Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

31 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He can’t until the charges are officially dropped. She has all of the leverage 

The State brought those charges upon Beard, via Travis County intake DA.  That same DA can very easily pass this onto an indictment before the District's prosecutor even bothers to open up the file and examine evidence.  Beard could be spending $5000 on preparing a Grand Jury packet right now, no promise that it will even make a shit of difference, and once indicted, could stretch things out another year until the prosecution has time enough to schedule settings.

She has no leverage unless she's withholding some evidence or offers an alibi contrary to material already turned over to the District prosecution*.  He very likely has advice from his counsel to avoid all contact and communications with her until this blows over.  

Edit *assuming the PC affidavit isn't also flawed, which wouldn't be contested until the intake DA decides to take this to the GJ anyhow

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Honestly, I’d question if Texas would give a fuck if the shoe were on the other foot. We don’t know how all this ends up. But if Beard appears to be completely exonerated  and he handles the PR aspects better than he has without the consequences of the legal system hanging over his head - which I feel like he will - then there’s going to be a redemptive aspect to all of this that will be very appealing to many. Especially if you’re starved for a future hall of fame coach (my opinion) to take over your basketball program. Which frankly, we are. 

That’s not to say I’m against firing him. It felt necessary to me. Just that there’s a different standard for the school he’s at when it all transpires, versus the next school after everything has run its course. 

There’s this impression he’s only going to get his next opportunity at a program that simply doesn’t care about any of this, when I feel like his options are going to be extremely broad. 

Of course, if the Kentucky job becomes available, then it’s the best of all possible worlds for him.

I don't see "complete exoneration" here. That would be they got the wrong guy, or she beat herself up, or she went after him with a weapon and his actions were to disarm her. Didn't her own statement not deny a mutual fight but basically say that she started it by breaking his glasses? "She started it" isn't much of a legal defense, and certainly not in the court of public opinion. I think it's pretty well understood now that not being charged in this situation is not exoneration, it's a typical story of a woman recanting for a lot of reasons and a prosecutor faced with a tough decision to move forward without the key witness. They do sometimes, but not always.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Regardless, this is going to be one hell of an ESPN 30 for 30 

McKelvey-like stories are made for 30/30 treatment but in Beard's case he simply beat up a woman and got fired. There may be intrigue in the details for people interested in Texas basketball but beyond that, not really. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

The State brought those charges upon Beard, via Travis County intake DA.  That same DA can very easily pass this onto an indictment before the District's prosecutor even bothers to open up the file and examine evidence.  Beard could be spending $5000 on preparing a Grand Jury packet right now, no promise that it will even make a shit of difference, and once indicted, could stretch things out another year until the prosecution has time enough to schedule settings.

She has no leverage unless she's withholding some evidence or offers an alibi contrary to material already turned over to the District prosecution*.  He very likely has advice from his counsel to avoid all contact and communications with her until this blows over.  

Edit *assuming the PC affidavit isn't also flawed, which wouldn't be contested until the intake DA decides to take this to the GJ anyhow

Edited..misread

I guess that could negate a threat to testify against him and leave only a PR tour and/or civil suit as leverage. 

Her willingness to testify against him would be important to any decision to seek an indictment. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

Regardless, this is going to be one hell of an ESPN 30 for 30 

“What if I told you the biggest impediment to ‘getting to Monday night’ was an early Monday morning in Tarrytown? How a turbulent engagement brought an abrupt end to a seemingly storybook marriage. ‘Being a head coach at the University of Texas is about more than winning games.’ This is Defending the Culture: the Chris Beard, Texas Basketball story.” 🎶Do doo do🎶

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2023 at 5:31 PM, ATXbronco said:

Ol Miss made me wonder

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/domestic-violence-by-state

Violence against Women - ranked by state

Guess who's at the top of the list

image.thumb.png.07dc3b574196a01b02482d6e9df033f9.png

Violence against the Chris Beards of the world - ranked by state

image.thumb.png.fc0534a3900214796d19a4e530a4e5cd.png

There’s only 5 women in Alaska.  So 2 out of 5 is not too bad.  

12 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Which room is the "guest room" exactly?

I’m just guessing here but I think this is it bc it has a tv…that’s my best guess. This is the site of the glasses incident imo. It also has a plug in fan. It’s gotta be it. The other two look more like they are for his kids/daughters. 

