aggy @ Miss St SECN

WBT

2 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Band wasn't allowed to "show case" properly

this almost sounds like legit red-ass good-bull speak....  like it's a thing for them like "uncover" or like how they have single words like "stack" and "bonfire" this is instead a word that has been broken in to 2 words.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I am fully convinced Jimbo is pulling a Costanza and trying to get fired so he can go back to Deliverance-Land. Would you rather spend 8-9 years in purgatory (Collie Station) with everyone hating you, or would you rather get fired, collect $90 million right away, and go back to your dream job? That is a no-brainer IMO. He is even on record stating he wants to GTFO. Ha!

image.thumb.png.b7ab0fba4920804027555385ff8a7006.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

I am fully convinced Jimbo is pulling a Costanza and trying to get fired so he can go back to Deliverance-Land. Would you rather spend 8-9 years in purgatory (Collie Station) with everyone hating you, or would you rather get fired, collect $90 million right away, and go back to your dream job? That is a no-brainer IMO. He is even on record stating he wants to GTFO. Ha!

No shit. Either way he gets a fuckton of money and doesn't have to work ever again.  He's already succeeded way beyond whatever bullshit romantic dreams he had when he started.  So why worry about the Aggies?  You want to fire me? Okay. 

God damn they are stupid motherfuckers. You can't explain it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Where is this gem?  Only thing I’ve heard was him when asked about LSU saying he would be the dumbest human alive to leave collie station. 

In a recent interview with Ally Osborne of WDTV5 in Bridgeport, Fisher left the door open to potentially one day lead the Mountaineers.

"You never say never in this business and home is home. West Virginia is always dear to my heart. I love them and I've always rooted for them my whole life. You never say never in this business where it takes you. I'm happy where I'm at and I love where I'm at but home is home."

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/football/jimbo-fisher-to-wvu-never-say-never-home-is-home#:~:text="You never say never in,for them my whole life.

If I'm stupid enough to give a coach two guaranteed 10 year contracts for almost 1/10th of a billion $$, and he basically says he would rather coach somewhere else, I am walking his ass out right now - of course aggy is stupid enough to guarantee that $$, so they can't afford to do that. I really think he wants to get fired so he can collect $90 million AND go back home to Country Roads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

No shit. Either way he gets a fuckton of money and doesn't have to work ever again.  He's already succeeded way beyond whatever bullshit romantic dreams he had when he started.  So why worry about the Aggies?  You want to fire me? Okay. 

God damn they are stupid motherfuckers. You can't explain it. 

This: 

image.thumb.png.c96d1053c9104f8793c19e50de61c9e5.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

No trophies for him to do that with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

344F3DF0-06F5-45C4-919D-EAA5CB4A251A.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Some outstanding analysis from Billy Liucci.  He really knows football   

https://texags.com/s/46641/22-players-in-22-days-9-haynes-king/5

Position: Quarterback
Classification: Redshirt Sophomore
Hometown: Longview, TX
Listed Height: 6’3”
Listed Weight: 205 lbs.

Key notes on Liucci’s thoughts on King

• Too low. Too low. We're going to look back at Haynes King, Max Johnson, Conner Weigman  whoever QB1 is — and Evan Stewart and say we ranked them too low.

• It’s hard to tell. Haynes started two games and finished one. You probably saw him play less than four quarters. If camp ended today and you had a game tomorrow, the starter would be Haynes King. There are still two out of three scrimmages left, and you know how much value Jimbo Fisher puts into that. Haynes has done a good job in camp thus far.

• Haynes is slept on nationally. Three quarters of a guy's first career start, and they jump to way too many conclusions. He won the backup job as a true freshman. That’s hard to do as a true freshman in Jimbo's offense, and then he won the job a year ago. People are sleeping on his ability. He is throwing better than he ever has. He still has the legit 4.45 speed. There are plenty of receivers in this conference that could not compete with him in a foot race.

