC to change its name to Longhorn Eastern Conference ("LEC") yet? Since we like to assert our power wherever we go, I thought changing the name to a more suitable one that shows who everyone's daddy is should be one of the first things on the agenda.

Frankly, this is the issue that will very nearly tank the move.  We’ll demand that the name be changed to the SWC.  Ultimately, everyone agrees to “The Conference.”  Ohio State and Michigan immediately lose their shit.

• Haha 1

I'm already hearing the "You're not used to playing good teams every week."  They're also not used to playing good offenses every week.  Now, a team like Arky is going to have to play LSU and then OU the next week.  They'll just have a few days to prepare.  Good luck with that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

SEC prolly took Aggy thinking if we can make inroads into Texas with those weird fucks then Texas and OU will join eventually. Like 4D chess where they want one thing but start by acting like they want something else. Diversionary tactics. That’s all Aggie is and ever will be. Second rate shit. That’s all. Fuck em. Gig your assholes bubbas Texas is here and you’re back to fucking around with Arky for 5th best at who the fuck cares. Bhwhahahahaha. 

Heck Jackie Sherrill said 30 years ago the SEC took Arkansas to get Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Baylor tears: also underrated and unnoticed. Has anybody bothered to check on them? I grew to hate them as much as anyone else, ever. And it wasn't a grudging respect type of hate.
I swung by sicem this AM and the vast majority are aware they are fucked. Was unexpected.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

So, We're Texas, but you are just like LSU,  and Arkansas is just like Vandy right?  And Tennessee loves being compared to Kentucky right?   

Texas is a Shark.  OUsux is a shark.  Both have no problem joining other sharks (Bama, Gator) in the ocean.   Only the remora are scared and feeding you lies (aggy, Mizzou) as they used to be remora for Texas/OUsux.   That you fall for it, is on you.  

We are supposedly so arrogant it drives people crazy.  So who among us actually think we are an elite football team or have had an elite football team in the past decade?  Who thinks it will be this coming year?  Have you actually looked at the forums before or during a game?  Most predicted a loss to Georgia.   Hell, the saying "they are terrible, we should win convincingly" is sarcasm of the highest order because someone posted it seriously, only to have everyone else jump on them and repost it in jest.  But if you lack the context you wouldn't know that.   So take the word of the idiots, pathological liars, and compulsive cheaters for all I care.  It is not as if it matters.  We're Texas.   

fify

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm already hearing the "You're not used to playing good teams every week."  They're also not used to playing good offenses every week.  Now, a team like Arky is going to have to play LSU and then OU the next week.  They'll just have a few days to prepare.  Good luck with that.

Did you see the schedule they stuck us with last year?  We are used to good teams in successive weeks.

Just now, troph said:

Dis gunna be fun. 

Word.

Renewed rivalries with A&M and Arkansas, and continuing OU as a conference game, is going to be really great.  If I could go back to conference alignments from about 1983, I gladly would.  But in this modern world of college football, this is really all that I could have ever hoped for.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I’m totally not worried. Texas will generally be somewhere in the top 4-5 of the league every year and sometimes 1-2. Shit there are years Texas and OU will be 1/2 in the league, that will set their fucking hair on fire. Saban’s not a young man. Bama’s days are numbered even as great as his run has been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Tarp Update via @Longhornfrenzy

Hide contents

SEC update from aggy mod

Saturday afternoon realignment updateVIP

Back To Topics

Tarp
STAFF
Posted on 78 secs, V I P, User Since 89 months ago, User Post Count: 62559
78 secs
VIP
89 months
Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC is done barring some extremely unforeseen circumstances involving outside forces beyond anyone's control.

Texas A&M knows this.

The special session of the A&M board of regents on Monday will be informational and on discuss how to best handle everything. The perception has been that the session would might involve discussions with the SEC about the "gentlemen's agreement" regarding the addition of other in-state programs that past and present A&M officials have been referencing in interview situations, particularly as the agenda included terms "litigation" and Southeastern Conference.

However, A&M knows what's coming.

The only issues reportedly left on Texas and Oklahoma's end are the timing of the exit of the two schools from the Big 12 and how much money they'll have to shell out to get out from under the grant of rights with that league as well as any exit penalties. The Big 12 bylaws indicate that a member has to give 18 months notice to vacate the league.

If you're wondering how much did A&M know and when did they know it...this goes going back to Kirk Bohls with the Austin American Statesman's tweeting that A&M was blindsided by everything...that depends on your perspective.

The discussions that occurred involving the move of the Sooners and Horns to the SEC occurred at very high levels in the league much like those when A&M joined in 2011. It's not like these discussions would be advertised to administrators at the individual schools and especially not their athletic departments.

We've been told that individual schools began to find out in July at the latest...maybe as early as June. The SEC itself said on Friday that all schools had been kept updated but that may have been only with individual administrators...maybe as few as one with each institution.

However, A&M's athletic department was not aware of these developments until the story was leaked at the SEC Media Days right before Aggies football boss Jimbo Fisher took the podium.

If anyone found out at A&M's end, it was only at the highest levels of the administration as it would have been anywhere else.

Oklahoma was the first of the two programs to make contact...reportedly in the spring....concerning their situation because their deal for their third tier rights with Bally's expires in 2022. That's a shortfall of $20 million they're looking at. Texas followed along behind.

ESPN and Fox told the Big 12 in late May that there would be no early negotiations regarding their television deals that expire in 2025 and so that probably pushed everything to an even greater sense of urgency in the ensuing weeks.

If you need some more background, I'll refer you to last Wednesday's post in which I discussed the topic for the first time hich I led by noting that the move of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC was very real and why that was so.

At some point, I'll start going more into what this means for the SEC in terms of scheduling (taking the SEC pod challenge) and A&M as a program. That's probably sooner than later at this point

Well gee, now that Tarp has confirmed the move, I guess the only suspense in this thread is if @Mitch Cumsteen will neg posts that quote articles with the word-that-shall-not-be-named.

1 minute ago, iamjethro said:

Did you see the schedule they stuck us with last year?  We are used to good teams in successive weeks.

Texas had the toughest 4 game stretch in the history of college football a few years back in the SEC I mean Big 12. It don’t make a shit.

• Hook 'Em 4