Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

7 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

How many times do I have to explain it that the Texas Legislature **cannot do anything** to stop Texas leaving the Big12?

I get that you can't read this whole thread, but the TxLege will not stop this, no matter what you think you heard. Bob Bulloch and Ann Richards are dead, and the relevant power brokers (Gov. Abbott, House Speaker Phelan) have been replaced with Texas alums.

Greg Abbott will never put the on the agenda for the special session. The issue is dead until at least 2023.

The idiot has no clue how Texas state government operates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

E7B0UbLXsAsah7Q?format=jpg&name=large

Imagine being this way. 

They take “insane and delusional” to 11.

I particularly like “that dump of a city where tu is.” You mean…that city that is one of the fastest growing in the country? That’s regularly among the top livable cities, best places to work, visited tourist destination, etc?

I mean, look, I live here, and there’s plenty that frustrates me about this town….but “dump” ain’t its problem.

Goddamn. They’re just so fucking stupid.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Almost as stupid was calling the Simms pass vs Colorado in the conference championship game when Ced was gashing them for like 7 ypc. They get the pick and Ced runs into Leonard Davis trying to reverse field and tackle the ball carrier and puts them both out of the game. 

Mike Williams.

EDIT:  what @lemonandaturd said

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah we need to stay with OU no matter what. Kind of terrible to admit that.

I don't see it as a necessity but there is a certain power in numbers.

"Oh, it's not just Michigan but Ohio State, too?  Well, let us get back to you.                   OK, deal."

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

They likely would have won it because they would have rolled the BDF and gotten to sabotage Saban in the championship game instead of Tuscaloosa

except Bama wouldn't have played at LSU the week before and been sleepwalking the first quarter which is what cost them the game.

26 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

How many times do I have to explain it that the Texas Legislature **cannot do anything** to stop Texas leaving the Big12?

I get that you can't read this whole thread, but the TxLege will not stop this, no matter what you think you heard. Bob Bulloch and Ann Richards are dead, and the relevant power brokers (Gov. Abbott, House Speaker Phelan) have been replaced with Texas alums.

I posted this because back in 2012 this dude pretended to be an insider and duped WVU fans. Shaggybevo days

Edited by nd2003

4 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Much better than if we had stayed.  But we both knew that before you even asked, didn't we?😉

So being kind of relevant and losing out to TX is better than being completely forgotten and irrelevant?  Cool that we have that power.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I grew up in East Texas, all the SEC fans that I know are the ones from rich families that didn’t have the grades to go to Texas so they went to Miss, Arkansas, or Bama. 

Good guys, but bro-y as hell and came back with Deep South accents they didn’t have when they left. Texas girls that left for an SEC school were invariably very hot. 

Just like the California girls that go to asu.  All hot 

3 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Much better than if we had stayed.  But we both knew that before you even asked, didn't we?😉

Why hasn’t this guy been crowd sourced yet?   

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Exactly.

I don't care enough about the SEC to want to "control" it. I want us to get fucking paid and I don't care too much about any of the other teams. As long as our checks are fat I don't care if they love us or hate us

Username checks. 

39 minutes ago, JJxvi said:

How exactly are they going to make Texas and OU stay in the future even if they did accept this 1.5 share deal now?

This had better be click bait. If not, and we intentionally stay in an OU-less big12, we have the dumbest administrators and benefactors in sports.

4 hours ago, troph said:

SEC prolly took Aggy thinking if we can make inroads into Texas with those weird fucks then Texas and OU will join eventually. Like 4D chess where they want one thing but start by acting like they want something else. Diversionary tactics. That’s all Aggie is and ever will be. Second rate shit. That’s all. Fuck em. Gig your assholes bubbas Texas is here and you’re back to fucking around with Arky for 5th best at who the fuck cares. Bhwhahahahaha. 

Yup - aggy was simply bait and the SEC just landed the whale it has been chasing since 1990.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I've got no problem with it. They're our big rival

We don't "need" them to survive or even thrive, but that's a game I demand every year

The big12 absolutely need them in this conference to stay relevant, and they’re leaving.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They take “insane and delusional” to 11.

I particularly like “that dump of a city where tu is.” You mean…that city that is one of the fastest growing in the country? That’s regularly among the top livable cities, best places to work, visited tourist destination, etc?

I mean, look, I live here, and there’s plenty that frustrates me about this town….but “dump” ain’t its problem.

Goddamn. They’re just so fucking stupid.

Ah, don’t you mean - they take it to 12 - ?

12th Man and all that shit

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nebraska fan hiding behind kansas state’s skirt?  Have some self respect, man. 

Says the guys who hope to ride Oklahoma's coattails into the SEC.  Do you think if it were an Oklahoma / Oklahoma State offer it would be a deal breaker to the SEC?...

...me neither.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 58

4 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

I think you are confusing being pissed with our feeling of validation that Nebraska did the right thing in shit canning the BIG 12 when we did.  In this game of Musical Chairs, we grabbed our seat years ago.  Good luck in getting a place to sit.

User name checks out

53 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

Mhv3 is Back- Just need the Dude of WVU to chime in.

MH3@MH3
·
2h
Don’t sleep on the effort by TX legislature to block the move to SEC. word from the other Texas schools is that it’s a race to see who can get ink on paper first. Legislation could really become a thorn for the Longhorns. Hearing OU is going with or without TX.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
WVU is not one of the schools pushing for unequal revenue shares to keep TX and OU. That is coming from TT, KSU, TCU, and Baylor.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
Texas is apparently agreeing to stay if they can receive the 1.5 revenue share (appx $56 million per year). Vote would have to be unanimous. OU I’m not sure about. TX afraid their move to SEC may get politically blocked. Also don’t want to have to forfeit LHN

MHr3@MH3
·
43m
Fox network getting involved now. Possibly opening up the pocketbook. I don’t know for sure-only that there have been a lot of talks to today with television execs between many of the presidents.

The next time this guy is right about literally anything regarding realignment will be the first

• Like 1

I threw this little chart together for you, I'm sorry it's not particularly sexy.  Blue = Big 12, Red = Big 10.

You were saying?

What can I say?  The Big Ten is a tougher football conference than the Big XII.  I mean, look at Maryland. Nebraska has a tough time beating even them.  You guys know Maryland, right?...

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 38
  • Rage+1 1

This thread is starting to lose steam

Well, it seems that aggy is about done with their hysterical temper tantrum, and is now just back to being resigned to being the bottom bitch they always have been, so….back to the Steel Shank thread! I think I have some saltines and Crystal hot sauce around here…
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

What can I say?  The Big Ten is a tougher football conference than the Big XII.  I mean, look at Maryland. Nebraska has a tough time beating even them.  You guys know Maryland, right?...

Yeah, we should have scheduled a bigger patsy... you.

• Hook 'Em 8