2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ewers isn’t a fucking backup to Card. I can’t tell if you’re being willfully ignorant or purposefully obtuse. Card sucked last year. We all fucking witnessed it. Ewers is one of the highest rated players in recruiting history. If you can’t understand why people are praying for the fucking new guy in a way that isn’t your idiotic “people just love the backup “ trope, maybe take a few weeks off from the board, regroup, and come back and try again.

you're scared of losing that dime, aren't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ewers isn’t a fucking backup to Card. I can’t tell if you’re being willfully ignorant or purposefully obtuse. Card sucked last year. We all fucking witnessed it. Ewers is one of the highest rated players in recruiting history. If you can’t understand why people are praying for the fucking new guy in a way that isn’t your idiotic “people just love the backup “ trope, maybe take a few weeks off from the board, regroup, and come back and try again. 

Agree so what does Sark need to see to be able to go ahead and name Ewers the guy without the team questioning it? Because I do see @Codaxx point that if you claim it's an open competition and then Card outplays Ewers (if 9.95ers are to be believed), then it's a little tough to name Ewers the starter with a straight face and have people take you seriously next time. Or is that not a worry?

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I sometimes think our fanbase has the collective IQ of a fucking tackling dummy. The big booster gathering for the scrimmage is next weekend and was never said otherwise, dipshit. It’s not even a minor detail. 

Yessir get his ass. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree so what does Sark need to see to be able to go ahead and name Ewers the guy without the team questioning it? Because I do see @Codaxx point that if you claim it's an open competition and then Card outplays Ewers (if 9.95ers are to be believed), then it's a little tough to name Ewers the starter with a straight face and have people take you seriously next time. Or is that not a worry?

You name ewers and let him get all the first team reps. Stop splitting the fucking reps then you will see the cream rise to the top. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Or we let card start game 1 have him shit himself and then give Quinn the reins vs bama

• Haha 7

Late to the party, but this is what I’m reading.

Glass 100% full on defense.

giphy.gif

Ewers made every throw but also forced a couple that got picked. Card looked good and played smarter until pressure was brought. Then, he couldn’t find an open receiver.

giphy.gif

QB competition isn’t so much a competition. Smoke and mirrors with Sark. I have no problem believing Card will start the season, but i’m 99.9% sure he’s not starting at the end of the season if Quinn stays healthy.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Exactly. Like I said Sark can easily too the scales for either QB if he want to do that. I happen to think most of these practice reports are fan fiction, despite taking time to read them. I fully believe that Ewers will start, but there is always a chance (even if it is small). 

Edited by Codaxx

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You name ewers and let him get all the first team reps. Stop splitting the fucking reps then you will see the cream rise to the top. 

Stop giving the other guy first time reps and then you will finally see who the real first team QB is!

Edited by Hookem2147

In my very limited experience, the defense always kicks ass immediately after pads go on. Their jobs are generally less complicated and involve less timing and whole unit execution. I would appreciate someone with experience beyond high school football confirming whether or not this is the same at higher levels of football.

As for the QB competition, rmember that Sark replaced his preseason favorite with Casey Thompson, who as we have since heard, was not the "buy in guy" Sark likes at QB. Added to that is the fact that Sark had to dumb down his offense to accomodate for Thompson's lesser arm talent. He preferred that option to continuing to watch Card shit his pants in games. 

I would start Ewers game 1 with the stated intention of giving Card the second half save for the first possession. That would be my approach, but I don't know shit and my job isn't riding on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

While I understand the need for Ewers to take the reins as QB1 I think the expectations of him to do so are a bit much. In my eyes, the kid is still a college freshman QB, so growing pains should be expected. It's very seldom freshman QB come in a set the world on fire. Even Lawrence wasn't really better than Bryant at the beginning of his freshman season. The bigger issue is there is no point in wasting time with Card based on what we've seen thus far. In a perfect world we should be ok with Card getting the nod initially so Ewers could be brought along. But Card has not been very good in live game action so rightfully most fans have no faith in him.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Especially since most of these reports I'm seeing are coming from OB, which is the shittiest of all the site. Has Burton mentioned anything?

All the 9.95ers were pretty aligned in their reporting. Defense won the day. Ewers had 2 picks and Card had 1. Both struggled when the defense turned up the heat. Banks got some time with the first time at LT.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I would start Ewers game 1 with the stated intention of giving Card the second half save for the first possession. That would be my approach, but I don't know shit and my job isn't riding on it.

He tried that last year with Thompson in the Louisiana game and it felt cheap that Card didn't get to put the nail in the coffin of his first start. QBs need confidence and rhythm especially when they're young and imo that's why Card struggled last year cause he never got a full game from start to finish to get going. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's pretty much right though, other than than the whole higher risk playing Ewers than Card thing. 

How is Card low risk? He sucks and we all knew he sucked so we're not disappointed? It's a lazy take but don't forget, from "Tahoe" like anyone gives a shit where he is. He's not funny, horrible tone and voice, terrible nervous energy rona cough, screams insecurity and is salty for wasting money on last year's qb1. Wells is awful to listed to but he works hard and makes you feel like you're contributing to a worth while make a wish. Eric is the Hunter of IT, he should remain in the Tahoe shadows. Let BB, Gerry and I guess Cook be the voice of IT.

8 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

While I understand the need for Ewers to take the reins as QB1 I think the expectations of him to do so are a bit much. In my eyes, the kid is still a college freshman QB, so growing pains should be expected. It's very seldom freshman QB come in a set the world on fire. Even Lawrence wasn't really better than Bryant at the beginning of his freshman season. The bigger issue is there is no point in wasting time with Card based on what we've seen thus far. In a perfect world we should be ok with Card getting the nod initially so Ewers could be brought along. But Card has not been very good in live game action so rightfully most fans have no faith in him.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Quinn is a gamer. All things being equal we should find out against ULM.

