Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Crazy. I actually have two AR15 rifles and an AR10. The AR10 is a long range rifle. All 3 guns have never, ever, jumped out of my gun safe and killed people.

Also, my grandfather was killed before I knew him. Killed by a drunk driver in 1970. I never got to fish with him, or go to a Texas game with him ( he was there which is why I am a diehard). I don’t want cars outlawed. It’s not the cars fault.

Holy fuck. 

• Like 3

Just now, markstanco said:

Crazy. I actually have two AR15 rifles and an AR10. The AR10 is a long range rifle. All 3 guns have never, ever, jumped out of my gun safe and killed people.

Also, my grandfather was killed before I knew him. Killed by a drunk driver in 1970. I never got to fish with him, or go to a Texas game with him ( he was there which is why I am a diehard). I don’t want cars outlawed. It’s not the cars fault.

Thanks for weighing in. Your complicity is duly noted. To carry water for those who are pro-dead children is . . . well it's something.

Thanks for weighing in. Your complicity is duly noted. To carry water for those who are pro-dead children is . . . well it's something.

This is interesting. Pro dead children? Who said that? I venture in cloak every now and again and typically roll my eyes but where in the fuck did I say I was pro dead children? Jesus man spin less.
  • Fuck You 15

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

grenades don't kill people, people kill people! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

grenades don't kill people, people kill people! 

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I’m sure the parents of the 19 kids killed two days ago feel much better. Go fuck yourself. You are what is wrong with this conversation. You care more about your infatuation with guns than you do about the safety of kids in literally what should be the safest place for them. Hell school is often safer than home for some kids. But fuck them as long as you can load up on AR15s. Right. Piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

This is interesting. Pro dead children? Who said that? I venture in cloak every now and again and typically roll my eyes but where in the fuck did I say I was pro dead children? Jesus man spin less.

What you are saying - your ownership and enjoyment of those guns is more significant than stopping school children from getting killed.

In countries which banned these weapons after mass shootings, it’s shocking that the ban significantly reduces mass shootings.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Hahaha. What the fuck does this post even mean?

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If I was to go, I would get a nice fountain, a generator to run to pump. I’d fill it with blood (cows blood, but if you just dye water red, fine), and keep a running fountain of blood going across from the convention round the clock. Call it an NRA wishing well.

And from the science nerd point of view: Blood is probably not a very practical fluid for this, but if you mix a solution of potassium thiocyanate and some ferric iron solution, you get a dark red color that looks very much like blood, and would probably work just fine in a fountain. None of those chemicals are particularly toxic. I think this same formula is used in special effects sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

And from the science nerd point of view: Blood is probably not a very practical fluid for this, but if you mix a solution of potassium thiocyanate and some ferric iron solution, you get a dark red color that looks very much like blood, and would probably work just fine in a fountain. None of those chemicals are particularly toxic. I think this same formula is used in special effects sometimes.

See, I’m a purist, like a nature boy organics dude. I like the real thing.
Also, I’m not great at science, so your idea is probably better.

4 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

What you are saying - your ownership and enjoyment of those guns is more significant than stopping school children from getting killed.

In countries which banned these weapons after mass shootings, it’s shocking that the ban significantly reduces mass shootings.

not just reduces.  eliminates.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Goredho said:

We severely underpay our teachers relative to their importance to a healthy society.  That’s just for the role of providing a decent baseline education for the most people.  Then we expect them to act as counselor and mentor to their students, but only within strict guidelines of state-sanctioned morality and ethics.  Next we are going to ask them to be a militia policing our schools.  To risk life and limb in a role that has no overlap with their primary mission and training.

Who the fuck wants that job?  At less than $50k a year?  And if no one wants that job, how does public education do anything but decay?  And if public education just decays to where it’s offering little to no value, why would anyone want to pay for it?  And if the masses are ignorant and uneducated, how are they able to hold their elected officials accountable?  And if elected officials are never held accountable, how do we ever have a world better than the present one they lord over?

We don’t.  I don’t necessarily think that’s a bonafide plan being executed to achieve that as a desired outcome.  But it doesn’t matter, it is what is happening.

Rather than pursue stupid SEALS training for teachers, why not offer them hazard pay and insurance?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If grandpa had to ride an assault rifle back and forth on an ammunition highway every day to provide for his family, you’d have a point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I’m sure the parents of the 19 kids killed two days ago feel much better. Go fuck yourself. You are what is wrong with this conversation. You care more about your infatuation with guns than you do about the safety of kids in literally what should be the safest place for them. Hell school is often safer than home for some kids. But fuck them as long as you can load up on AR15s. Right. Piece of shit.

