Coach Sark Press Conference 10.17 - 11:00am LHN

BigOrange1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Well, it makes me feel better we waited a season and a half for that. 

You can have a come to Jesus meeting all you want, but we don't have a single DB who can cover in a fucking phone booth much less an open field. We are doing all we can I'm pretty sure, but keep beating that dead horse I reckon. lol 

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You can have a come to Jesus meeting all you want, but we don't have a single DB who can cover in a fucking phone booth much less an open field. We are doing all we can I'm pretty sure, but keep beating that dead horse I reckon. lol 

Then Sark needs to stop saying stupid shit like that .  

30 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

My guess is the message was something along the lines of "What we are doing is not going to work with the personnel we have.  Find something different that will."

Otherwise, what's the point?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

someone finally asks about all the 3rd down conversions the defense is allowing.

Sark says they had a "come to Jesus" meeting this morning.  "We've gotta play better."

So now we don’t have a fuckin prayer of stopping them on 3rd down Saturday? Why in the fuck would he use it on Monday instead of saving it for the weekend. Prayer and timeout management is just upper echelon levels of incompetence 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

someone finally asks about all the 3rd down conversions the defense is allowing.

Sark says they had a "come to Jesus" meeting this morning.  "We've gotta play better."

Well Sark after the Texas Tech game had already said they had to play tighter coverage to play well on defense. They did not do that this game and reverted to form. Was it the injury or is it a dysfunctional staff in which each coach is doing their own thing and failing to get in sync or is it PK or is it Sark not giving one guy all the power to succeed or fail. Whatever it is he is not getting his staff to stay on track with what he has publicly said several times this year that he wants to see happen. This is just the nth time he has said he is telling his staff to get what he wants done to happen because it is not happening.

2 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Is “Come to Jesus meeting” code for he told PK to tighten it the fuck up or your ass is gone?

Not a chance. I wish, but no way. 

The 3rd/4th down conversion rate is 100% on coaching. We have some schematic failure and an apparent stubbornness not to change things up 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

With Pole Assassin's monkey standing next to him doing the sign language interpretion. 

I feel like we have not received enough monkey content this season.  What’s the point of having  a coach with a former stripper girlfriend with a pet monkey if we don’t get to see the monkey on a consistent basis?  I get that our TE room is in great shape, we’re blocking punts, and he’s an elite recruiter, but I need more monkey.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I feel like we have not received enough monkey content this season.  What’s the point of having  a coach with a former stripper girlfriend with a pet monkey if we don’t get to see the monkey on a consistent basis?  I get that our TE room is in great shape, we’re blocking punts, and he’s an elite recruiter, but I need more monkey.

That whole attacking a kid thing really put a damper on the monkey business.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The come to jesus meeting was a response to a questions about rat poison, not 3rd down conversions.

His answer to 3rd down conversions was about how guys weren't playing the correct coverage several times, they jumped offsides on 2, and then got out of their rush lanes on the Dekkers scramble.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m hoping they eventually set up a cage in the opposing team’s locker room at DKR. Maybe even leave it unlocked on game days to increase the fun. Give that little fucker some caffeine and see what happens. 

Again, I think Sark is spending too much time OCing and not enough time HCing. It's stupid - he already has all the rep as O Genius anyone could need. Either make Milwee OC or find someone else whom you want to mentor into OCness  and go that way... but either way, start paying some fucking attention to the DC and his role. Your job is to tell the DC what you want the D to do. As an O guy, you let the DC do it. If he can't, or won't, shitcan his ass and find someone who can and will.

I was really hopeful that Patterson would be teaching PK, but that doesn't appear to be working. Maybe the Bama and 0U games had a lot of Patterson D-work - sure seemed like - but Tech and ISU, not so much. 

I agree with those who believe Patterson doesn't want the job, but at this point, I think I'd ask him to interim and find the right guy while he's at it. Maybe this is on Del Conte to step in and teach the HC how to CEO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Again, I think Sark is spending too much time OCing and not enough time HCing. It's stupid - he already has all the rep as O Genius anyone could need. Either make Milwee OC or find someone else whom you want to mentor into OCness  and go that way... but either way, start paying some fucking attention to the DC and his role.

It would be really stupid to ask him to hire an OC or hand over playcalling duties considering one of the main reasons he was hired was his playcalling. Also..."he has all the reps as an offensive genius anyone could need"??? What is that supposed to mean? He should just strictly sit in defensive meetings the whole week and then be handed the offensive playsheet on gameday?

You don't think he's telling the DC what he wants? He's the head coach of the program. You think he is answering to PK?

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

My guess is the message was something along the lines of "What we are doing is not going to work with the personnel we have.  Find something different that will."

Otherwise, what's the point?

PK:  Got it boss.  How about our offense score a touchdown on every possession we have?  We make sure that our offense gets the ball last so that we score a touchdown to win the game, just in case.  Here’s the key, our special teams gets a blocked punt or fumble recovery on a punt or kick off to put our offense in a position to score a touchdown to give us a cushion for the win.  Because, let’s face it, I don’t have an answer on how to stop opposing offenses on third or fourth down.