• Saying A&M wanted no part of Wake Forest in the bowl game is laughable. Haynes and Devon Achane would have combined for 500 yards against that Wake Forest defense, maybe 600 yards. The narrative would have been different if they had played that game. We’ve really only seen him in his first career start and two drives on his second. My question is how high can they go in the QB rankings? If the starter, I think Haynes has top-five potential.

• Whoever is QB2, he will be as good as a backup as anyone in the league. Who is everyone talking about? Last year was Bryce Young’s first year as a starter. It was KJ Jefferson’s first year as a starter. It's what they did in year one that makes people excited. Why would fans assume that King can’t have a big-time year in year one as a starter? The reason all the guys are ranked highly is because they kicked butt as a first-year starter. Haynes can really thrive as a runner and a passer.

• King has been through two true quarterback battles. One battle for a backup job. That leg injury made him really hungry. He wanted this chance for three years. The coaches came to him about Max Johnson, and he said, “Yes, we need him.” Haynes knows that Max could have beat him out. Max nor Haynes are going to sit back and think they have anything locked up. Haynes is ready to get out there and has the most experience in the system. The injury he had ripped away his year from him. He was throwing passes on one leg. You couldn’t keep him in the barn.

A&M is king of winning hypothetical matchups. 

Wake would have kicked their asses.  

Haynes “won the backup job” instead of lost the starting gig. Did aggy win second place against state today?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Haynes “won the backup job” instead of lost the starting gig. Did aggy win second place against state today?

I thought "back up job" is when Looch pulls his pants down and puts his ass against the glory hole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Screenshot_20221001-225040_Kiwi Browser.jpg

I am always thankful that they're too fucking stupid to realize that it's because they constantly deify their current coaching staff. Their incessant bleating to anyone who will listen that their coach and his staff are the greatest in all the land eventually convinces themselves and more importantly convinces their administration that they should extend the current A&M Head God Coach.

As I said in another thread, we have heard nonstop since RC Slocum roamed their sideline that their coach recruits better, develops better, and coaches better than whoever Texas or anyone else has. Those idiots asking why their school athletics program does idiotic things are themselves the idiots responsible.

But they'll never figure it out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

As I said in another thread, we have heard nonstop since RC Slocum roamed their sideline that their coach recruits better, develops better, and coaches better than whoever Texas or anyone else has. Those idiots asking why their school athletics program does idiotic things are themselves the idiots responsible.

But the rumors that RC's wife threw a loaded suitcase on the practice field after discovering RC had been cheating are just that, rumors.

Every single budget media outlet that isn't following A&M as a matter of course is missing out on a ratings bonanza that Duck Dynasty, Tiger Whatever, and My Fat Swapper Wife could only hope to realize.  

This may have been covered during the game, but am I the only one that noticed both Johnson and King doing that “don’t set your feet”/jump pass type thing from that drill we’ve all laughed at numerous times during the game? I would almost say it was a consistent thing, and I’m pretty sure I saw at least 2 ints and several other poorly thrown balls because of it 

3 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

This may have been covered during the game, but am I the only one that noticed both Johnson and King doing that “don’t set your feet”/jump pass type thing from that drill we’ve all laughed at numerous times during the game? I would almost say it was a consistent thing, and I’m pretty sure I saw at least 2 ints and several other poorly thrown balls because of it 

I'm not convinced Johnson is better than King. To be fair, they both suck so it doesn't really matter. 

I would take Card over both of them which is kind of incredible. 

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

The first couple minutes of his opening statement is vintage Jimbo Boomhauer. this dude is a f'n clown. I love it. 

I didn't understand anything Jimbo said.  He talks like that dude from Slingblade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davis Lane said:

This gets me every time.

Screen_Shot_2018_02_28_at_5.14.34_PM.png

Me too. And it was a completely classless (or aggy) move. The event was to celebrate A&M-Commerce winning the national championship for D3 or whichever level. Then they bring out Jimbo and completely overshadow the celebration. The A&M-Commerce coach and team should have been furious. Such a pathetic display.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1