Dear Texas, we need to have a conversation about Louie Gohmert

Hugo Stiglitz

20 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Nothing to add except Fuck Louie Gohmert

But kind of fuck that lady from the forest service for not calling him out for asking such a stupid question. “I’ll have to follow up with you on that?” No! You say, ‘You can’t possibly be serious! What kind of question is that?’

Also, “The BLM?” What the actual fuck? They really are the party of stupid.

Oh, and another thing, there hasn’t been any increase in solar output like the anthropogenic global warming deniers like to blame for global warming. Claiming there’s been an increase in solar flares was more bullshit. Solar flares happen. They have nothing to do with climate change.

God, the man is a fucking moron. And he’s hardly alone in the GOP. It’s truly astounding. 

Guest Lobo

What was he referring to with BLM in that call ?  Not Black Lives Matter?

big lunar movement ?

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Kilgorehorn said:

It doesn't change the fact that he is a dumbass. Unfortunately he is my dumbass rep and I vote for whoever runs against him.

Man, I don't envy you.  I have Roger Williams, so not as bad, but still frustrating as hell.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Living in Colorado, that one confuses me when people reference BLM owned lands and I'm like, wait what? 

Yeah, and I’ve been having some issues with my mom who, when I called out the terrorist attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, complained about vandalism during protests over the murder of George Floyd. Not bothered by the assault on the Capitol. Not bothered by the murder of George Floyd. I realize she’s just parroting what she saw on Fox News and, worse yet, what she heard from Donald Trump.

But she’s afraid of black people. Always has been. She’s openly admitted that she thinks black people are more likely to be criminals than white people. Just look at what they write in her small town newspaper. She insists she’s not a racist because her church has Latino members now and they hold some services in Spanish.

I know I’ll never reach her but I’ve been wrestling with ways to try. She probably never met a black person in real life until she was in her 30’s. Maybe 40’s. She’s voted Republican her entire life starting with Eisenhower and I don’t think she’s ever put more thought into it than, ‘Republican good, Democrat bad.’ Blind faith, just like in her religion. I know Black Lives Matter is a popular Republican bogeyman so when I see BLM I just naturally assume that’s what they’re talking about.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But kind of fuck that lady from the forest service for not calling him out for asking such a stupid question. “I’ll have to follow up with you on that?” No! You say, ‘You can’t possibly be serious! What kind of question is that?

Nah, should have humored him.

"Possibly, if we grew enough trees on our side of the planet we could suck up a bunch of carbon from the atmosphere and throw off the balance of the earth. That could cause it to wobble enough to pull the moon into a new orbit. Of course, they would have to be really long and fat trees, but in understand long and fat is your preference."

I typed that in P T Barnum's voice from Deadwood, so do yourself a favor and read it appropriately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But kind of fuck that lady from the forest service for not calling him out for asking such a stupid question. “I’ll have to follow up with you on that?” No! You say, ‘You can’t possibly be serious! What kind of question is that?’

Unfortunately, people in her position can't go around embarrassing members of Congress, no matter how much they deserve it.

Her thinking was probably "HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS DID HE JUST ASK THE DUMBEST FUCKING QUESTION I'VE EVER HEARD" followed by "Okay, he really is that stupid, he's not joking, rather than embarrassing him I'm just going to give the tried-and-trued response of getting back to him, and as soon as we are done, maybe one of his staffers will fill him in on HOW FUCKING STUPID HE IS".

If I were single, I'd take her out on a date.  If she can hold it together in the face of such stupidity, she could probably hold it together if things progress to where we get nekkid and she saw me in all my glory.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Unfortunately, people in her position can't go around embarrassing members of Congress, no matter how much they deserve it.

Her thinking was probably "HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS DID HE JUST ASK THE DUMBEST FUCKING QUESTION I'VE EVER HEARD" followed by "Okay, he really is that stupid, he's not joking, rather than embarrassing him I'm just going to give the tried-and-trued response of getting back to him, and as soon as we are done, maybe one of his staffers will fill him in on HOW FUCKING STUPID HE IS".

If I were single, I'd take her out on a date.  If she can hold it together in the face of such stupidity, she could probably hold it together if things progress to where we get nekkid and she saw me in all my glory.

Yeah, I get it. It’s just so goddamned frustrating. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I get it. It’s just so goddamned frustrating. 

It's such a huge problem now, with people unwilling to call out politicians to their faces when they are absolutely fucking stupid, whether it's the talking heads on CNN or Fox News when interviewing politicians (albeit a few CNN personalities aren't afraid), or press conferences when said politicians, or whatever.

Too many people in a position of correcting really stupid shit are too polite to do so, and unfortunately the politicians take advantage of them and use it to push really fucking stupid things.

• Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Some of you people need to spend some more time out west where there’s BLM managed land all over to camp on. 

