Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

I feel like I’ve been here before lol. Rick Barnes arguments had Derka on the other side of the coin tho, I mean no one did less with more than Rick Barnes but now Quinn is the guy who is carried by his supporting cast lol. Sam got the same kind of weird response out of Derka. 

I think Quinn needs to come back and win a heisman then go first overall in the draft. Put a magical end to his college career. 

39 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

This thread is still about Ewers? 

Who's this "Ewers" person?

It's more about the fact that "IGNORE" doesn't bother to ignore quotes of the ignored. 

Imma, you're seeing this. Either make it so, or at least put an "X" in the title line instead of the circle or star - that's likely an easy step.

32 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Sam got the same kind of weird response out of Derka. 

i know, right? that was so weird when i fought back against the idea that sam was a longhorn legend, a heisman contender, and a future nfl qb. so weird. totally nonsensical! you’ve got me there guy. 

amything that goes against this forum’s wild fanboy nonsense is considered either radical or trolling, no matter how right those takes end up proving to be. sorry dudes, but someone refusing to take part in this unwarranted hero worship is neither of those things, it’s simply a differing, usually more fact-based opinion.

Edited by shadow_operative

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i know, right? that was so weird when i fought back against the idea that sam was a longhorn legend, a heisman contender, and a future nfl qb. so weird. totally nonsensical! you’ve got me there guy. 

amything that goes against this forum’s wild fanboy nonsense is considered either radical or trolling, no matter how right those takes end up proving to be. sorry dudes, but someone refusing to take part in this unwarranted yes hero worship is neither of those things, it’s simply a differing, usually more fact-based opinion.

Wait. .Are you saying you were right? Sam is on the Colts roster has started games in the NFL.. To most that would make him an NFL QB. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Wait. .Are you saying you right? Sam is on the Colts roster has started games in the NFL.. To most that would make him an NFL QB. 

yes i’m aware that he has played, i was posting in those game threads and rooting him on, wearing the colts shirt that i got when he was drafted. i never argued that sam would never play a down or start a game, i argued against the idea that he was ever going to win a job and actually become an NFL starter. one of the weirder, easier predictions i’ve ever had to make against the shaggy groupthink. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

^^^ THAT = me saying  “everyone”? in what world dude? i mean @Dbeasy even put “everyone” in quotes, as if it was a direct quote from me. and this is what you come up with as proof that i’ve said that “everyone” in here has called him a legend, predicted the heisman, and foretold of his nfl success? motherfucker do you speak english?

i’ll give it to you jj, your want-to when it comes to starting shit is off the charts. it’s your execution that so often leaves a lot to be desired.

Talk about not owning up to your own mistake and bullshit.  This is the classic example of being totally owned by JimmyJazz and you still refuse to admit it. You don't like what's posted? Use the ignore button.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Talk about not owning up to your own mistake and bullshit.  This is the classic example of being totally owned by JimmyJazz and you still refuse to admit it. You don't like what's posted? Use the ignore button.

are you high? seriously, do either of you understand english?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

As to the hyperbolic, exaggerated statements that “everyone” is calling Ewers a Longhorn Legend, guaranteed NFL success, etc,

that ^^^, and this:

IMG_2949.thumb.jpeg.ad9b3c28a4ac89786480adb722860698.jpeg

are not the same thing. do you seriously think they are, or are you just so upset that you’re going to continue to warp the truth so long as it makes you feel good about yourself?

”this thread is full of people overhyping QE” does not equal, “everyone in this thread is overhyping QE.” two totally different statements. do you really not understand that?  

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

The next person to call me out in this thread, by actually quoting something specific, I said, and not making up some complete bullshit that i never said will be the first. i don’t know how many times we’re going to play this game in this thread, where you guys lose your minds over (insert your own wildly hyperbolic interpretation of what i said, or something that’s just flat out fiction) followed by me asking you to cite specific examples of you’re going to accuse me of these things, but so far you guys are batting 0.000 on that front. 

What reality do you live in? I'm seriously interested to know. 

36 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

”this thread is full of people overhyping QE” does not equal, “everyone in this thread is overhyping QE.” two totally different statements. do you really not understand that?  

Do you understand "one guy"?  They're your words.  Can you address them?

