Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

19 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That does not sound very promising 

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Disagree.  That's an update that says it's bad enough that we shouldn't expect him for at least 3-4 weeks at best.  

This is how I read it.

How many games can Arch appear in before he loses his redshirt? Four? Not like it really matters because if he’s as good as we hope, he ain’t spending four years here anyways.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

This is how I read it.

How many games can Arch appear in before he loses his redshirt? Four? Not like it really matters because if he’s as good as we hope, he ain’t spending four years here anyways.

4, has he gotten into one yet? Can't remember if he took a throwaway snap this year 

• Hook 'Em 1

90% of the people shitting on QE for taking on the defender both against OU and UH would be losing their minds if he slides in those situations.  I can just hear the cries of, "He's a prima donna pussy, protecting himself and his millions over being tough and trying to win for dear old Texas!".  Those folks will not be satisfied until the scientists somehow find a way for Colt and VY to have a kid, and he grows up to be a Longhorn QB.

Talk all the shit you want about Gabriel sliding, but I’ll be damned, it’s not up to the qb to run people over. Sliding or running ob is always the correct play for a qb that absolutely necessary for your success.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I wonder how committed this staff is to an arch redshirt.  I recall one of the appeals during recruiting was he wanted to redshirt, which may have been all bullshit, but the Mannings seemed sincere about it.

We have 5 games left plus a bowl at a minimum.  Throw in big 12 championship and we're at 6.  If Quinn's not back and MM sucks or gets injured do we still sit arch for 2 games?  I doubt it unless it was some kind of blood oath made to them which would cause a transfer.  Even then, you'd think if any family would understand why burning the shirt is needed it would be that one.

7 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Time to move on from Ewers.  Next man up. The Injury last year was unfortunate. The injury yesterday was unnecessary and stupid. 

Many are saying the sack was the cause of the injury. If you are saying drawing up a play where Sanders is responsible for blocking Houston’s best pass rusher 1 on 1 was unnecessary and stupid, than I agree 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If Quinn comes back, do u really think he will start next year?

Yes… Quinn isn’t perfect, but he is putting up numbers. Pretty hard to unseat a starter, let alone one that will easily be projected as a top 10 QB next year (if he comes back).  I don’t think that is going to happen, so this is probably just a waste of time to discuss 

7 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I wonder how committed this staff is to an arch redshirt.  I recall one of the appeals during recruiting was he wanted to redshirt, which may have been all bullshit, but the Mannings seemed sincere about it.

We have 5 games left plus a bowl at a minimum.  Throw in big 12 championship and we're at 6.  If Quinn's not back and MM sucks or gets injured do we still sit arch for 2 games?  I doubt it unless it was some kind of blood oath made to them which would cause a transfer.  Even then, you'd think if any family would understand why burning the shirt is needed it would be that one.

I'd imagine that was Arch should redshirt if he doesn't win the job in the summer. I doubt his family would be angry if he's forced into duty in these circumstances. Hopefully Maalik is good so it's not a consideration. But this is absolutely always a possibility given what happened to Quinn last season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

He's not getting drafted next year. Take that to the bank. I don't care if he declares or not, he's not getting drafted.

I'm prepared to do a ctj style bet on this if you want.  If Quinn enters the draft he's getting drafted somewhere.  To think otherwise is just silly   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Just about eliminates the “maybe it’s 1-2 weeks” narrative. 

Does it? It didn't say anything.

Not that I have heard this narrative or know what substance, if any, is behind it.

9 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Good luck in the NFL, Quinn! I think he gets a long career.  His talent is off the charts. 

As for Texas, it’s terrible news.

Wait...what news?

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This guy seems like a pretty good doctor of neighborhood type (also the fact we’ve heard nothing and won’t until the presser leads most of us seasoned football watching pros to think he misses at the very least BYU) 

In that video clip Hayden Conner responds appropriately to Houston DE David Ugwoegbu trying to add a little extracurricular action instead of just getting up after the tackle. Conner puts him on his ass and I heartily approve. That demeanor was missing from the OL against Arky.

• Hook 'Em 9

In that video clip Hayden Conner responds appropriately to Houston DE David Ugwoegbu trying to add a little extracurricular action instead of just getting up after the tackle. Conner puts him on his ass and I heartily approve. That demeanor was missing from the OL against Arky.

I’m not sure it was extracurricular though. He got knocked stupid too.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

He's hit on the left shoulder and uses his right arm to get up without any trouble at all. Weird.

And yet it was his right arm in the sling. Dayum. Hard to really say other than if he was just banged up and fine and good to go v BYU we’d have heard something more from UT other than we’ll see you Monday at the presser: 

3 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

He tossed him like a rag doll

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This guy seems like a pretty good doctor of neighborhood type (also the fact we’ve heard nothing and won’t until the presser leads most of us seasoned football watching pros to think he misses at the very least BYU) 

Immediately after the play, at least Conner grabbed the Coog tackler and flung him off Quinn like a rag doll. 
I recall Colt McCoy getting no such support from his OL during the last Nebraska game at Jerryworld.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Beat me to it while I was typing.

2 minutes ago, Matagorda said:

He tossed him like a rag doll

Same.

• Hook 'Em 1