4190E2FC-CB2B-4958-9A90-700B15976DC6.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don’t see that house going for anything close to $4.9 million. The Austin market has cooled considerably. While Tarrytown is a very desirable neighborhood, there are so many homes on the market right now so people have lots of choices. You could get something similar for less in a much better school district, Westlake, right next door. That price may keep it on the market for a considerable amount of time, which will make people think there is something wrong with it. Also, it’s not like you’re willingly paying much more just because you’re getting some celebrities’ home.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I don’t see that house going for anything close to $4.9 million. The Austin market has cooled considerably. While Tarrytown is a very desirable neighborhood, there are so many homes on the market right now so people have lots of choices. You could get something similar for less in a much better school district, Westlake, right next door. That price may keep it on the market for a considerable amount of time, which will make people think there is something wrong with it. Also, it’s not like you’re willingly paying much more just because you’re getting some celebrities’ home.

I’ve lived in Tarrytown for 7 years and I can tell you that Westlake can eat a dick.  

Edited by Gucci_Suit
7, not 5. Time flies.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I keep a side eye on my neighborhood in NW Hills.  I consistently see houses listed and selling quickly at or slightly above Travis County appraisal values (which all jumped a bunch back towards market value a year ago).  This probably doesn't mean much.

Beard's house is appraised at $2.9M, some 40% less than the list price.  Make of that what you will, which is probably worth what you paid for it.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

User name checks out.

Had this username since Hornfans. It’s a nod to a Big Tymers song. 

But- they will get somewhere near that price for that house. Buddy of mine lives a couple streets over and has his house for sale. His has a pool, but it’s basically the same house and they’ve turned down offers in that range. I live on the other side of Exposition though. The good side, yo.

Anyway- can’t wait to see Beard win a title at Kentucky. Brining this back to basketball. This fucking sucks. Team has lost their nutsack. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Had this username since Hornfans. It’s a nod to a Big Tymers song. 

But- they will get somewhere near that price for that house. Buddy of mine lives a couple streets over and has his house for sale. His has a pool, but it’s basically the same house and they’ve turned down offers in that range. I live on the other side of Exposition though. The good side, yo.

Anyway- can’t wait to see Beard win a title at Kentucky. Brining this back to basketball. This fucking sucks. Team has lost their nutsack. 

He’s got some room to come down from what he paid.  He’s done a little work but not much. It didn’t fly off the shelf before he bought it.  It is a nice house though.  I enjoy telling the prior owner that his old house was a crime scene. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

It's more than their nutsack, although that could be part of it. 

Beard built this team to pressure the perimeter aggressively. Everyone can switch. There's a lot of athleticism. He designs defenses to force the opponent to operate out of one side of the court, and then trains his players to respond to reversals quickly.

If you can't effectively defend the perimeter aggressively - and this team can't any longer with Beard not around - then everything begins to break down. The best defense for undersized big men is pressuring the inbounds pass. Since we're now terrible at defending the ball, we're certainly not defending the inbounds pass well. It's practically a free pass at this point. 

There's no telling how this team would have responded if Beard had remained the head coach, but Terry as head coach is not as capable of leading this team without an effective big man in the middle, which we lack for the most part. 

Honestly, this team isn't as good as last year's team as a defensive squad any more, when they should be way better from a player personnel perspective. They just don't have the right coaching any more. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and that's surprising, since Terry was (allegedly) the "defensive" coach.

It's not that surprising if you know Rodney Terry. But you've heard me on that broken record enough to be tired of it already. I wish I could stop. I really do. It's not like I dislike the guy as a person. But I most definitely have a massive anti Terry compulsion as the head coach that isn't going anywhere. The best I can do is limit it somewhat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

We know some great Austin High families but there are some druggy gang types at the school. 

There’s probably more drugs at WHS than most schools combined. At AHS you’ll see a lot of weed and psychedelics. WHS students love cocaine and other pricy drugs. A decade ago, a coworker’s son’s heroin dealer was a Westlake student. Calls to the westlake police just resulted in stonewalling because his dad was prominent attorney and WHS booster.

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, his point was that Austin High has small time druggy gangs, not sophisticated entrepreneurial import-export organizations like Westlake.  Do you want your kids to learn from the best or to languish away mingling with commoners?

Westlake has trash too.  They live in Spanish Trail.  When Nick Saban's wife saw the houses there she said fuck this and left.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, his point was that Austin High has small time druggy gangs, not sophisticated entrepreneurial import-export organizations like Westlake.  Do you want your kids to learn from the best or to languish away mingling with commoners?

I have no interest in the dynamics of Austin neighborhoods/high schools, but I still loved this post so much.

14 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

This is true. So far, we’re just in Casis / O’Henry and everything is awesome. Might have to bail out before they’re Maroons, but we’ll see.  

AHS is solid. Have Soph there. Just know (if you have son) that football/basketball/baseball all suck. So if they play (as mine does) you’re in for four years of suck. 
There are more fights at OHMS than AHS. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi