Wulaw Horn

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is the worst OU team we will have played in almost 20 years. They are gonna be rolling without like 5 starters and their backup qb. If we dont win by double digits, Sark needs to be fired

Reminds me of the ‘98 Sooners with the “classy” John Blake as coach

31 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

my view is there are 4 paths:

lose and go 3-9 or better

lose and go 7-5

win and go 7-5

win and go 8-4 or better

parcells

So, literally anything can happen, regardless of the outcome on Saturday in the Cotton Bowl. Cool, thanks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to the game for the first time with non-student seats. (Graduated a year ago) I typically would go into the stadium around 10 am to make sure no one stole my seat. What time do yall recommend getting in line to go in for Upper Deck seats? I want to catch the bands before the game and players coming onto the field. 

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If this ball bag all gas no brakes was ever going to live up to this it’s this week. All starters in to the final gun running 5 wide truly all gas 65 points plus 

but it will likely be a 4 point win 

Any kind of win over OU after the last three heart breakers would be a relief.

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Any kind of win over OU after the last three heart breakers would be a relief.

i feel better about our chances here simply because in this game no one has irrational expectations

i also feel terrible about our chances because we have yet to see sark put a sword to someone and then finish them off ruthlessly, medievially

PSA - anyone with eligibility left and a 2.5 GPA at OU (UT equivalent GPA = .00001 - slightly better than Bluto) - this is your big chance. DirtBurglars freaking out b/c tryouts not supposed to happen mid-season and they think coaches are panicking. Got some eligibility left and should be easy qualifying GPA-wise since our neighbor's daughter transferred out of OU because she said Blow U is, quote - "easier than my high school" (true story). Who's in with me?

image.thumb.png.19c31f31ba60a0229b79dc76a5da0794.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Rip to your blocked up colon 

it's ok, i have coffee

of course now I'm sitting in an easy chair in my driveway.

We had to move a bunch of shit from my FIL's (RIP, Zhengxu, you magnificent and beautiful man) so we could rent the place out and haven't found a place for everything yet... but I may not move this chair now.

Neighbors walked by laughing at me. Now I know for a fact her Mom's a sooner, so I yelled back, "You've got family in Oklahoma, don't act like this is anything new to you!"

20221002_160942.thumb.jpg.044fb21c3c9233972e9801763347e109.jpg

that's the Subie with the 4THAND5 license plate on my right there

ok, time to go OD on aggy misery

ou sucks

Edited by Rimbo
grammar, because unlike ou, we are actually educated
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

the season goes one of two ways at this point.  the rrs will determine which direction it goes.

At this point I only think this is true of a loss. That would be a disaster and effectively end the season. 

A win over this OU team is not a guarantee of good things to come in the second half of the year. Texas has to go on the road - where they've been abjectly terrible under Sark, and Sark himself has been abjectly terrible his whole career - three more times against teams that are a combined 13-1. Still have a TCU team that just ran OU off the field and the defending conference champion Baylor at home. Iowa State's defense is legit and that could be a trap game after a cathartic OU win.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I'm going to the game for the first time with non-student seats. (Graduated a year ago) I typically would go into the stadium around 10 am to make sure no one stole my seat. What time do yall recommend getting in line to go in for Upper Deck seats? I want to catch the bands before the game and players coming onto the field. 

We've always sat upper deck, have had no issue getting there right before kick.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

PSA - anyone with eligibility left and a 2.5 GPA at OU (UT equivalent GPA = .00001 - slightly better than Bluto) - this is your big chance. DirtBurglars freaking out b/c tryouts not supposed to happen mid-season and they think coaches are panicking. Got some eligibility left and should be easy qualifying GPA-wise since our neighbor's daughter transferred out of OU because she said Blow U is, quote - "easier than my high school" (true story). Who's in with me?

image.thumb.png.19c31f31ba60a0229b79dc76a5da0794.png

Damn, TCU worked that ass so bad, they don't have enough players to practice now?

6 hours ago, Tex48 said:

I heard last year it was a shit show trying to time kickoff.  I typically go in about 10:15 or so and grab some beers for first half before lines get insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

It has likely been discussed above, I didn’t read all the posts.

Sark knows that Brent is a bad coach and this is above him from going from a d coordinator to coach.

Hell I know Brent is a bad coach and you reading this does as well.

Do your thing sark. Don’t lose to this tard who can’t beat off. Win this game and you automatically get one more year.

OU sucks

12 hours ago, Tex48 said:

For upper deck seats like what I have, go into the stadium around 10:30-10:45 and you'll be okay. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Question for RRR veterans.  Have to park nearby since I need to leave immediately after the game to get out of town so I can't park remotely and take the DART.   Is getting on site parking a huge problem?   Do I need to buy something in advanced or can I just drive up and find something if I am willing to pay?

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

Question for RRR veterans.  Have to park nearby since I need to leave immediately after the game to get out of town so I can't park remotely and take the DART.   Is getting on site parking a huge problem?   Do I need to buy something in advanced or can I just drive up and find something if I am willing to pay?

Can find parking nearby in one of the lots near Fair Park if you get there early enough. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

When is the last time going into a RRS game that OU fans assumed that OU will get blown out? LonghornFrenzy posted screenshots from the OU247 forum on Twitter & it seems OU fans expect UT to curbstomp OU in the game.

I'm pretty sure even in 2005 that OU fans weren't expecting to be blown out.

I remember having great time in 2013. My brother-in-law was at his first Texas-OU game and right before kick-off it was loud. I asked him can you feel that energy? Yes, and this side expects to lose. I guess what I am saying the place will be rocking by game time and the fans that expect to lose will pour their souls into the game because that is what makes this game great. They will lose though.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Best to park in one of the lots on the street / in someone's yard if you want the easiest access getting out.  Parking in the Fair lots gets you buried in cars trying to get out. 

But be advised that even parking in one of the street lots you're still going to have lines of traffic trying to on the side streets. There really isn't any quick getaway, unless you leave the game pretty early. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Best to park in one of the lots on the street / in someone's yard if you want the easiest access getting out.  Parking in the Fair lots gets you buried in cars trying to get out. 

But be advised that even parking in one of the street lots you're still going to have lines of traffic trying to on the side streets. There really isn't any quick getaway, unless you leave the game pretty early. 

This and more. Or take the Dart rail since it'll drop you off right in front of the fair. 

Humblebrag: I get a media parking pass so I don't have to worry about finding parking or paying for it.

You'll definitely wanna get there before sun up. The when the parking gates open, find a spot and drink in the parking lot. 

Also, why would you want to leave immediately? Win or lose you have the fair with all the fried foods, beer tent and crackhead carnies to keep you entertained all afternoon. I for one hit up the car show after the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I remember having great time in 2013. My brother-in-law was at his first Texas-OU game and right before kick-off it was loud. I asked him can you feel that energy? Yes, and this side expects to lose. I guess what I am saying the place will be rocking by game time and the fans that expect to lose will pour their souls into the game because that is what makes this game great. They will lose though.

I remember OU fans, despite ranked #20, weren't really thinking they'd have a good chance in 2009.  Texas was undefeated at #3 and OU had already lost to BYU and Miami, falling from #3 to #20.  Especially when Bradford got injured in game 1.

Boy that was an ass-clenching win. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Oh shit you right. I'm tripping. 10:30 the latest. I went in around that time last year and still saw both bands pregame shows. Didn't miss any of the game. 

There have been a few times I've gotten caught up in the mass of humanity entering the stadium and almost missed kickoff. Wherever I am at the fair around 10 or so I grab another couple of beers and start walking towards the stadium. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I remember OU fans, despite ranked #20, weren't really thinking they'd have a good chance in 2009.  Texas was undefeated at #3 and OU had already lost to BYU and Miami, falling from #3 to #20.  Especially when Bradford got injured in game 1.

Boy that was an ass-clenching win. 

Despite Colt McCoy's play that season, our offense took a step back in 2009 from 2008, and was pretty subpar in that game.  Muschamp's defense, the Bradford injury, and a Colt McCoy tackle preventing a pick-6, helped us squeak out a win that day.

The last Texas/OU game I attended was in 2010, so that 2009 game is the last win of the series I've seen live.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Despite Colt McCoy's play that season, our offense took a step back in 2009 from 2008, and was pretty subpar in that game.  Muschamp's defense, the Bradford injury, and a Colt McCoy tackle preventing a pick-6, helped us squeak out a win that day.

Defense bailed us out. Colt played sloppy that day. Honestly we could have beat them 23 or 26 to 13 instead of only by a FG. 

31 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

This and more. Or take the Dart rail since it'll drop you off right in front of the fair. 

Humblebrag: I get a media parking pass so I don't have to worry about finding parking or paying for it.

You'll definitely wanna get there before sun up. The when the parking gates open, find a spot and drink in the parking lot. 

Also, why would you want to leave immediately? Win or lose you have the fair with all the fried foods, beer tent and crackhead carnies to keep you entertained all afternoon. I for one hit up the car show after the game. 

Thanks for info.  I gotta catch a flight and will have a rental car.  Is taking Dart a disaster trying to get out after the game? 

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

Thanks for info.  I gotta catch a flight and will have a rental car.  Is taking Dart a disaster trying to get out after the game? 

In my experience, DART has been smooth and reliable.  It was only bad in 2009, which was the first year they started running it for this game.  But now they have it streamlined-- the trains run on a special event schedule and are pretty constant.  Even with large crowds of people, they move out pretty quickly.  If you go to the train right after the game, you should be able to get on a train within 15 minutes of exiting the cotton bowl.  For reference, I've been taking DART every year for the past decade. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

The Sooner staff, which inspired such revelry and optimism since Brent Venables was hired 10 months ago, seems not defeated but deflated. This rebuilding job is a much bigger project than anyone knew. 

The talent is substandard, the scheme doesn’t fit this roster and there’s not a for-sure victory on the remaining schedule. Suddenly, bowl eligibility seems a stretch. 

• Hook 'Em 2