You are one of those simpletons that think if we turn in all guns that the criminals will do the same, right? You know who’s guns don’t kill people? My guns. You angry dipshits don’t get this.
  • Fuck You 14

20 minutes ago, markstanco said:

There are a butt load of bombs at the air force base around the corner locked away in a.... Wherever the fuck you lock bombs up at. They've never ever ever ever EVER jumped out of wherever they fuck they are and been used to kill anyone. 

I should be allowed to have them, too.

Edited by dieucla98
  • Hook 'Em 1

You are one of those simpletons that think if we turn in all guns that the criminals will do the same, right? You know who’s guns don’t kill people? My guns. You angry dipshits don’t get this.

Boy there were a shit load of "good guys with guns" there today and they were cowards just like you.  Tell us again about how the good guy savior shit works...dickweed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the pubs are so full of shit on this hardening schools crap

it will take a MINIMUM of ONE MILLION DOLLARS to adequately harden the 130000 schools in this country which is ONE HUNDRED THIRTY BILLION DOLLARS.

scrape off TEN BILLION DOLLARS to build the best mental health system in the galaxy, and you still have enough left over to buy each of the 393 million guns in the US at a fair market price of $330 each.

It’s very simple. You care more about the feelings you get from your guns than children dying. You are the simpleton, you prove that with 90% of your posts. 

I really hope later tonight when you are shoving that AR10 up your ass your finger doesn’t slip on the trigger.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

OK. Would you perhaps feel differently if literally the only use of a car was to kill people? Instead that is a tangential result extremely rare per number of uses AND FUCKING YET using them requires training, a license, insurance, registration, and significant regulation, all things that you and yours have dragged your feet and screamed about for something that only has killing as a utility.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You know which guns don't kill people? The guns that are never allowed in the first fucking place.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

your guns are far more likely to be used to murder children that aren't your children than are the guns in the possession of the "criminals".   the guns that are used in these shootings are taken from the shooter's parents or purchased.   like brisket, you are probably extremely responsible.   and you simply can't fathom that it's not about you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Cool story. You are good with kids being massacred. Good to know.

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Your ability to have those guns kills people.  Children.  Your insistence on that childish need takes more lives than abortion.  Think about that.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Most here know you are trash, so that doesn’t really bother me at all that you don’t care he got killed by a drunk driver.

your grandfather can get in line behind the tens of thousands of souls gunned down in mass shootings since 1970

quit looking for martyrdom confirmation-bias

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Congrats on your well-behaved guns …what exactly is your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Rather than pursue stupid SEALS training for teachers, why not offer them hazard pay and insurance?

Just add high capacity semi autos to the class 3 weapons list and require the same societal due diligence for owners.  Provide a period of time for people to get their license, after which owning a high capacity semi auto without a class 3 license becomes illegal.  Provide a buyback option for those that can’t or do not want to go through the process.  Destroy the bought back guns.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Your ability to have those guns kills people.  Children.  Your insistence on that childish need takes more lives than abortion.  Think about that.  

I sympathize with your point but the above bolded statements is woefully incorrect unless you aren't counting an aborted baby as a life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

None of those countries had 400 million guns in circulation or 20 million AR 15-style rifles in circulation. 

Dunblane was 9mm & .357 (2 of each.

Port Arthur was assault rifles.

It doesn't matter, the point is this: gun control works.

Neither Scotland nor Australia have had a mass shooting in 25 yaers.

Incontrovertible, just like the republican voting record on guns and mental health.

crystal.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Just add high capacity semi autos to the class 3 weapons list and require the same societal due diligence for owners.  Provide a period of time for people to get their license, after which owning a high capacity semi auto without a class 3 license becomes illegal.  Provide a buyback option for those that can’t or do not want to go through the process.  Destroy the bought back guns.

how can anyone not bought and paid for by the nra be opposed to this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

your guns are far more likely to be used to murder children that aren't your children than are the guns in the possession of the "criminals".   the guns that are used in these shootings are taken from the shooter's parents or purchased.   like brisket, you are probably extremely responsible.   and you simply can't fathom that it's not about you.

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

It’s PEOPLE. it’s the person. Figure out the issue with mentality.
  • Fuck You 12

9 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I’m a “simpleton” that has been trained on the use of M4s and carried them in a war zone. I’m a “simpleton” who realizes they do not belong on the streets to be used by private citizens. I’m the “simpleton” that realizes it’s absurd an 18 year old can buy two on his birthday. I’m a “simpleton” who believes there are plenty of common sense gun laws that will help curb this violence while you trout out tired bullshit talking points while empirical evidence from other countries shows otherwise. You are just a troll that cares more about his guns that the lives of innocent children. So again, go fuck yourself.

thank you for your service

stanco is not trolling, unfortunately

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

your guns are statistically more likely to kill children than guns in the possession of "criminals".

How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread