Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's not just aggy... 

20210724_030025.thumb.jpg.be0c04caebd045db318f720e0d0cf25b.jpg

Man... the Texas hate really does run deep - and not just among our rivals. It's funny getting all of this out in the open. Fuck the B12.

20210724_030800.thumb.jpg.f410034d4aeaa98ce8b06bbc4a0cd2f6.jpg

20210724_030746.thumb.jpg.035386b352f8686dfcd9b8c51c08ed34.jpg

This is all from the college basketball subreddit, btw. I don't really care what anyone there thinks but it's funny to see a thread about Kansas reaching out to the B10 devolve into random fanbases hating on Texas (the Creighton fan talking shit about Texas football is particularly hilarious... historically they don't even have a decent basketball program)

can someone, anyone, tell me what the "demands" are that we have been making for the last 40 years?

what, exactly, have we done?  what, exactly, did we do, to piss off everyone?

i'm so glad we no longer give any fucks and we're going to do what we want and fuck everyone else, because it doesn't matter what we say or what we do

so it's time, i summon all of our enemies, let the hate flow

tell us, exactly, what did we do?  what did we say?  when did we do it?  when did we say it?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

can someone, anyone, tell me what the "demands" are that we have been making for the last 40 years?

what, exactly, have we done?  what, exactly, did we do, to piss off everyone?

i'm so glad we no longer give any fucks and we're going to do what we want and fuck everyone else, because it doesn't matter what we say or what we do

so it's time, i summon all of our enemies, let the hate flow

tell us, exactly, what did we do?  what did we say?  when did we do it?  when did we say it?

The only thing we've ever done was push to disallow Prop 48/Partial Qualifiers from competing in the Big 12. Nebraska built their program with these guys and were the only dissenting vote. Fucked them over good.

But, so what?

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

Uh oh, visiting fans better know where they're going before heading to Kyle Field starting this fall. Sounds like aggy is no longer going to be offering to give directions to out-of-towners.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.47.30 AM.png

Wouldn't surprise me if aggy doesn't out the SEC bagman methodology by proclaiming bringing UT into the SEC is akin to inviting a narc to drug deal.   They will cite the breakup of the SWC, SMU and FedEx days for them as evidence.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

aggy won’t leave but I do expect them to continue looking like dumb asses and try to with all their aggy power to sue or convince the sec not to have Texas and ou. Which I really want them to do so this gets even better than it already is.

How would they meet the obligations on the Pyle field debt?  Oh yeah, just borrow from academics and add it to AD's already staggering bill there.  

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

I just have a hard time believing anyone at aggy knew about this, there's just no way this wouldn't have gotten out, maybe they were told they'd be kicked out of the SEC if it did.  Even with that I still have a hard time believing it.

They did know. It did get out, and they are the ones that leaked it. 

2 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Now let's show the part where they put the press conference too close to the demolition and swamped everyone with construction particulate...

i mean for a school that offers a degree in construction management...

obamawhat.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CPTX_Gator said:

Welcome to the SEC!  I’m a gator living in the ATX area and am excited to seeing UT and OU join.  Not only is this great for football but baseball, basketball as well as other sports.  It will be great to see some Gator games in Austin on occasion.

Also, I don’t quite understand the angst of the Aggie’s.  You’d think they’d be happy to have the rivalry be renewed.  Are they just afraid?  As Ric Flair said “If you want to be the man, you got to beat the man!”  For me personally I wouldn’t mind FSU or Miami in the SEC.  Anyways, hope this gets finalized and official soon.

aggy recruiting going from we SEC to we got nothing, that's the angst

49 minutes ago, Muy Frio said:

I don’t remember specifics but I have friends that are big Mizzou fans. This shit goes back to DeLoss and Mack. Somehow they really disrespected them. 

Counterpoint: What have they ever done to deserve respect? It's a middling athletic department whose only two real claims to fame are two of the most ridiculous endings in college football history. Both Mizzou losses, by the way. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"Aggy led the way to the SEC, the strongest conference!".

