#3 Bama at #6 Tennessee, Saturday Oct 15th @ 2:30pm CT on CBS

LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Now Gary Daniels describing the zone read and exclaiming that the QB can run it.....  (as if he just saw the play type for the first time in his life)

like the zone read hasnt been around for 20 fucking years.

Danielson should have been put out to pasture 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

so you can lead with the helmet to helmet as long as your shoulder hits too? huh

From what I’ve seen in other games you can lead with your shoulder, make first contact with the other player’s shoulder, but if the side of your helmet then happens to make contact with the side of his helmet, that’s not incidental contact. It’s targeting and you’re ejected.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I could care less who wins this but that was text book targeting.  Not even close so I don’t understand how that is not called.

yea, crown of helmet to facemask on a stationary target, like you said, textbook.

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Sometimes. Depends. This was targeting, as Fields was running in the open field, and went to spin. 

spacer.png

yea, that was about as bad a call as there can be

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lol. No foul for targeting. I’ve seen a hundred plays with less call for targeting get called as targeting. 

This is baffling to me, Overshown misses the first half of the Tech game and this isn’t a foul. The infuriating thing is that no one ever has to answer for it. I’m all for protecting players but fuck this stupid ass rule in its current form. The head of officiating for each conference should be forced into a weekly press conference every week to try to defend this horseshit.

Just now, SuckitKevin said:

This is baffling to me, Overshown misses the first half of the Tech game and this isn’t a foul. The infuriating thing is that no one ever has to answer for it. I’m all for protecting players but fuck this stupid ass rule in its current form. The head of officiating for each conference should be forced into a weekly press conference every week to try to defend this horseshit.

I wish I had access to a large digital video database of college football games and could compile a comparison of all the targeting and non-targeting calls, the ones called on the field and waved off, the ones not called on the field but initiated by booth review, etc. There’s no consistency whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

there should be audio of the refs reviewing the play, these fuckers are talking about their post game meal or some shit.

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I wish I had access to a large digital video database of college football games and could compile a comparison of all the targeting and non-targeting calls, the ones called on the field and waved off, the ones not called on the field but initiated by booth review, etc. There’s no consistency whatsoever.

Football is a dangerous game, I think they should just remove the targeting rule and let kids make the choice.  MMA and Boxing still exist.