2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Overall I think Quinn is getting us ready for a stat line of 5 TDS and 2/3ints 

If I remember correctly he’s thrown a pick 6 in both scrimmages now. Like was said above I don’t have a huge issue with him forcing the ball down the field but if he’s throwing candy to the DB’s on the underneath stuff that will need to change quickly.

Edited by Hookem2147

5 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

If those ints are on down field bombs then they are like punts….

Too much is made of ints. A 3 & out is a turnover too. Any drive that doesn’t score is a turnover.

Never said it was a bad thing but your absolutely correct 

3 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

If those ints are on down field bombs then they are like punts….

Too much is made of ints. A 3 & out is a turnover too. Any drive that doesn’t score is a turnover.

Or you could just.....not throw INT's. Our defense absolutely cannot handle that. Last year they couldn't even handle an off-tackle run play. I hope it clicks for Quinn and he cuts the shit 

• Hook 'Em 2

Again, nothing on Banks. Williams, but not Banks

Obviously Banks is dead and they’re going to have to utilize some of his organs to save Williams. Which is problematic, because Banks is not registered as an organ donor.
Why is ewers throwing passes to someone named gabe susler?  Is his dad a rich alum?

Isn’t Ewers dad a rich alum?
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If I remember correctly he’s thrown a pick 6 in both scrimmages now. Like was said above I don’t have a huge issue with him forcing the ball down the field but if he’s throwing candy to the DB’s on the underneath stuff that will need to change quickly.

Don't want to discount the fact that he's thrown some bad picks, but in a scrimmage LB's and DB's know the offense well and they've practiced multiple times against the receivers and know their moves. Add to that, they're not really worrying about Bijan and aren't keeping one eye in the backfield. No doubt Quinn will make multiple freshman mistakes and throw some stupid picks this year, but it won't be as easy for the defense when this is real. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Don't be so dumb about practice INTs. Not all of them are on the QB. Receivers tend to be responsible for a lot of practice INTs - incorrectly run routes resulting in tipped balls or straight into INTs. If Ewers is throwing to Gabe Susler, he's throwing to everyone in the WR, TE, H-B room. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Don't want to discount the fact that he's thrown some bad picks, but in a scrimmage LB's and DB's know the offense well and they've practiced multiple times against the receivers and know their moves. Add to that, they're not really worrying about Bijan and aren't keeping one eye in the backfield. No doubt Quinn will make multiple freshman mistakes and throw some stupid picks this year, but it won't be as easy for the defense when this is real. 

Yes - jumping routes against your own D in practice is a hell of a lot easier than game time. 

I don’t care about anything practice reports. Usually we hear we look awesome then go 5-7. So practice reports mean jack shit. I fully expect to be 2-1 and have our shit pushed in by bama. Not sure why anyone would be expecting to win that game or even compete when Arkansas beat the fuck out of us last year and we’re probably starting 3 freshman on the OL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

IT practice notes (some good news injury wise)

Spoiler

— Kelvin Banks and Cam Williams went down but Cam went back in. Banks was kept out for precautionary reasons, he could have gone back in if it was a game.

— Defense did a solid job. They weren’t clicking on offense a little but that was attributed to the injuries last week more than anything. “They weren’t quite the same without Rochon, Isaiah, and Junior.“

— Good throws: Quinn great ball to Xavier Worthy down the sideline on an out and up. He threw another one down the sideline on a go ball to Casey Cain about 25 yards — “put a little air under it.”

— “Cain is putting together a good camp and taking advantage of his opportunity. Reliable and can make contested catches.”

— Bad throws: A pick-six to Kitan Crawford. Don’t know if it was Quinn, but it was a pick-six. There were two pick-sixes on the day. We’re not assigning blame to a QB yet.

— “DB’s, linebackers, and D-line are playing much better together.” Talking as a group and communicating better. Said another source, “They are playing better as a unit and their speed and effort to the ball is better.”

— David Gbenda had a good day. “Running to the ball.”

— ”Overshown didn’t play much but I don’t think he’s hurt.”

— Jamier Johnson continued his solid fall camp. “He looks ready to provide real snaps if called on.”

— Terrance Brooks had a pick.

— JD Coffey had a good day. “He covered well and made some open field tackles.”

— Ovie Oghoufo was at Sam quite a bit. Rotated linebackers a ton between 1s and 2s. Sorrell playing Edge “and was solid.”

— Alfred Collins was back today and playing. Clearly he’s not out as long as we thought. That’s big news.

— Vernon Broughton made a couple of plays that wouldn’t show up in the stat sheet but do help team defense.

— Ethan Burke is coming on strong. Had a good week overall. Candidate for the ”hard hat” award after sitting a puller on his ***. He’ll play a lot.

— “New punter knocked the hell out of one and it caught everyone’s attention.“

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Or you could just.....not throw INT's. Our defense absolutely cannot handle that. Last year they couldn't even handle an off-tackle run play. I hope it clicks for Quinn and he cuts the shit 

Curious how Ewers TD/INT ratio looked in high school.  Also experience/more snaps will help him avoid interceptions I would think.

Ethan Burke being on the depth chart this year is either a really good sign or really bad. The guy looks like he’s added some weight but he also looked like he added some of it by eating Doritos for every meal after seeing that picture of him with the Westlake guys at the open practice.

I expected him to be a good player 2 or 3 years in, but to see him contributing this quick is surprising.