Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

We havent pinch hit at all in the post-season, and not much before.  I think part of that is that there aren't any real good options for it.  Aint no Chris Carmichaels on our bench.

McGuire or McCann can pinch.

I wonder if Joe Baker is sour that he quit the team. Might have been able to use him some if he kept his attitude in check and body healthy.

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Didn't read this thread, but anyone else yell at Galindo when he said something to the effect of it being the end of the career of the Tech closer when he left the game? 

What a fucking buffoon. Coulda jinxed the whole thing. 

He made many cringe worthy comments. Lots of fu comments from me.

I actually enjoyed Eduardo Perez during the Auburn Florida game last night. Auburn sent a guy to the plate around the 5th inning and he rattled off the exact pitch sequence the guy had faced a couple of innings prior. That's the kind of shit I want to hear about. I assume Ravech and Peterson and Perez are calling the games again. That's a solid crew right there.

32 minutes ago, TornACL said:

God damnit I hate him so fucking much.

This is the only correct response to anyone mentioning Lowell. I think "Aug-dawg" pisses me off more than anything Lowell has ever said, which is quite a feat.  Augie is god damn fucking legend. I don't need some dumbass pussy with a fucking stupid haircut and unbelievably punchable face who knows nothing about sports and just throws out nonsensical sports terms as if he's playing bingo to refer to such an accomplished and revered person as "Aug-dawg." Fuck you Lowell! Have some god damn respect!

• Like 1

being pxp guy for baseball is different from most other sports.  the good ones know they are calling it on TV and people can actually see what is going on.  there is also a lot of dead time.  you fill some of that dead time but you don't try to fill all of it PLUS calling every last second of the action. 

Galindo acts like he is on one of those idiotic "around the horn" type ESPN shows and not pxp for a damn baseball game.

Anyway, glad I don't have to listen to that guy do Texas baseball games anymore this season.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lowell has a broadcast journalism degree from Emerson College.  Dude is legit.  That's like Mizzou, UT, or Syracuse, except not good.  Back off.

He also played D-III baseball there.  He was supposedly a CF, even though he shows zero ability to judge fly balls.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lowell has a broadcast journalism degree from Emerson College.  Dude is legit.  That's like Mizzou, UT, or Syracuse, except not good.  Back off.

Jesus I'd always figured he went to UT and met some of the right people. Dude's just some random San Antonian who went to school in Boston?

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jesus I'd always figured he went to UT and met some of the right people. Dude's just some random San Antonian who went to school in Boston?

Close. He met Mack and then named his son after him. Mack took care of his soldiers and still tries to. Ol'freak Nasty would still be part of the AD if Gloria did not come knocking. 

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He also played D-III baseball there.  He was supposedly a CF, even though he shows zero ability to judge fly balls.

I read this and thought you had to be trolling.  I can't believe he ever played baseball given his horrible attempts at calling games.

7 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I read this and thought you had to be trolling.  I can't believe he ever played baseball given his horrible attempts at calling games.

galindo.jpg

1.  A "baseball scholarship" to a D-III school.  Yeah, I don't think so.

2.  Maybe the most ironic thing I've ever seen.

Summa you are way over rotating on this aug dog thing.  Greg Swindell used to call him Aug Dog in public.  It might sound douchey if the guy didn't actually spend a lot of time with the coach on the set of LHN and elsewhere.

Outside of that, do yourself a favor and watch Inning by Inning if you haven't.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

being pxp guy for baseball is different from most other sports.  the good ones know they are calling it on TV and people can actually see what is going on.  there is also a lot of dead time.  you fill some of that dead time but you don't try to fill all of it PLUS calling every last second of the action. 

Galindo acts like he is on one of those idiotic "around the horn" type ESPN shows and not pxp for a damn baseball game.

Anyway, glad I don't have to listen to that guy do Texas baseball games anymore this season.

Like I've said before, I turn down the sound on tv and listen to Craig Way.  I love having a Horn announcer get totally excited in announcing the game.

1 minute ago, Deej said:

They used to do partial. I was offered a partial scholarship to play basketball for Colorado School of Mines, back in the 80's.

Never heard that.  There is no athletic money anymore, they can offer academic.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mines is D-II.

Yeah, it was a long time ago. My memory sucks. (I guess I just thought it was D-III, then, since the enrollment wasn't much bigger than my high school. I remember the coach being excited because they never got kids from 5A schools.)

Edited by Deej

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I’ve seen him trying to play CF and he is awful. He made some stumbling catch during some segment they taped and then aired during that “Top 40 UT Athletes Ever” program. He looked like it was his first time with a glove on.

Edited by Goo Punch