I don't know about that, dude.  Kinda disrespectful to camp in the middle of a protest.  I mean sure, fuck 12 and all that, but I'm usually looking for something a little more quiet when I camp.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All I have to add is that I would love to read HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS DID HE JUST ASK THE DUMBEST FUCKING QUESTION I'VE EVER HEARD in the Congressional Record and would actually pay for the privilege if it was directed at one of the GQP stupid question cabal.

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I ask myself how he can keep getting re-elected and the only explanation is that his constituents are stupider than he is.

"Yeah .. why don't we git a big 'ol rocket and fly her up thair and knock the moon closer to the earth so we get more shade from the sun? Sounds lack a good idee to me."

In the land of 1 brain cell, the man with 2 brain cells is king.

17 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I ask myself how he can keep getting re-elected and the only explanation is that his constituents are stupider than he is.

"Yeah .. why don't we git a big 'ol rocket and fly her up thair and knock the moon closer to the earth so we get more shade from the sun? Sounds lack a good idee to me."

My take on this is that he’s channeling Ted Cruz and doing a bit….Typical GOP “the climate is complex and beyond our control so let me ask absurd questions about lunar orbits to the forest service to illustrate how dumb it is to believe we can take actions to change climate.” I think the FS deputy got that as well.

But it falls flat and doesn’t work because to do a bit like that, the audience has to start with the belief that you are someone capable of getting his pants on in one try each morning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Some of you people need to spend some more time out west where there’s BLM managed land all over to camp on. 

What about all of the campgrounds in Austin?

481c97426f987943cb700bc3db40caed.jpg

I finally figured out who Louie really is. He is just setting us up with the whole “move the Earth’s orbit idea” because he is about to do it as part of his Evil Plan to blackmail the world for trillions of dollars. Maybe we all need to wake up so we can see what a genius he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I've heard through the grapevine that some former (old) (white) students have been upset with the diversity initiatives at Louie's alma mater. I should think Louie is a pretty good example that heterogeneity is under-rated.

You don't have to hear it through the grapevine, just hop over to texaggy and read any of the numerous threads like this one, where they discuss white supremacy and blacks being genetically inferior:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3203608

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You don't have to hear it through the grapevine, just hop over to texaggy and read any of the numerous threads like this one, where they discuss white supremacy and blacks being genetically inferior:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3203608

Yeah, I've seen stuff like that on there in the past. It's the pseudointellectual supremacy because the remedial supremacy was occasionally getting moderated. I'm a little surprised that their site owner doesn't just tank the politics forum but it probably drives a lot of money and clicks for them.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

OMG, "lunacy" - that's very good. I doubt if anyone who voted for this idiot gets the joke. In fact, they probably don't know what the word etymology means nor have any interest in understanding the origin of words.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Once again a graduate from Texas A&M shows off the really fine education that he received at that bastion of rigorous academic pursuit on the Brazos. 

Gohmers (new spelling?)

Ok.  I'm going to . . . and oh, God, I don't believe I have a sufficiently developed sense of fairness to make me do this, but here goes . . . defend Louie Gohmert on this.

It seems plain to me that this is just a really poorly executed cross-examination.

Look--he's a climate denier.  He's trying to lay a predicate that there are a lot of natural and extraterrestrial things that affect our climate, including, but not limited to, solar flares and Earth's orbit around the Sun.  And we as humans can't do anything to affect those things.  So it's kind of a waste of time to even be discussing mitigating measures for climate change.  And, for that matter, it reveals the fallacy of anthropogenic climate change to begin with, because if we can't mitigate it, then how could we have caused it?

The problem is multifold.  He doesn't get the witness to buy into the predicate (almost certainly because she wouldn't).  He doesn't ever reach the punchline.  And he doesn't really get a succinct admission from the witness.  It's just a damned mess.

But I'm sure he thought he scored a good cross-examination point.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, I've seen stuff like that on there in the past. It's the pseudointellectual supremacy because the remedial supremacy was occasionally getting moderated. I'm a little surprised that their site owner doesn't just tank the politics forum but it probably drives a lot of money and clicks for them.

It's amazing what Luigi and the others allow on TexAgs, given that they are closely tied to aggy athletics.  Whether it's threads like that, or the nearly-thousand page qanon thread.

It amazes me that Luici and the others never stop to think "what if a bunch of aggy recruits saw these threads or somebody got these threads going viral on twitter?"

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's amazing what Luigi and the others allow on TexAgs, given that they are closely tied to aggy athletics.  Whether it's threads like that, or the nearly-thousand page qanon thread.

It amazes me that Luici and the others never stop to think "what if a bunch of aggy recruits saw these threads or somebody got these threads going viral on twitter?"

Oh and regarding that thread I linked, I'm pretty sure "UTexan" is mini-baller/spit-that-blood.