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's pretty much right though, other than than the whole higher risk playing Ewers than Card thing. 

If the Ewers risk is him learning to respect D1 corners and safties, that's just growing pain. Sam learned. It took some painfully stupid interceptions but he learned. The risk with Card seems to be more of a characteristic than a lack of experience. I don't know if a QB can learn not to panic. Maybe? If Ewers turns out to have equally fatal charateristics, as opposed to just being green, then we will get to see how close Malik is to bing ready, and it will be an "interesting" season. You never know, Malik may be one of those guys who takes over and never looks back. I need a drink.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

All the 9.95ers were pretty aligned in their reporting. Defense won the day. Ewers had 2 picks and Card had 1. Both struggled when the defense turned up the heat. Banks got some time with the first time at LT.

The thing we don’t know is what kind of picks and who was on the field. I believe Hudson threw a pick 6, that just can’t happen. That is likely a bad read. I know Thompson picked Ewers. That could be Ewers doing his best Favre impersonation and thinking he can thread the needle. I still think it will be Ewers, based on who fits what Sark wants to do.  Run the ball, RPO, and deep shots. The later is why Ewers will start. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

I’m sure the NIL deal with IT has nothing to do with Nahlin’s opinion here. 

no shit.  it's impossible to take anything they say regarding QB as objective.

card fucking sucked last year.  end of story.  could he be better with a year under his belt?  sure.  but that doesn't change that he was pure fucking dogshit last year.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Ketchup says that Neyor should be fine.. not sure if that's a good thing or not

Hide contents

2:10 p.m. update - Just talked to yet another source. Some quick-hitter notes …

--- QBs - both Card and Ewers flashed some good and some bad. Both threw INTs. Like multiple other sources earlier today, this person felt Card had the better day.

“If you were basing it just on this (scrimmage), you’d have to go with Card because he knows the system.”

--- Roschon Johnson is in a boot. Word from someone close to Roschon is that it’s a mild sprain and he’ll be fine.

--- I’m told Isaiah Neyor should be fine.

--- Junior Angilau’s injury happened when he was pancaked from behind by a defensive tackle. Unfortunate injury there.

--- Along with Bijan, I was told that RB Ky Woods actually had a solid day. He scored a TD.

--- Overshown flashed quite a bit. On the first play, he had a huge sack, showed great speed off the edge

--- As we’ve reported previously, this person said the offensive line struggled at times.

--- Maalik Murphy was on the sidelines but this person didn’t think he had a jersey on. Not sure what the deal was there but he apparently didn’t play at all.

--- Ovie Oghoufo was listed as having a good day.

--- Prince showed some flash and had a couple sacks. He ran with the 2s but someone said he needs to get better and more consistent with his effort.

--- Gary Patterson was behind the defense throughout the day taking notes.

I Hope Please GIF

on the injury notes

Edited by lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Card is absolutely lower risk than Ewers.  We know more how he will do and thus, lower risk.  Low risk does not mean better, btw.

Ewers could suck.  He could be first pick of NFL draft.  That is higher risk.  And Sark will bet on that upside so let's get behind Quinn and stop the BS.

If I know that a guy shits himself in the pocket and has an almost craven need to throw pick 6’s on the reg, that makes him “low risk” because I already know that he presents my worst case scenario at QB? Okay, then. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

This is going to require repeating a lot this year. It's a legit point.

And yeah TLaw wasn't even the starter for his first few games.

51 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Stop giving the other guy first time reps and then you will finally see who the real first team QB is!

We really don't know how the reps are split or how Sark views the QBs. The media gets to view 20% of the reps at most and write a narrative based on their opinion s.

If I am not mistaken, he played the same media game at Alabama when he waited until the last week to name Mac Jones starting QB.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If I know that a guy shits himself in the pocket and has an almost craven need to throw pick 6’s on the reg, that makes him “low risk” because I already know that he presents my worst case scenario at QB? Okay, then. 

Low risk is not the right term for what he’s saying. He’s lower beta. His floor is closer to his ceiling. If that’s a high floor low ceiling cool, but if it’s a low floor low ceiling who gives a shit?  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The thing we don’t know is what kind of picks and who was on the field. I believe Hudson threw a pick 6, that just can’t happen. That is likely a bad read. I know Thompson picked Ewers. That could be Ewers doing his best Favre impersonation and thinking he can thread the needle. I still think it will be Ewers, based on who fits what Sark wants to do.  Run the ball, RPO, and deep shots. The later is why Ewers will start. 

Is this post for real?

So it's "likely" that Card made a bad read and it "could be" that Ewers was just gunslinging?

Any more conclusions on your mat that you want to jump to?

Edited by Tylerocks

10 minutes ago, OB3 said:

54DF21A7-0469-4C13-913B-33235A84EE09.thumb.jpeg.84e3ca50f9caab85c43452d16d40afc3.jpeg

For those who’ve been on IT for a while, does this guy post pretty accurate stuff? (Had a lot of rep so I’m assuming he does)

He’s normally pretty reliable. He is connected to North Shore and swung and miss on the Denver Harris recruitment but we all know how that went down.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Is this post for real?

So it's "likely" that Card made a bad read and it "could be" that Ewers was just gunslinging?

Any more conclusions on your mat that you want to jump to?

You would think words like “likely” or “could be” would tip you off I was speculating and not get your panties in a wad. My bad Mr Card