Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuck we need Quinn back by next week. I'm sorry, but we cannot win with Card. He just doesn't have it. He did all he could today, but he's so limited. I cannot endure another shit season. We need at least 8 wins. Ewers is the real deal. 

I don’t get this negativity. We almost beat #1 with Card on one leg, and now we suddenly can’t handle UTSA?Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t get this negativity. We almost beat #1 with Card on one leg, and now we suddenly can’t handle UTSA?Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

You think Taylor is a shit coach? You think he doesn't know Card can barely toss a fucking football? I guess if we lean heavily on the run game, or Card throws a lot of dink and dunk shit. Maybe you forgot, but Card got us FG's, which isn't going to cut it. 

Do I think we can beat UTSA? Sure. Do I think Card is just going to magically throw the deep ball? No. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Spelling and shit

This is genuinely the maddest about a game I have been since 2015 okie state. The horrific officiating today not only affected the outcome, but was so utterly lopsided and ridiculous that it genuinely calls into question how the game can possibly be allowed to stand to any objective observer. That was so unbelievably bad. 

and this was the same crew as last year’s ou game that just utterly fucked us left and right as well. If our athletic dept doesn’t start doing something about this garbage, I don’t know what else to say. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Well, y'all can probably thank me for the not-horrible game, as I didn't witness a single snap.

Was shocked to see the score tied in the 3rd and listened to the rest on the radio.

I'm not going to call a 1-point loss a moral victory, and Alabama seemed to do its damndest to self-destruct with penalties, but compared to some of the bitchass shit we've put on the field the last few years, I'll take it.

There was also the LSU fool's gold. so, we'll see.

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

My strong disdain for the pay sites... does anyone think there really was a QB battle? Now that you watched this game? 

Just to be fair. After watching Ewers vs ULM, I was not expecting that. I don’t know what Sark did this week, but damn Ewers was a different Qb

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

What is it?
An SC sprain is an injury to the joint where the clavicle (collarbone) meets the sternum (breastbone). These injuries are rare, requiring an accident with a lot of force, such as a tackle in football or rugby. Most SC sprains occur when an athlete is struck on the back or side of the shoulder. Typically, the resulting injury is a sprain, but it is also possible to dislocate the joint. The clavicle can be dislocated forwards or backwards with regards to the sternum. Dislocating the clavicle backwards can be very dangerous, as blood vessels, nerves, the trachea (windpipe), and the esophagus are located behind the clavicle and sternum.

Symptoms
• Shoulder pain • Clavicle or sternal pain • A bump or divot at the site of joint between the clavicle and sternum • More severe symptoms, like difficulty breathing or swallowing, may occur if the clavicle dislocates backwards

Sports Medicine Evaluation & Treatment
Athletes with a suspected SC sprain should be evaluated by a physician. A sports medicine physician will perform a thorough history and physical exam and determine the source of the pain. X-rays may be obtained, but they may not be able to evaluate the full extent of the injury, so further testing like a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) may be necessary. For an SC sprain, treatment may include icing, inflammation and/or pain control with medications like ibuprofen and acetaminophen, and using a sling or a brace. If a dislocation occurs, treatment and its degree of urgency depends on which direction the clavicle is dislocated. If the clavicle dislocates forward, the physician may opt to try and put it back in place, but more often this injury can be adequately treated with a sling or a brace. For a clavicle dislocated backwards, there is a higher likelihood that surgery will be required. This is especially true in cases where an athlete experiences difficulty breathing, and in this case, should be managed as a true emergency.

Injury Prevention
There is nothing specific an athlete can do to prevent an SC sprain. That being said, all athletes should be well trained and conditioned in order to be best prepared for safety and success in the sport of their choosing. Specifically, athletes participating in contact sports would likely benefit from exercises designed to improve shoulder and chest wall strength.

Return to Play
For an SC sprain, most athletes can return to play when their pain is well controlled, and strength and range of motion is normal in the arm on the affected side. Adequate time to allow the supporting tissues of the SC joint is necessary to prevent long-term complications like pain and instability. The exact time period that this will happen varies from person to person, depending partially on the severity of the sprain. Return to play may be accelerated with a structured rehabilitation program.

Did they say it was a SC sprain?  More likely an AC sprain. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You think Taylor is a shit coach? You think he doesn't know Card can barely toss a fucking football? I guess if we lean heavily on the run game, or Card throes a lot of dink and dunk shit. Maybe you forgot, but Card got us FG's, which isn't going to cut it. 

Do I think we can beat UTSA? Sure. Do I think Card is just going to magically throw the deep ball? No. 

I think Nick Saban knew that, and he still almost lost. And that UTSA isn’t Alabama.

And you think we’re gonna roll our Murphy or I guess Wright and *not* rely on the running game and simplifying the game plan? Uh, sure. 

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t get this negativity. We almost beat #1 with Card on one leg, and now we suddenly can’t handle UTSA?

this sounds like the minor key reprise of "We almost beat #6 Oklahoma, no way we lose to Kansas" from last year. Or "We almost beat #1 LSU, no way we lose to Iowa State" from 2019.

Texas will not be back until we beat the teams we're supposed to beat. Full stop. Lose to UTSA or TTU and we're right back where we started.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

This is genuinely the maddest about a game I have been since 2015 okie state. The horrific officiating today not only affected the outcome, but was so utterly lopsided and ridiculous that it genuinely calls into question how the game can possibly be allowed to stand to any objective observer. That was so unbelievably bad. 
and this was the same crew as last year’s ou game that just utterly fucked us left and right as well. If our athletic dept doesn’t start doing something about this garbage, I don’t know what else to say. 

It fucking hurts. The safety the 1st possession no pi, the missed fg at end of 1h, the card, the hurt card, the hurt QE, the missed sack by watts. It fucking hurts.

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You think Taylor is a shit coach? You think he doesn't know Card can barely toss a fucking football? I guess if we lean heavily on the run game, or Card throws a lot of dink and dunk shit. Maybe you forgot, but Card got us FG's, which isn't going to cut it. 

Solid offensive mind. His defenses were trash.

501BDA9F-86D1-444B-BB8C-F900D4188B37.thumb.jpeg.66b005d2c8091541ff565dd736a9100e.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

You just don’t know what the fuck you’re looking at bc you have no vision

You have to be kidding. Ewers was late on almost ever down field look and Texas ran a ton of screens to get him comfortable. His talent was on display, but his ability to get it out today on time was a quantum leap. I thought that may happen in October, I was shocked it happened vs Bama. He is as just awesome. It’s was amazing growth from week 1 to week 2 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2