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

What reality do you live in? I'm seriously interested to know. 

this one:

IMG_2953.thumb.jpeg.a8f8ceb3fde90c6e53350ea9cf67871d.jpeg

that was saturday, when dbeasy was yet again “quoting me” as saying something that i didn’t actually say. i politely asked him to specifically cite what it is that he was referring to, but he never got back to me. 

here we are today, and again dbeasy, without citing anything specific that i’ve said or quoting any of my posts, is spouting off about me supposedly saying something that again, i didn’t actually say. and he’s not alone. it’s happened all throughout this thread. people don’t actually quote my posts and say, “i disagree with what you’ve said here,” they instead invent their own warped version of what i’ve said and then take issue with me because of their own warped “quotes” that i never actually made.

that’s the reality i live in deej. the one where the guy who won’t ever just quote the actual words that i’ve said is in here lecturing me about not taking accountability. wild shit.

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that’s the reality i live in deej. the one where the guy who won’t ever just quote the actual words that i’ve said is in here lecturing me about not taking accountability. wild shit.

I've quoted you a bunch, and yet you aggressively rip me until you realize you're being a hypocrite, again.  Then you disappear.

"One guy". 

"this thread is full of people"

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've quoted you a bunch, and yet you aggressively rip me until you realize you're being a hypocrite, again.  Then you disappear.

"One guy". 

"this thread is full of people"

Thoughts?

You're correct and only one person on this thread is too stubborn to admit it. 

Yeah, yeah, I know.  My bad.

To steal a line from a rather obscure movie named Lucky Number Slevin: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Someone in here doesn't possess the ability to be introspective, and it's not you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, shadow_operative said:

he’s pat mahomes, he’s cj stroud, he’s a longhorn legend, he’s a heisman candidate. the worshipping of a guy who’s done nothing of import at Texas is wild. 

bro... i'm just looking at how he plays and making some comparison.

fwiw, he's done pretty well this season... except in the red zone, where he is not CJ Stroud at all.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, shadow_operative said:

another thing that people don’t want to admit is that quinn has a ton of teammates who have developed and gotten better at a much faster rate than he has. sark and co. have done a tremendous job of developing talent. if you come here, you get better, year over year. just like earlier when i pointed out that QE is arguably not one of the 10 best players on this team (his ceiling is probably no.9), but he’s also not one of the more quickly developing players either.

look at how many guys from sark’s first team have developed into monsters who will be named to all conference and all america teams. we bring in 4 and 5* talent and we develop them into beasts. and then you have Quinn, the highest rated of them all, with the QB whisperer as his coach, and while he is no doubt improving, he still is an inconsistent player who makes the same mistakes/has the same issues as he’s always had, namely with footwork, pocket presence, and accuracy. i can’t count the number of teammates QE has who’ve lapped him in terms of growth. 

all of this is to say that we have one player on this team who in reality is not one of the team’s top players in terms of on field play as well as development and growth, and yet this thread and this fam base want to call him a legend, talk about the heisman, predict future nfl success, and claim that he’s just as good all those other QBs out there who are out performing both statistically and on tape. this QB hero worship at Texas is a tradition that for whatever reason our fan base loves to practice. i’m glad we have QE; he’s a good qb; but y’all make him out to be football jesus, and that’s wild.

come on, man... QBs don't develop as fast as WRs, RBs, or DTs.

Compare QB, CB, LB, and OL on a development timeline and you'll see almost all of our guys are on time. He looks like a 2nd year QB starter that has injured both shoulders. 

who is predicting him as a heisman?

why are you angry that we finally have a good QB that isn't playing FB at the same time?

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a son that can’t stop arguing - he’s always right and finds places for disagreement often. I have compassion for Derka. I wish things were different. I wish we were kinder. I wish he could see it. Life isn’t fair sometimes. It’s why I often prefer fish, my dog and a warm bath over human interaction.

QE has weaknesses. He’s shown flashes. He has tremendous raw talent. He has improved. It’s well known he should return. We all want him to succeed and we all want him to get better.

can that be the end of it? 

please?

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

To steal a line from a rather obscure movie named Lucky Number Slevin: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Someone in here doesn't possess the ability to be introspective, and it's not you.

Or in the pithy words of Raylan Givens: “You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1