Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

We should all take the move to the SEC as the opportunity to ask ourselves as fans: "How can we be more arrogant?"

Big Deal Diva GIF

so easy to make I couldn't not do it 

https://gfycat.com/offbeatforsakencommabutterfly

(I don't know why this won't embed. Just has our logo on his robe)

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

The only thing that will make the aggy misery of the last three days even better is coming up way short in the upcoming season.   Most have them picked losing only to Bama and they have a very favorable home schedule.  But man if the Pirate can pull off the upset a week before Bama visits Collie Station and then possibly another trap game in Oxford toward the end of the season.   LSU could be another L depending on how bad the shit show off the field effects things on the field.   

I really don’t get in the first place why they’ve been picked so high without a proven QB and an entire new OLine.   So they are ripe for a few upsets, IMO  

To go from glowing love of the sports press in and out of the state by making the cover of the football magazines, to having their plan to dominate Texas college football destroyed is glorious.    To have them end their football season  8-4  or worse and an invite to the Belk or Liberty Bowl would be icing on the shit dump cake for them. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nebraska fans being pissed off still is really, really, really weird

A lot of projection in his post, too.  "Butthurt" and "faux outrage" from Texas fans over Nebraska leaving?  Holy shit, it was butthurt and faux outrage that sent Nebraska packing. 

The reaction of most Texas fans I know was "those chest-thumping, pussy-rubbing, whiny-ass rubes are leaving?  Ha ha, gtfo you conceited, cornfed, cunts!  And take Saint Blindeye Tom and Pisspants Pelini with you!"

Edited by Redneck Mutha
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:
I wouldn’t   doubt it if the SEC throws aggy a bone and allows them to host us the first time we play them.  Fortunately some of us still will have some PPE to spare.

Or punishes their stupidity by doing the opposite. SEC brass have all the power and zero reason to bow down to anything aggy requests.

This would rock!  Lmao

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

So...Nebraska REALLY DID have Oklahoma and Texas pegged correctly in 2010, right?  Ten years of faux outrage and butthurt by both institutions duly noted. 

That is all.

Yaa... you guys really showed us. You have been doing great since the move.

• Haha 1

So now they want to work with UT?

OutdoorAg

AG

As another poster said, f- the SEC! It looks like the move is going to happen. Once it does, it's time to make this conference and it's sh*tty commissioner regret it. Lets's partner with the horns and OU and start putting the pressure on the conference to move the SEC championship game to Dallas. Let's move the league office to Houston. They wanted these two teams in, so let them see what we've been trying to tell them

giphy.gif

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

How much do I have to pay to see some Wesleyan law grads try and find any clause in their contract to stop this? And then watching them realize the “gentleman’s agreement” Loftin talks about doesn’t mean shit 

Even if they had a viable claim, and they don’t, what are their damages?  Making tens of millions more a year due to our largesse?

Contract lawsuits are for money unless you can get injunctive relief (and they can’t).  Being butt hurt because daddy is back isn’t legally compensable.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Who gives a flying fuck about "power" in the conference? I just want to beat these hoes after a 10 year break. 

I’m with you, I miss hearing the sweet sound of everyone in DKR yelling “pooooooor aggies” early in the 3rd quarter.

As for the power thing, just give us a little time to feel the place out.  We’ll be running that motherfucker in a few years.

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nebraska fans being pissed off still is really, really, really weird

They honestly believe that we are 100% of the reason that their program has been mediocre now for the better part of two decades.  As though mediocre coaching hires like Bill Callahan, or Tom Osborne covering for all of Lawrence Phillips's crimes while enrolled there had nothing to do with any of it.

Nope, it was all Texas.  Kind of funny how, in the decade since they cut Texas out of their lives, they still suck.  On the other hand, we barely even think about them anymore unless they pop up around here and show their asses.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Even if they had a viable claim, and they don’t, what are their damages?  Making tens of millions more a year due to our largesse?
Contract lawsuits are for money unless you can get injunctive relief (and they can’t).  Being butt hurt because daddy is back isn’t legally compensable.  

Counterpoint: aggy law school. They can create remedies nobody even imagined before now.
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

This is from the Tarp post on aggy 247.

(Ironically, I bet this attitude is exactly why Jimbo loves the aggies.)

image.thumb.png.667e2389a80897e4f9e80849157e09a0.png

That dude is not wrong. Can you imagine how absolutely fucked they would be if Jimbo went to LSU. No rational person would want that job AND Jimbo would negative recruit the fuck out of aggy at LSU. The contract they gave him previously set them up for this exact scenario to happen. They have to change that shit immediately IMO, even if he’s an overrated piece of shit cuck

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, iamjethro said:

OK, first, just wanted to make sure I remembered my login info.  Been here since the beginning of this forum and got in at ShaggyBevo, before all the changes that started with name of the board and then...well, you know.  Almost never post.  This place can be as entertaining as a rollercoaster ride at times.

2nd, I remember the old SWC days.  My first game to attend was the 1970 Wichita State game as a kindergartner.  My dad was a high school coach and I went with his team.     I was at the game where you beat us 13-9 in Fayetteville.  I remember when Arkansas left the SWC.  I remember how Frank and Darrell had the idea of traveling to SEC together, which got squirrelled.  I have the honor of being taught to hate Longhorns in all manner and situations.

