Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

6 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

That's true, it was a complete backend failure. What I noticed the most was safeties crashing at the wrong time and the corners that were in getting crossed up on slant routes. There's a lot to clean up back there 

Terry Joseph sucks

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I do agree in general that RoJo should probably be getting the ball on the goal line. But no, you would not see me calling for this team to try a very strongly telegraphed interior run out of a jumbo set against a superior defensive front after they just got stuffed running inside on second and short. If Ewers took a sack I'd say you can't do that, have to throw it away. If an OL held I'd say you cannot commit a penalty there; but those aren't play calling issues.

I am pretty sure Sark was thinking m, I have 2 downs to make 2 yards. Let’s save the pass for 4th and try to push it in on 3rd. 

I do miss the Rojo sneak from last year. I hope Sark brings it back 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Doesn't matter. Because on review it was clearly a fumble and that it wasn't targeting. Anyone who calls that targeting after review needs their eyes examined or a profuse bitch slapping for their bias.

Yeah even RGIII admitted it was a clean hit after looking at it.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Codaxx said:

I am pretty sure Sark was thinking m, I have 2 downs to make 2 yards. Let’s save the pass for 4th and try to push it in on 3rd. 

I do miss the Rojo sneak from last year. I hope Sark brings it back 

And again, I see that logic. It's not the run in general, you just can't expect Texas to line up jumbo vs jumbo against the best defense they'll play all year, who is anticipating your exact play call, and expect it to go well. The OL isn't on that level and he should know that at this point. 

Feel like a broken record so I'm going to call it a day on this point.

41 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Sark is a good play caller but he has important spots in games where he calls stuff he can’t call given the situation. If he would fix that leak in his game we wouldn’t have to worry about our defense.

Throwing deep in 4th and 3 at the 40 in that situation is something you can’t do. Yeah he got the best case in. Wide open receiver but still have to make the throw and make the catch. And that throw is not Ewer’s strong suit. You just can’t risk not getting the first down there by calling a low percentage play. You do that play on 3rd and short when you know you can go for it on 4th.

But if you are going to call that play, you have to drill in your QB’s head that you don’t care if it is an INT. You HAVE to throw the ball where your WR can try and make a play on it. It’s not the time to make a perfect pass where only your guy has a chance. It’s 4th down, an INT down there is better than an incompletion. Just throw it up.

Is this the play that hit Casey Cain in the hands? I can’t remember.  If so, Sark dialed up a play where the WR is wide open and QB throws it on the money and the WR simply bobbles and drops it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Hey bro- Brown skin older guy here. You are going on about pussy you hope to have to guys who've already had more pussy than you. It's like bragging about one day being rich to guys who worry about capital gains all day long. That's some weirdo type shit. And while I may be older, my dick is still just as big as it was when I was your age young fella. Young girls like older guys too. 

he's rich? Thought he worked at McDonalds

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

And again, I see that logic. It's not the run in general, you just can't expect Texas to line up jumbo vs jumbo against the best defense they'll play all year, who is anticipating your exact play call, and expect it to go well. The OL isn't on that level and he should know that at this point. 

Feel like a broken record so I'm going to call it a day on this point.

By the way, I thought the OL played one of their best games. That last scoring drive was probably the best they looked all year. Short yardage wasn’t great, but most the drive they opened holes. It wasn’t Bijan doing Bijan things 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

By the way, I thought the OL played one of their best games. That last scoring drive was probably the best they looked all year. Short yardage wasn’t great, but most the drive they opened holes. It wasn’t Bijan doing Bijan things 

They started off shaky as hell. I think after the first quarter we had -16 yards on the ground. After that though they started mauling fools and it was glorious 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Actually, isu played like shit and gave the game away (well, and the refs).

We made our share of mistakes as well. Dropping balls and blowing coverages. Missing field goals. But today we made less fuckups than they did. That's football.

As for the refs, I don't know it looks like they made the right call to me. Nobody hit the QB in the head, the ball seemed to be moving right before his knee the ground. Either way it was super close, hardly some huge blown call.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

They started off shaky as hell. I think after the first quarter we had -16 yards on the ground. After that though they started mauling fools and it was glorious 

It’s a work in progress. Just nice that when Texas needed it, the OL played solid. Tip the hat to Sark for running unbalanced formations to open things up. Bijan did Bijan things most of the game, but 200 yards rushing vs that defense is solid work 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

Texas should have a numbers advantage in the run game against Oklahoma State because their weakness is pass defense. 

They're just daring TCU to beat them in the run game. Texas needs to feed Bijan and Roschon until Oklahoma State decides to bring numbers inside. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Iowa State has lost a few games just barely. I totally get his frustration. No big deal. He was cool with Sark with the post game hand shake.

Feel like they're going to end up one of those teams that manages to lose 7 conference games by 18 points or something like that.

I may seem fairly negative on my last few posts but I do want to say, this game is a Texas loss last year, and the fact that they could make more plays, the critical plays, when they mattered most is a testament to the culture that's so obviously oozing out of this team and I love the 'let ya nuts hang' attitude we've shown so far 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Is this the play that hit Casey Cain in the hands? I can’t remember.  If so, Sark dialed up a play where the WR is wide open and QB throws it on the money and the WR simply bobbles and drops it.  

no. i believe that was a first down play. it was one where Ewers threw the ball out of bounds. we were down 7-0. gave the ball to ISU at their 40. If not for our INT in the end zone we very well could have lost the game because of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

After being spoiled by the incredibly good DB techniques of players coached by Akina, it does raise questions about Joseph’s coaching ability. Although it was nice to see several times that ISU receivers were tackled immediately after catching a ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Any games where Texas is the overwhelming favorite will be close. Any games where they are overmatched on paper, or predicted to lose, Quinn Ewers will show up and Texas will let their dicks hang. It has been decreed.

Evidently. I predicted blowout figuring if Robinson was rolling then eventually ISU would get tired and Ewers would air it out more and I was wrong wrong wrong. Still the team with the most points gets the W so keep moving forward.

For all the gripe about the inside run on 3rd down, I was more upset with the "misdirection" handoff to Bijan to the left (short) side on 1st down(?). Sure, we ran that same play last week vs ou for a TD, but that just meant ISU was ready for it and they stopped it. When I saw the formation I was thinking, "Don't run Bijan to the short side. It's not going to work this time." And it didn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Iowa State had beaten us three years in a row on almost this exact way. I don't why anybody would think this team was a gimme. They match up well with us clearly for whatever reason. I was so relieved this game was at home.

I haven’t thought any non-Kansas B12 game was a gimme since 2009 but shit. This Iowa State team had only scored one touchdown in the previous two games. They do not have Brock Purdy. They don’t have Breece Hall or Charlie Kolar.  This is NOT Iowa State from the previous three years. Shit, this ain’t even Iowa State from the previous 7-8 years. From my vantage point I’m not in the mood to pass out orange slices and juice boxes after a three point win to this year’s Iowa State team.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why did Austin Jordan, a fairly speedy track guy, look so slow on that TD he gave up to Noel, who’s not that fast? That was weird. 

Jordan was recruited and I believe there were questions about if he would stay at CB, because of his speed.I thought in the Texas Homer preview he said Noel was a sub-11 100 guy in HS