Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

1 minute ago, austintiger said:

Lsu fan perspective.  You got hosed and get used to it and doesn't get any better in the SEC you have to beat Alabama and the stripes every f****** game.

Crazy that you came that close with card my God hes terrible is that really the 2nd best quarterback on the team?

We have high hopes for Maalik Murphy but he is still 4th string or some shit. Card does suck but I guess I should mention he was injured the whole game. That lame ass toss he made at the end of the game when I expected him to fire it 70 yards was pretty sad.

53 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Defense was the best it’s been in a decade. Offense with Quinn is the same. Hopefully Quinn is back next week and we can see these cousin tucking hillbilly’s again.

I'd like to get the status on his injury. He was on the sidelines with what look like nothing on his left shoulder. If there was edema, they would have kept ice on it. I hope it's not serious and he returns. UT could be bowl-eligible this year. Hook 'em Horns.

UT Pimp.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

That is their job. They didn’t do it very well but they didn’t cost the game. 

They absolutely cost the game.  If they had just called that one facemask and got us on the 2 or 3 yard line with a fresh set of downs, we likely get a TD instead of a FG, and BAMA doesn't get a bump in momentum from holding them to a FG..That turned the game.

6 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

What can they do though? It seems like teams complain to Big 12 offices, but what actually happens?  Just a slap on the wrist and an apology?  

Demand that that crew never be let even remotely close to one of our games again. They are utterly incompetent. 

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

If we didn’t shank a FG, what would have been the final outcome?

STFU

What a stupid and lazy take. Yes we could have performed better. Also Odin could have come down and thrown lightning bolts at Bryce Young. In an evenly officiated game then the outcome is clearly different.

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 2

My thoughts on the game:

1. Was happy with how we competed. I am ALWAYS negative. Always think we will lose. For some reason this past week I thought we would keep it close. Glad we did. 

2. Ewers is THE REAL DEAL. I won’t get into the “what if”, but he can sling it man. I think it is clear as day why he won the QB battle. Dammit i wish he didn’t get hurt so early.

3. The defense, my GOD the defense. THEY EXIST! Maybe it’s Patterson, maybe they have just gotten used to PK, either way, today they impressed. I will say, Bama’s offense kind of sucks. Gibbs was great and played everywhere. Geez.

4. My 15 year-old son (who kicks for his team) said “that missed FG is gonna hurt, watch”. (Miss by Auburn). I kind of said yeah, but let’s see what happens. Well, dammit we lost by 1.

5. We may need to look at our deep snapper. On the missed FG and a punt he snapped the ball low. Gotta do better.

6. We belong. There is no doubt that our depth may not be equal with other top teams, but we belong with the top teams, IF Ewers is our QB. Without him, we are whatever. That being said, was proud Card didn’t completely shit the bed.

7. That Ryan Watts missed sack will haunt me. (Theory time) Why not BLOW YOUNG UP!?! I think because everyone is so SCARED of penalties they shy away from actually hitting dudes. I dunnno, but that sucked big time. My son and I screamed thinking he was sacked. I guess players make plays.

8. This season will be fun, ESPECIALLY IF EWERS IS READY TO GO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dignan said:

The “missed intentional grounding” was the right call. I had to rewatch, but the “pass” hit off of Overshown’s helmet. Same as if he would’ve batted it down. Now, was it a “real pass”? No, but the rules are rules. No way was that a real pass by Young, but the refs got it right unfortunately. 

Rewind a little further and Bryce young’s calf is on the ground as he is laying across sweat, making him down by contact before he throws the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

If we didn’t shank a FG, what would have been the final outcome?

If we had just used one of the two timeouts we took to the locker room instead of rushing the kick or perhaps given Card a few extra seconds within which he could have spiked the bobbled snap. 

hell, we can do this all day

6 minutes ago, austintiger said:

Lsu fan perspective.  You got hosed and get used to it and doesn't get any better in the SEC you have to beat Alabama and the stripes every f****** game.

Crazy that you came that close with card my God hes terrible is that really the 2nd best quarterback on the team?

Not sure if he is the 2nd best, they have a true Freshman QB out of California that was highly rated.  I guess Card is 2nd most experienced.  I thought he was doing just enough to get it done until his leg got hurt...

13 minutes ago, austintiger said:

You can say fuck here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I know that missed FG at the end of the half was a killer, but if you had told me that Bert Auburn would go 3 for 4 on FG in this game, I would have taken it.  Bobby and Rod on the postgame are saying that it was tipped as well.

It was blocked. Looked like a missed assignment up front. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have the feeling and hope that this team has a better mental makeup than last years, and the year before that.

Coming back from this hard and strong, even with Card behind center, will be crucial.

Amazingly even with Card we would have won if his ankle wasn't fucked up. That was clearly limiting his throws and likely contributed to the conservative play calling.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hot damn, sure would have liked a win today, but I can honestly say I've never been prouder of those young men and the grit and determination that they showed today.  Even with Ewers going down I believe if Card hadn't gotten hurt we would have still won.

Also, just saw on GameDay Final that is definitely a shoulder injury that sidelined Quinn, has it been released yet as to what type of shoulder injury? Severity? Time-line for return?

Hook 'Em

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I know that missed FG at the end of the half was a killer, but if you had told me that Bert Auburn would go 3 for 4 on FG in this game, I would have taken it.  Bobby and Rod on the postgame are saying that it was tipped as well.

the killer was Card holding the ball and not getting the TD to Worthy before that.

• Hook 'Em 2

Mannnnnn…… we balled TF out today. Crowd was electric, defense was inspired, and we were prepared. Yes, ewers is that man. He got hurt, but we saw what is to come in the future. The progression shown from game 1 to game 2 was monumental (may or may not be due to play calls in gm1 Vs gm2). Defense was legit. Yes…. Allowed a huge run for 6, and last drive to get there, but all in all….. very fuckin solid. This team is heading in the right direction. We didn’t lay an egg. Those questioning Sarks ability as head coach should atleast be satisfied with what was shown on field today. We are gunna be back. Trust the mutha fuckin process 

Thanks for this. Had to miss the game for my favorite team (son’s baseball) so I was curious what the Surly take would be. I got the “upset alert” on my phone and kinda freaked out.