Dumbo - Tim Burton

smuggs

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I going to be scared as shit with the acid trip scene again like I was when I was little?

It’s burton, so yes. 

Although, I don’t recall the boat scene in Willy wonka being nearly as... intense...as the original. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

On 6/13/2018 at 8:21 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

Is Burton allowed to make a film not featuring Depp or the fight club chick?  Not a fan of the Disney princess live action remakes because their stories are boring, of course my 7 year old daughter says tough shit Dad now go buy me some popcorn. 

these complaints don't seem super applicable on this one.

Imagine it Tim; nobody could rip on you for all the rehashed movies you've made lately. There'd never be a TV show that pointed out that you have never had an original idea since Beetlejuice. And, you put Johnny Depp and all the same crappy music in every film. And if you're that in love with Johnny Depp, then you should just have sex with him already. A TV show could never say that!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 1:21 PM, SpiralOut said:

As long as we get the psychedelic scene after Dumbo falls in the booze barrel, I'm in.  Fucking nuts the shit Disney used to put into their kids films back in the day.

Ok just saw this with the family. They actually did a version of this scene in what I thought was a pretty cool way. 

Also, the visuals were great from start to finish. 

They threw some girl power in there, but it didn’t take away from the story as far as I am concerned. 

It’s not scary, but with Burton’s style and some of the music behind it, I’m sure there’s a couple of scenes that feel a little nerve racking to kids.