Nebraska vs Nawfwestern - 11:30am - FOX (9:30 Pacific)

Pancho

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

no one with a brain will ever fault sark for wanting ewers over thompson.

It will be the vocal majority in the fan base if Ewers doesn't look good and Thompson does. Of course Ewers' upside is way higher so unless he busts he'll pay off in year 2/3. 

I'm fully expecting him to deal dimes this season though and everyone's happy in the exchange. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Fuck You 1

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

...and defense is supposed to be Northwestern's strong point. That's no bueno.

Northwestern was bad last year. They finished 13th out of 14 in total defense in the Big 10. Lost 56-7 to Nebraska also. 

Edited by Codaxx

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Casey is not going to have a good season. Let's not jump to conclusions after the first series against one of the worst P5 teams that gave him all day to throw. When given that much time, any QB (except Adrian Martinez) can make those throws.

I mean he had an objectively decent season stats wise last year with a hurt hand and a dumpster fire of a team. No reason to expect he won’t at least be decent again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Nebraska ran the ball once on a 8 or so play drive.  

Yeah, expect Corn's new OC to call a lot of pass plays this year.  

Pitt head coach was not happy about Whipple's pass happy style.

Narduzzi was critical of Whipple’s tendency to call pass plays and said that Pickett was “banged up” because of the offense’s predictability.

“I think when you throw the ball 85% of the time and you’ve got people just teeing off on you in the pass rush, we didn’t make it easy on Kenny. Everybody knew we were going to throw the ball and we threw the ball,” Narduzzi said. “As a defensive coordinator, If I know you’re going to throw the ball, I’m going to get you. I’m going to make you pay. There’s some things we could do to really stop you if we know you have no desire to run the ball.

"Our old offensive coordinator had no desire to run the ball. Everybody knew. He was stubborn. I mean Wake Forest was 118th in run defense and we threw the ball every down. When we ran it, we ran for 10 yards but that wasn’t good enough. So [Pickett] was banged up, so maybe if he didn’t bang him up all season, maybe he would’ve played [in the bowl game].”

Edited by LTtxfan
damn autocorrect

1 minute ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Casey is a shitty, selfish teammate. When he transferred, very few Longhorn players seemed to give a shit or wish him well. That's not what you want out of your starting QB.

I don't get why anyone is cheering on Casey. His dad also leaked info to the 9.95ers. He quit on the team multiple times and cleared out his locker when he didn't get what he wanted during the season.

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I truly don't get the Casey hate. Not at all. He is a good qb. He played all last year with a busted thumb. He is accurate downfield even if he doesn't have a howitzer. I hope he does well. 

5 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Man... I don't get why people think Casey can't QB...  Had Card put up 35/9 with a smashed throwing hand we'd still be getting the stains out of this website... Casey was not the reason we lost games. 

People just have irrational hate because the 9.95 lying bullshit painted him as the bad guy in his battle with their boy Card. He's a solid QB and if their line is decent and he has a couple of weapons he'll have a good season. It's a shame as he wasn't a few month rental like Ewers was to OSU. He was here several years and is a Texas Ex with a degree. He wouldn't have left if Sark didn't go after Ewers. He's still one of us and deserves our support. 

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Casey is not going to have a good season. Let's not jump to conclusions after the first series against one of the worst P5 teams that gave him all day to throw. When given that much time, any QB (except Adrian Martinez) can make those throws.

Case in point. Guessing these are t-shirt fans. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I mean he had an objectively decent season stats wise last year with a hurt hand and a dumpster fire of a team. No reason to expect he won’t at least be decent again. 

Did you watch him play? Stats don't tell the story. He threw terrible balls even when he wasn't injured. You will see the real Casey when he sees some pressure.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

I truly don't get the Casey hate. Not at all. He is a good qb. He played all last year with a busted thumb. He is accurate downfield even if he doesn't have a howitzer. I hope he does well. 

His dumbass along with his father leaked to Brian Jones that he didn’t get the starting job because of race. So fuck him

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

People just have irrational hate because the 9.95 lying bullshit painted him as the bad guy in his battle with their boy Card. He's a solid QB and if their line is decent and he has a couple of weapons he'll have a good season. It's a shame as he wasn't a few month rental like Ewers was to OSU. He was here several years and is a Texas Ex with a degree. He wouldn't have left if Sark didn't go after Ewers. He's still one of us and deserves our support. 

Case in point. Guessing these are t-shirt fans. 

Damn, you are trying hard. Calling someone  at-shirt fan for telling the truth about Northwestern. This is pure Aggy. They were terrible last year. Arguably the worst team in the Big 10 (Indiana was their comp). Nebraska even rolled them 56-7 last year.

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He will be good against shitty teams and completely suck against good teams. Just like at Texas. The second half of their schedule is going to be brutal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Casey is a shitty, selfish teammate. When he transferred, very few Longhorn players seemed to give a shit or wish him well. That's not what you want out of your starting QB.

He had about 4 teammates who weren’t dogshit. I don’t remember any of those 4 saying a bad word against him. He played with a busted thumb. He repped the school well. Has his degree. I will always root for him unless we wind up playing Nebraska in a bowl

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, expect Corn's new OC to call a lot of pass plays this year.  

Pitt head coach was not happy about Whipple's pass happy style.

"Our old offensive coordinator had no desire to run the ball. Everybody knew. He was stubborn. I mean Wake Forest was 118th in run defense and we threw the ball every down. When we ran it, we ran for 10 yards but that wasn’t good enough. So [Pickett] was banged up, so maybe if he didn’t bang him up all season, maybe he would’ve played [in the bowl game].”

If the HC is not happy with the OC's play calls then he should have addressed that issue and input on the weekly game plan. Crying about it after the fact, says that he is ass weak HC and kind of a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1