What level of violence would you inflict?

Superhero

So internet tough guys... how far would you go to torture, maim, kill something or someone.

On the Iran thread over in DT, I said the protestors should slit some throats. That's all internet bravado and shit, but honestly I can't see myself doing more than just beating a guy with a stick (not even a bat).

Maybe I'm a pussy or just civilized. But wondering how far you would take it if you had someone's life in your hands.

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

So internet tough guys... how far would you go to torture, maim, kill something or someone.

On the Iran thread over in DT, I said the protestors should slit some throats. That's all internet bravado and shit, but honestly I can't see myself doing more than just beating a guy with a stick (not even a bat).

Maybe I'm a pussy or just civilized. But wondering how far you would take it if you had someone's life in your hands.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Superhero said:

Nice try cop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Superhero said:

Planning your next retreat with the Seattle office, are ya?

• Haha 4

Prosecutor (handing me a paper): "Mr. Newdoc, You say you don't have a predilection for violence but I would like you to read this following post to the jury. It comes from a nefarious website called surlyhorns.com on a thread titled 'What level of violence would you inflict'."

• Haha 7

I’ve said it a milllion times but I know I could beat the shit out of MLB center fielder Myles Straw. He’s smaller than me and not a combat sport athlete but for whatever reason no one thinks I’d have a chance. If I saw him out in public obviously I wouldn’t start anything but if he ever stepped to me I’d have no qualms about throwing down. Would never try to kill him though to answer OP.

OK, I'll play...this question tickles my inner Viking.

I couldn't kill or torture anyone who hasn't wronged me or one of my loved ones, but I would have no trouble killing an enemy in a war zone situation in whatever way I had to.

But that's not what I think you are asking.

I recently had some thieves fuck up my plow truck.  I had visions of hanging them by their ankles and playing pinata with a baseball bat, making it last as long as I could before I finally killed them with a head shot.

Also, if anyone ever harmed or killed my wife I would gladly skin them alive in front of their children.

There's a reason I live in the woods. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, slorch said:

I'd just put them in a room and play Boomer Sooner and the aggy war hymn on a device  nonstop  until they begged for death.

Euthanasia...backdoor.

Or make them watch texas tech football

1 hour ago, mooseoutfront said:

I couldn't kill or torture anyone who hasn't wronged me or one of my loved ones, but I would have no trouble killing an enemy in a war zone situation in whatever way I had to.

I recently had some thieves fuck up my plow truck.  I had visions of hanging them by their ankles and playing pinata with a baseball bat, making it last as long as I could before I finally killed them with a head shot.

Also, if anyone ever harmed or killed my wife I would gladly skin them alive in front of their children.

image.gif.4d6734b7c002fbdfa614cb06e906a52c.gif

• Haha 1

There's no way to know what one is capable of until their life or that of a loved one is on the line.

I was in a fight a loooong time ago that I knew would end with me dead if I didn't completely destroy the other guy.

I watched the news and checked on line for days for reports of what happened. 

Never saw a thing so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

mood GIF

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

C6CAAF69-4794-4161-9DAD-AC9BB578AF39.gif.929226fcf0c8743dd700545c9e848259.gif

I think like this but comes out like this .

F4DA0538-7D97-4627-88B9-713FBEFFDFEC.thumb.jpeg.802b1fe15509ab47f862c73759fd8a10.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 11/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, MissingInAction said:

There's no way to know what one is capable of until their life or that of a loved one is on the line.

1234.  Sometimes you’ll be shaking when it’s over, scared that you could have been the one to die, and other times you’ll feel so incredibly alive and in the moment, and wishing that it had lasted a little longer.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:35 AM, Superhero said:

Depends on the situation:

• I think I could throw the switch on someone like Manson or Dahmer and not really think twice about it,
  • If put in a violent situation I think I would respond to the level of danger requires, 
  • None of this includes property crimes.  No reason to get too worked up about that; just call the cops

But you never know until it happens.

On 11/4/2022 at 6:12 PM, Superhero said:

Let’s say that you caught some guy who really really hurt your family member. 

assuming I could get away with it (I have a daughter so I would like to not be in prison), I could probably kill somebody like that, but I don't think I would be able to actually torture someone.