Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

My mom said “explain to me what happened.” I said “we had a young quarterback that was throwing bombs and leading receivers, then he got hurt and we had to use our backup. Then our backfoot hurt his leg or foot so he was mediocre but we managed to lose in a close game that should have been a win by us with ewers or a blowout by them. Yeah that sack sucked and will haunt him and many of us but this Can be a great building block for us

8 minutes ago, deft said:

We could beat every team for the rest of the season by 3 possessions and they're still not putting us in the CFP.  Sucks but its true 

Ah pretty sure a one loss big 12 team who’s only loss is to Bama definitely goes to the CFP…

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

He's not going to throw them open, and lacks arm strength. But he showed he was a warrior and played through injury.  He is a great stopgap but still needs to slow down mentally.  Ball control and game manager is his upside.  

Slow down mentally after three years on campus? It is long past that time to happen. We cannot afford a game manager this year.

Just now, Droopy said:

Yeah, lots of missed opportunities but still impressed with the team overall, particularly the D. Losing Ewers blew but so did losing Jameson (CB). 🤘🏼Here’s to staying at this level of play the rest of the way and that we get to see #3 play sometime this season. (Exhales first hit of freshly rolled joint, puts his sunglasses back on and MOWS THE FUCKING GRASS.) 😎🤘🏼

This team didn't fold with Ewers going down.  In fact, the team could've hung their heads but instead, the defense played mad.  The offense dropped some balls and missed some opportunities but Texas couldn't recover from two hurt QBs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It was dirty and intentional. 

Absolutely was intentional. I have no doubt Saban called for this all week. Not to do it where it's extremely obvious but if you get a shot like that, you take all your weight and land on Ewers. Flag be damned. There was absolutely no reason for him to have his whole weight to come down on him the way he did.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Slow down mentally after three years on campus? It is long past that time to happen. We cannot afford a game manager this year.

I'm hoping they're getting somebody else ready.  Outside of Maalik, who else has an arm?  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

REFS FUCKED UP... IT WAS A SAFETY

Man. And they tried to call roughing AND targeting bc the refs originally thought the QB was down. When that was so blatantly bullshit they were like “uhhh never mind” but somehow didn’t call grounding. There wasn’t a receiver in the area. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Color me impressive with Gary Patterson on defensive and Hudson Card while injured. We win by a lot with just one healthy QB. I'm not surprised Saban has to knock out Texas QBs to win. Bama never beats Texas starting QBs who get to play the whole game. That was a dirty hit on Quinn, and that asshole should've been ejected. It's why we lost.

Edited by n64ra
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AllenTx75 said:

how come sark never picked a viable 3rd string seasoned QB from the portal ?  he knows QB injuries against Bama are posssible.  to have just a freshman Malik as 3rd string QB is crazy. plenty of good QBs out there at the portal.

Uh, because viable QBs don't transfer to places to be third on the depth chart.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AllenTx75 said:

how come sark never picked a viable 3rd string seasoned QB from the portal ?  he knows QB injuries against Bama are posssible.  to have just a freshman Malik as 3rd string QB is crazy. plenty of good QBs out there at the portal.

You are a absolutely right, the portal is full of good QBs who want to transfer to a school and be 3rd string. JFC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely was intentional. I have no doubt Saban called for this all week. Not to do it where it's extremely obvious but if you get a shot like that, you take all your weight and land on Ewers. Flag be damned. There was absolutely no reason for him to have his whole weight to come down on him the way he did.

Alabama has been a really dirty team the last 5 years or so.  The two guys were twisting Card's legs on his run while the other held him up.  That's why he was hobbling.  If it was an offensive line doing that its a penalty.

Alabama doesn't need to be dirty, but they take lots of cheap shots.

But ultimately, the better team made the plays when they needed to.