Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Ewers is … say the appropriate psychiatric term quietly… blame PK loudly!

Am I doing this right, Football Board?!

@Brisketexan made a Special Olympics joke earlier vis-a-vis our team's play by explaining why decided not to make a Special Olympics joke and also complimenting Special Olympics participants compared to our team.  I almost responded by explaining how I was not going to respond with a picture of Cartman at the Special Olympics and posting the picture so that people who were not familiar with that South Park episode would understand how I was being sensitive and following the example Brisketexan set.

I believe that is, in fact, the way it's done.

Edited by dcbc

They may want Texas to win and I suspect they do fervently.  But they don't want to be in the game.  They chose not to play.  If they were injured or barred from playing then that's another story.  If they wanted to play they would be suited up and our run game would at the very least be improved, if not serviceable.

I eagerly await the day you put a seven figure contract at risk for a meaningless one off project in your profession.

1 minute ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Washington is 106th in the country in rush defense success rate and 91st in defensive opportunity rate (pct of rushes that go for 4+ yards) this is a defensive line that sucks shit through a straw and our o-line hasn't been able to generate any push in the rare times are dumb ass coach has tried to run the ball. Kyle Flood has a great reputation as an o-line coach, but that unit has just got to get a ton better without 5 to bail them out.

Texas not able to run the fuckin' ball tonight in the 1st half is THE PROBLEM !!!

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't ever expect to win when we're being whipped on both lines. And so far, we're being whipped on both lines. Still, as poorly as we're playing, we're just one turnover or explosive play away from making this one winnable. Need to open the second half with at least a couple first downs to wake everyone up a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

In his 4 years, he had one 10 win season, and a likely ‘nother 10 win season (fucking covid, ku, utep, shitty lsu), and two other winning seasons

sark is 13-13 in 2 seasons

Herman in the portal era would be fun

Ewers hasn't been bad tonight.  He missed that one throw on the 4th and 1 post that could've been broken open, but otherwise there's not much to complain about.

The problem is that we've dropped back 22 times on 30 snaps.  And I don't want to hear it about the run blocking.  Our WR's can block, so pitch it outside.  You're an offensive guru, so figure out how to get your explosive runners into space. 

But no, we pound it with Keilan between the tackles a couple of times, it doesn't work, and Sark says fuck it we can't run the ball, so we'll have to air it out, because airing it out is what he wants to do.  He's stubborn as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

God forbid people discuss the current game in the game thread. 

Don’t be dense on purpose. I think you’re better than that. 

it’s aggravating seeing people post shit like they had no clue that Washington is the better team. But I guess this is my fault for expecting something different out of a football game thread. So……. My bad. 

Just now, gmr548 said:

I eagerly await the day you put a seven figure contract at risk for a meaningless one off project in your profession.

I didn't say they couldn't make that choice.  They did.  But if they wanted to be in the game, they would be.  I'm not blasting them for their choice.  I'm just perplexed by the phrases used to paint this as something beyond their control.  It's not.  It is a risk, sure.  Simple enough.

And if the game is meaningless, then why are ANY players on the field?  Hell, if one just won the Doak Walker/Heisman award AND their team were in the playoffs should they play?  I mean, it's "meaningless", right?  That player will be get a fat NFL contract regardless.

9 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

They may want Texas to win and I suspect they do fervently.  But they don't want to be in the game.  They chose not to play.  If they were injured or barred from playing then that's another story.  If they wanted to play they would be suited up and our run game would at the very least be improved, if not serviceable.

This

• Hook 'Em 1