Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

My favorite posts are the ones that take one post and label it as collectively from “Surly” and then take a different post with the opposite opinion from a completely different poster and label it also from “Surly” as if they never expected different takes from a group of 10,000 or whatever assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I didn’t say any Texas OL guy had to fight Suh, just that none of those pasty-faced bystanders didn’t have the courtesy to help the smashed Colt get up off the turf. 
There were a lot of harsh words on Shaggy describing that disgraceful conduct towards theirteammate and leader who was taking such a beating because of their ineptitude.

Those guys would have whiffed trying to help him up. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

This guy seems like a pretty good doctor of neighborhood type (also the fact we’ve heard nothing and won’t until the presser leads most of us seasoned football watching pros to think he misses at the very least BYU) 

Wait so Twitter doctor of neighborhood might be right? 

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Immediately after the play, at least Conner grabbed the Coog tackler and flung him off Quinn like a rag doll. 
I recall Colt McCoy getting no such support from his OL during the last Nebraska game at Jerryworld.

They were probably just as scared as Colt was 

• Rage+1 1

I’m very curious to see if they work to get Maalik and Arch reps next week. If Arch’s strength is his football IQ and he’s ahead of Maalik in that respect he may be best suited to take over for a few games especially if he can maintain a redshirt. Say what you will about competition level but one area that’s never been in doubt with Arch is the mental aspect. Maalik has a cannon no doubt but it doesn’t do any good if it’s not the right read. If Arch can rely on the run game and just get the ball on time to the right read, it may be our best shot.

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I’m very curious to see if they work to get Maalik and Arch reps next week. If Arch’s strength is his football IQ and he’s ahead of Maalik in that respect he may be best suited to take over for a few games especially if he can maintain a redshirt. Say what you will about competition level but one area that’s never been in doubt with Arch is the mental aspect. Maalik has a cannon no doubt but it doesn’t do any good if it’s not the right read. If Arch can rely on the run game and just get the ball on time to the right read, it may be our best shot.

Have you, um, seen BYU play this year? I could suit up at QB and keep it a competitive game. Just put Murphy back there and tell him to hand off all night. We’ll easily win by the 3 TDs we’re favored by. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Have you, um, seen BYU play this year? I could suit up at QB and keep it a competitive game. Just put Murphy back there and tell him to hand off all night. We’ll easily win by the 3 TDs we’re favored by. 

That’s the whole point. If indeed it is an easy game (though nothing to date would support us being so cocky) then that’s exactly why you play both and see what you are working with in live reps.

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Steve Harvey What GIF

Some of you were convinced Murphy was the answer and know the tone of this thread is we are doomed for three straight loses.    

Which is it?   

Yeah I saw one mother fucker has nicknamed him “sewers” already, bitchin incessantly about accuracy and check downs. Well here we go, they got their wish. Malik will either be our hero or the reason we wander the desert for 5-10 more years. We end up 6-6 and we are mega fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Peyton and Eli are obviously athletic enough to be big time QBs, but they aren't otherworldly.  What they are is phenomenal football quarterbacks, and that comes from the mental side, understanding the game to an insanely deep level, etc.

Cooper Manning, Arch's dad, was the best athlete of the 3 - so Arch isn't lacking the genetics.  And with Archie for a grandfather, and Peyton and Eli for uncles, you can damn sure bet he knows how to play QB.

I have some ties to people in LA who really know football and they said his last name adds a star, so I'm not suggesting he's Football Jesus - but you can bet he won't suck.

25 minutes ago, troph said:

I miss the days when the QB spot wasn’t a 2 and done spot and kids had to stay all 4 years before going pro. The kid is a soph and a young one. He’s entirely good enough to keep Texas top ten for 3 years. Given we are solidly top 10 past the midway point you’d think folks would see that. Sadly he’s hurt and half the board is excited because the back up has potential. It’s fucked up.

For real 

Also imagine having a 6th year senior at QB like others.   Difficult to imagine at Texas moving forward

31 minutes ago, troph said:

I miss the days when the QB spot wasn’t a 2 and done spot and kids had to stay all 4 years before going pro. The kid is a soph and a young one. He’s entirely good enough to keep Texas top ten for 3 years. Given we are solidly top 10 past the midway point you’d think folks would see that. Sadly he’s hurt and half the board is excited because the back up has potential. It’s fucked up.

He has had some really bad games here. Nobody is glad he’s hurt though but we’re just rooting for Murphy.  Don’t blow this out of proportion 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, troph said:

Yeah it’s bizarre. He’s really good. It’s sucks he’s out. Wish he was coming back.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

He has had some really bad games here. Nobody is glad he’s hurt though but we’re just rooting for Murphy.  Don’t blow this out of proportion 

It’s also ok to occasionally be disappointed in our QB play and fully realize he’s our best option. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Peyton and Eli are obviously athletic enough to be big time QBs, but they aren't otherworldly.  What they are is phenomenal football quarterbacks, and that comes from the mental side, understanding the game to an insanely deep level, etc.

Cooper Manning, Arch's dad, was the best athlete of the 3 - so Arch isn't lacking the genetics.  And with Archie for a grandfather, and Peyton and Eli for uncles, you can damn sure bet he knows how to play QB.

I have some ties to people in LA who really know football and they said his last name adds a star, so I'm not suggesting he's Football Jesus - but you can bet he won't suck.

That’s my thinking and if you surround him with the offensive weapons we have there are worse backup situations to be found. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and Maalik is the real deal and Arch can continue on the planned development timeline.

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well if we’re down 10 in the fourth you better fucking be ready 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Malik is going to tear shit up over the next few weeks, we'll be undefeated, and we'll have us a good ol' fashioned Surly horns quarterback controversy at the end of the season and then going into the bowl game.  It has been foretold. 

the league GIF

• Hook 'Em 1