Um I wonder if they are aware that we could have joined that conference at the time of our choosing any time over the past oh 50 years or so. 

We good of joined the SEC any day, but we stayed in the BIG XII out of kindness I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Very aggy to take pride in leading, but demand no one follow. Maybe check definition of leadership.
Very aggy to say you led something when you were the second to last to join something formed in 1930. Not even the first from your conference to join the SEC.
Very aggy to define themselves with us, even after a ten year head start on building some self confidence.

Any precedent for such an active and public campaign to deny someone entry into a conference?

He actually went to Texas….  Idk what his deal is.  

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

posting forward for the day shift and anyone from any other b12 school that wonders why we we no longer give any fucks about what anyone says about us

The fact certified haters of everything UT and Longhorn  even saw what was going on in that game was very telling.

F- Okie State and the Big12 forever for that corrupt BS. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

If I could handcraft a pod to be in would be OU, Arkansas and Ole Miss as our pod mates....never gonna happen that way of course but two old rivals and the hot ass in the Grove every other year.  

Personally, I would like 3 divisions of 5 teams after aggy hoses themselves out of the conference 😁

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Actually A&M is totally embracing this move, the Monday meeting must just be to talk about how excited they are to show those sips what SEC footbawl is all about. 

SEC told them to back that ass up. Now comes the Aggy cooing and the sucking of all the SEC cocks

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Actually A&M is totally embracing this move, the Monday meeting must just be to talk about how excited they are to show those sips what SEC footbawl is all about. 

It's been fun.  They're hungover and have to start cleaning their mess up.

Edited by PhillyD
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do these fucking idiots not realize that this will all be over waaaaay before they could even get this bog roll to the house floor?

If a quorum is called I will boondoggle it by reading from one of my posts in the Tell Me About Texas a&m thread. - @Randolph Duke, probably

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's 07 pom (they started in 03 & 04)....  our admission standards started strangling the talent supply chain in 05....

however, anything we bring is an upgrade over the milkmen

those girls (now WIMMENS) are now in the their mid-30s.  fucking unreal.

hollywood squares: pick out the 2 in that pic that go both ways and the 1 that is 100% on the other team

Brunette on the right grew up next door to us. I have a pic somewhere.

1 hour ago, TexasGolf said:

Who is this douce   Is this part of the bargaining phase ?

42E0E747-39CF-41C3-A296-A336CB87DC78.png

So he actually went to Texas and UTMB Galveston but in 2018 he was on campus got a grad students number and sent sexually harassing texts to her and got investigated by the university and banned from the 40 acres.  So then he went full aggie I guess, link to article. https://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/investigating-sen-charles-schwertner-after-sexual-misconduct-claim/asnidSImg1fcb2FNBZ8iCO/

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Finebaum put him in his place yesterday.  He had no choice but to bend and take it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah after three days of crying, pleading, trying to garner support in the SEC and in the Texas legislature, none of which materialized, and the entire nation laughed at Aggy for their little tantrum of scared pussydom, Aggy is totally embracing this more than you think 

• Hook 'Em 6

Time will tell. 
And I never insinuated conference affiliation was the predominate driver of academic cooperation.
But it is a fact the “Old South” schools have long had an insular culture regarding both academics and athletics for reasons that predate the Civil War. The culture of the Old South schools differs from schools such as Univ of No. Carolina and UVa.
UT is culturally distinct from the Old South schools. I would not be surprised if the collective UT faculty doesn’t embrace the insular culture of the S!E!C! schools. 
We’re not family. We never will be. They are who they are and we’re Texas. 

I have posted here for a few years and generally like most of y’all.

But the attitude displayed in this post is exactly why some of us have the impression of UT fans that we do.

“We’re Texas”. Whatever. You’re one of 16 now.

Give it 5 years, once the novelty has worn off, and y’all will bitching about “THE SEC OFFICE IS IN BIRMINGHAM, PAULLLLLLL” and posting conspiracy theories about the Red Elephant Club.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 15