AND I look forward to renewing the games and all the stuff that goes with it as you join the SEC (finally).  You do not have programs that need you to be there to keep money coming in for broadcast rights.  You don't have to fight for a professionally, if frustratingly at times, run conference.  You may find that without all that off the field crap, you can concentrate solely on being the best program you can be.  Welcome and get bent.

I can’t fucking wait, I’ve been vocal about the loss of rivalries … Texas may be the last to the SEC but I would give some dude’s left and right nuts to restore Texas vs Arkansas, Texas vs. A&M and keep Texas versus OU. Those are Texas most hated rivals and how I want to watch Texas football on saturdays in the fall. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

A lot of projection in his post, too.  "Butthurt" and "faux outrage" from Texas fans over Nebraska leaving?  Holy shit, it was butthurt and faux outrage that sent Nebraska packing. 

The reaction of most Texas fans I know was "those chest-thumping, pussy-rubbing, whiny-ass rubes are leaving?  Ha ha, gtfo you conceited, cornfed, cunts!  And take Saint Blindeye Tom and Pisspants Pelini with you!"

not gonna lie, I miss the automatic win of Nebraska

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I can’t fucking wait, I’ve been vocal about the loss of rivalries … Texas may be the last to the SEC but I would give some dude’s left and right nuts to restore Texas vs Arkansas, Texas vs. A&M and keep Texas versus OU. Those are Texas most hated rivals and how I want to watch Texas football on saturdays in the fall. 

Never seen Arkansas at DKR….. can’t wait to check this matchup off my list.  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, iamjethro said:

Indeed, it has. The news about y'all coming,  and the melt on SECRant by Aggies has been something.

I like the Aggie responses on SECRant, which I've rarely visited before, that pretty much go:

I'm not melting. You're the one who is melting. You seem very upset. Obsession noted.

Butt wads.

1 minute ago, troph said:

SEC prolly took Aggy thinking if we can make inroads into Texas with those weird fucks then Texas and OU will join eventually. Like 4D chess where they want one thing but start by acting like they want something else. Diversionary tactics. That’s all Aggie is and ever will be. Second rate shit. That’s all. Fuck em. Gig your assholes bubbas Texas is here and you’re back to fucking around with Arky for 5th best at who the fuck cares. Bhwhahahahaha. 

This right here. This is the good shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

My family is up there except my mom. Arky hate is a beautiful thing. It really though had some magical moments. Tony Jones and Eric Metcalf miracle at Arky might be my favorite moment Texas football moment of all time outside of the USC and Michigan games. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

And they're the only ones who give a shit about it. It's like The Texas A&M Aggies demanding to be called our biggest rival before they fled. They obsessed about it and could be driven to hilarious hysteria by saying OU was the bigger rival.

Who cares? Just play.

They are about to revert to their rightful slot at #3.

You young 'uns just wait until this Arky thing gets going year after year. It's more of a pure hate than a "goddamn it my little brother is such a fucking pain in the ass" annoyance. Seriously, the hate level is right at or exceeding Gooner levels on their end and it will approach it on our end too after our first home and home. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I did once.  Unfortunately we couldn’t stop they QB from hitting a bomb out their own endzone.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They are about to revert to their rightful slot at #3.

You young 'uns just wait until this Arky thing gets going year after year. It's more of a pure hate than a "goddamn it my little brother is such a fucking pain in the ass" annoyance. Seriously, the hate level is right at or exceeding Gooner levels on their end and it will approach it on our end too after our first home and home. 

Bring it hogs, we hate you too! 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

So...Nebraska REALLY DID have Oklahoma and Texas pegged correctly in 2010, right?  Ten years of faux outrage and butthurt by both institutions duly noted. 

That is all.

Let's be real.  It was OUsux and Texas teabagged Nebraska and you loved it.  It was only when Texas Tech pegged you that you ran away only to get tossed around in a new conference like a drunk sorority girl at a Baylor football camp.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So, We're Texas, but you are just like LSU,  and Arkansas is just like Vandy right?  And Tennessee loves being compared to Kentucky right?   

Texas is a Shark.  OUsux is a shark.  Both have no problem joining other sharks (Bama, Gator) in the ocean.   Only the remora are scared and feeding you lies (aggy, Mizzou) as they used to be remora for Texas/OUsux.   That you fall for it, is on you.  

This.  And quite honestly, this is the biggest problem I have had with the Big XII for the last 10 years.  The Big XII has basically been propped up by Texas and OU, and to a somewhat lesser extent, OSU, over the last 10 years.  All the while, the remora in the conference have been whining and complaining about how Texas runs everything, while at the same time still gladly accepting all the money we have brought into the conference.  Well kids, we're selling the house and moving.  Time to put on your big boy pants and go get an apartment.

Do I believe that we will run things in the SEC?  Absolutely not.  I see Texas as a peer among rough equals with the likes of OU, Bama, LSU, and Florida.  We know damn well the SEC will get along just peachy without us.  But frankly, we're all a bit tired of being the ATM for the rest of the Big XII, while they mostly shit all over us at the same time.  At least with the SEC, we will be respected for our size, history, and additional resources that we bring to the party.  We may be disliked by some.  That's fine, we're used to it.  We will win some, and we will lose some.  But it will be fun.  Let's ride.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

im so over this. the other 8 teams bring absolutely nothing to the conference.  every dollar that is earned by the big 12 is earned by us and ousux.  this conference is nothing but a welfare conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1