Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

I like this move. Guy who has pitched in big games and has proven he can throw strikes consistently. Just has to keep the sinker down.

It’s a complete crapshoot if you toss someone like Sthele or Southard out there to start. They could melt under the pressure or throw 12 straight balls to start the game.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m not sure I understand what having to “answer for it” entails. Is he going to get a write up in his performance review? Is he going to be knocked down a tier in his medical insurance coverage? To me the person is either the head coach or he’s fired. 

This year has felt like an underperforming season without a doubt. I don’t really get what happened to this pitching staff other than they seemed to fall apart as a collective. Nonetheless, for a coach to go there’s going to need to be some kind of implosion. Whatever this season is, it’s not that. So whatever our feelings on David Pierce are - and I’d say they’re mixed at best - he is the guy until the season ends up with worse results than what we’re going to see this year. 

Hell, maybe they go on and win the whole thing. That’s certainly not my expectation with this pitching staff, but it’s still technically a possibility. 

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PLAN!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I’m not sure I understand what having to “answer for it” entails. Is he going to get a write up in his performance review? Is he going to be knocked down a tier in his medical insurance coverage? To me the person is either the head coach or he’s fired. 

This year has felt like an underperforming season without a doubt. I don’t really get what happened to this pitching staff other than they seemed to fall apart as a collective. Nonetheless, for a coach to go there’s going to need to be some kind of implosion. Whatever this season is, it’s not that. So whatever our feelings on David Pierce are - and I’d say they’re mixed at best - he is the guy until the season ends up with worse results than what we’re going to see this year. 

Hell, maybe they go on and win the whole thing. That’s certainly not my expectation with this pitching staff, but it’s still technically a possibility. 

I will not be happy until we dogpile or I hear DP say that Mr. 40acredropout from surly is a baseball genius and was right.  I’m a dipshit and will stop coaching 3B for whatever inexplicable reason that I do.

Enough of that though-  let’s fucking ride today.

If Stevens get the nod, he's gonna need scoring support from offense to be effective....duh! So whomever is on the mound, aggressive plate performance is a must! No frigin' spectators at the plate! Not to mention errorless defense through 9 innings. I guess that means playing Texas baseball or it should! Hook'em!!

aggressive plate performance is a must! No frigin' spectators at the plate!

We’re almost always aggressive when we swing. We need to be selective. They have pitching depth issues too. I’ve yet to see an ECU pitcher that can blow it by us. Discipline is the key. Make them work and throw our pitch. Also, discipline in going the other way like yesterday in the 7th-9th.

We should feel good about hitting today. Let’s make it our best, most consistent day of the season.

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Won’t be able to watch. Any link where I can listen to Craig? Appreciate in advance.

texassports.com

select Baseball, select schedule, go all the way to the bottom and find the ECU game, select listen, profit

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Did the announcer really think that? Or Surly hyperbole?

He went out of his way to explain why ECU didn’t just have a walk off home run in the top of the ninth, even though they’re playing a home.

Since Texas was designated the home team, the Longhorns actually batted in the bottom of the inning. Surly posters, in the politest way possible, pointed out that it also wasn’t a walk off home run because it led to a tie score, not a lead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I thought we might do this. 

On the Daly move - I'm fairly past him playing for any reason sans injury the rest of the way. That said - I did think part of the reasoning was a confidence move for Duplantier (if not the team in general). We won the game and he got away with a shitty bunt but he got away with it. No damage done. 

Starting him two days ago was the more annoying decision for me. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought we might do this. 

On the Daly move - I'm fairly past him playing for any reason sans injury the rest of the way. That said - I did think part of the reasoning was a confidence move for Duplantier (if not the team in general). We won the game and he got away with a shitty bunt but he got away with it. No damage done. 

Starting him two days ago was the more annoying decision for me. 

Re: Daly stating two days ago; They don’t seem to like to play Kennedy against lefties. Not sure what his splits are but I’m gonna assume there is a reason behind it.

Edited by Hookem2147