Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

On 9/29/2023 at 12:08 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

Strom Thurmond laughs at Feinstein only making it to 90 as a sitting Sen.  He fucking took on his EIGHTH 6 year run at the age of 94... and somehow finished it out. finally croaking 6 months later.

Robert Byrd kinda does as well  making it past 92 and being a senator for 51 fucking years.

and Daniel Inouye also says holla, living to 88 and serving 49 years in the senate.

its clearly a fucking power kick thing. 

I takes a lot of time to repay all those favors.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe the dementia is a blessing so you aren’t aware of how badly the ALS sucks.  

Too young.   RIP

Many people with ALS have dementia but it is unclear whether the dementia is concurrent or caused by ALS.

I was few years too young to recall Butkus playing but he definitely was one of those guys that bridged the old NFL to the Super Bowl era. I recall seeing him on the NFL broadcasts, random tv shows and the many ads. 

Yeah that was my impression of him growing up, the pop culture side. I was too young for his football days.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Deej said:

Celebrity chef Michael Chiarello

https://people.com/michael-chiarello-dead-at-61-8349034

I always liked his shows.

Also ate at Bottega a couple of times and really enjoyed it.  In fact, probably the best octopus I've ever had was my first trip to Bottega.

Agreed that allergic reaction is a shitty way to go.

Sounds like Mary Lou Retton is on the clock.  

Mary Lou Retton is "fighting for her life" while battling "a very rare form of pneumonia," her daughter, McKenna Kelley, revealed 

"My amazing mom, Mary Lou, has a very rare form of pneumonia and is fighting for her life. She is not able to breathe on her own. She’s been in the ICU for over a week now," Kelley wrote. "Out of respect for her and her privacy, I will not disclose all details. However, I will disclose that she not insured.

"We ask that if you could help in any way, that 1) you PRAY! and 2) if you could help us with finances for the hospital bill.

"ANYTHING, absolutely anything, would be so helpful for my family and my mom. Thank y’all so very much!"

• Rage+1 2

Just now, YGIFS said:

didn't she go to UT awhile back after her gymnastics career ended?  

Yep.  And married one of my classmates, Shannon Kelly.  We sat right behind her at the UH game (bleachergate game) in Robinson stadium, first college game I went to where beer was sold.  Each of us was buying 4 at a time.  Including Mary Lou.  Who was mighty happy to jaw and yell at mouthy Cougar fans nearby, all as she schlepped 4 beers back to her seat.  Respek.

Nuts to think that she's on the skids.  I see that she got divorced 5 years ago....that can have some shitty financial consequences.  Recent pics of her look...rough.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  And married one of my classmates, Shannon Kelly.  We sat right behind her at the UH game (bleachergate game) in Robinson stadium, first college game I went to where beer was sold.  Each of us was buying 4 at a time.  Including Mary Lou.  Who was mighty happy to jaw and yell at mouthy Cougar fans nearby, all as she schlepped 4 beers back to her seat.  Respek.

Nuts to think that she's on the skids.  I see that she got divorced 5 years ago....that can have some shitty financial consequences.  Recent pics of her look...rough.

I went to another UH game and Shannon Kelly was the QB and he threw like 6 interceptions and 3 of them were pic 6's., so this hits close to home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I went to another UH game and Shannon Kelly was the QB and he threw like 6 interceptions and 3 of them were pic 6's., so this hits close to home. 

If you throw that out 5 times in a row without any deep passes, that shit happens. He was a damn good high school QB. Our offensive coordinator sucked.

This is terrible news.  No way for an American Icon to go out.  And really sucks to hear they are struggling to make finances work.  Would be a cool gesture for Wheaties or any of the other companies she endorsed for years to come to her assistance.  Or the father of her children, I dunno.  Or some of the more recent gymnasts who she paved the way for to rake in serious cash in endorsements and traveling teams.  I mean, no guilt trips or anything, I don't know the whole situation.  But surely there's some folks that worked with her/benefited from her that could help out.  I'd be happy to help start something with Texas-Exes or UT, but a lot of people would think it was a scam since even the most adamant Longhorns don't know she went to school here.  Anybody know any of the children, some way we could help out?  

Saw that and will make one with our daughter who loves gymnastics.  But I'm talking like "move the needle" kinda money from a former sponsor or company she worked with or politicians she helped or something serious.  I mean because of her, there's generations of young girls and women who got into that sport.  Some chain of gymnastics clubs or something should cut a serious check like $25k or something.  I dunno.  She was the biggest thing in female athletics in this country for a decade it seemed.  She changed the lives of so many young people. 

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This is terrible news.  No way for an American Icon to go out.  And really sucks to hear they are struggling to make finances work.  Would be a cool gesture for Wheaties or any of the other companies she endorsed for years to come to her assistance.  Or the father of her children, I dunno.  Or some of the more recent gymnasts who she paved the way for to rake in serious cash in endorsements and traveling teams.  I mean, no guilt trips or anything, I don't know the whole situation.  But surely there's some folks that worked with her/benefited from her that could help out.  I'd be happy to help start something with Texas-Exes or UT, but a lot of people would think it was a scam since even the most adamant Longhorns don't know she went to school here.  Anybody know any of the children, some way we could help out?  

That seems odd to me. I called her and Shannon one day in the late 90s to see if she would endorse a medical product. They told me that the minimum fee was $1M.

Saw that and will make one with our daughter who loves gymnastics.  But I'm talking like "move the needle" kinda money from a former sponsor or company she worked with or politicians she helped or something serious.  I mean because of her, there's generations of young girls and women who got into that sport.  Some chain of gymnastics clubs or something should cut a serious check like $25k or something.  I dunno.  She was the biggest thing in female athletics in this country for a decade it seemed.  She changed the lives of so many young people. 
I mean you asked how we can help out.

Let me call the Wheaties CEO hold on
  • Like 1

It seems like people on here already know/knew her and/or her ex-husband.  So that's a start.  Based on their years of birth, the daughters seem young and probably don't know where to start other than an internet fundraise.  But there's gotta be people who knew her on campus at the time that can reach out without seeming prying/disrespectful and maybe point them in the direction of some other entities that 'owe their mom one.'  I dunno, cool that they surpassed their goal, sucks she doesn't have more assets, but some org/corp should do that family a solid and fork over 5-figures.  Nevermind, thoughts and prayers.  Moving on.