SEC Catch-all Thread

LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If Texas has a 12-game schedule and the team's only real challenges next season are 1) Michigan and 2) Georgia, wouldn't it necessarily follow that the expectation would be ten wins, according to this genius's logic?

forget_it_hes_rolling.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Saturday Down South...

First and 10: Power ranking the SEC head coaches in 2024        Matt Hayes | 8 hours ago

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/power-ranking-sec-coaches-2024-after-nick-saban-retirement/

My only problem with that list is Brian Kelly has never won a single conference or national championship…so it’s weird to have him in that category.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

The now: Florida AD Scott Stricklin points to Napier’s recruiting, but the 2024 class (ranked No. 15 by 247Sports composite) was the program’s worst ranking since Napier’s 1st class in 2022 (No. 18).

I'm not sure what Hayes is going for here. That's only 3 classes, one of which isn't done yet, and also ignores any nuance like transfers including players like Grimsley that spent all of a week at Bama before enrolling at UF but he's not including in this signing class.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:25 AM, LateAughtsHorn said:

Bama and Georgia aren't surprising due to success. Texas is responsible for covid AND the Titanic, so to be expected. But what did Tennessee do to anybody? 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, Underdog said:

Or Rocky Top? 

This.

Less offensive than Boomer sooner.

However, due to the length it rivals Boomer Sooner for the most 'nails on a chalkboard' songs of college football.

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

If Texas has a 12-game schedule and the team's only real challenges next season are 1) Michigan and 2) Georgia, wouldn't it necessarily follow that the expectation would be ten wins, according to this genius's logic?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And a denial “The commissioners both strongly rebuke any notion that the creation of this advisory board is a move toward a breakaway from the college sports’ governing body. The Big Ten and SEC remain prominent members of the NCAA, both in governance and national competition, they say.”

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I generally like his stuff. This was fine but a couple of misses on his end, understandably. 

Think RockyTop is annoying? Its mouthbreathing inbred brother is Boomer Sooner or whatever the fuck that song’s official name is. Just idiotically repeating those two words over and over again for 4+ quarters. Nothing in college sports music is worse. 

Much like the Bama idiots this past September, the rest of these idiotic fanbases are going to be pretty dumbfounded to discover that we all lack the dickless and embarrassing sensitivities of coaches Rodney Terry and Mack Brown when it comes to horns down. Do that shit as much as y’all like and we will mock you with it when we win. Also, it’s a source of pride that it happens at basically every televised sporting event in America now, whether Texas is playing or not. It’s like the John 3:16 signs from the 80’s or the Wazzou flag at every Gameday location. We’ve come to expect seeing it, living rent free, and are rarely disappointed. So bring it, hillbillies. 

SEC fans are creating this narrative that we are some sort of precious snowflakes who have never been to an away game before. Those of us who went to Tuscaloosa last year were dishing it back in the Bama fans' faces before the game because we're used to it, and I think it caught a lot of them off guard. Since most SEC teams don't have a lot of history with us, they really don't have a lot of ammunition to use and will come at us with their lame horns down comments. There's nothing scary about it, and none of us - from the players to the fans - will have any issue with it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I generally like his stuff. This was fine but a couple of misses on his end, understandably. 

Think RockyTop is annoying? Its mouthbreathing inbred brother is Boomer Sooner or whatever the fuck that song’s official name is. Just idiotically repeating those two words over and over again for 4+ quarters. Nothing in college sports music is worse. 

Much like the Bama idiots this past September, the rest of these idiotic fanbases are going to be pretty dumbfounded to discover that we all lack the dickless and embarrassing sensitivities of coaches Rodney Terry and Mack Brown when it comes to horns down. Do that shit as much as y’all like and we will mock you with it when we win. Also, it’s a source of pride that it happens at basically every televised sporting event in America now, whether Texas is playing or not. It’s like the John 3:16 signs from the 80’s or the Wazzou flag at every Gameday location. We’ve come to expect seeing it, living rent free, and are rarely disappointed. So bring it, hillbillies. 

Not all dumbass, southern rednecks are hillbillies, sir.

12 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Not all dumbass, southern rednecks are hillbillies, sir.

I’ve have had to deal with many ignorant dumbasses across the western world. Rednecks, hillbillies, east enders, tinkers, gypsies, trailer park boys and aggies. You’ve merely highlighted a distinction without a difference. 

• Haha 1

Let’s get our taxonomy of the various peoples indigenous to SEC Country straight.

Hillbillies are known as such because they live in the hills, mountains, and hollers of Appalachia or the Ozarks. These are primarily the fans of Tennessee and Kentucky, as well as some portions of the Arkansas and Missouri nations.

Rednecks got their name from working in the fields of the coastal plains or Deep South, where the backs of their necks would become sunburned. These are your South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama/Auburn, and Mississippi school fans. 

Crackers are mostly located in Florida, and are a vanishing breed with all the in-migration to the state since the advent of air conditioning, but still can be seen in Gainesville on game days in their jort-wearing  glory. 

LSU fans are traditionally known as “coon-asses,” or more recently “corn-dogs” due to their pervasive odor. 

• Haha 2

On 2/17/2024 at 11:37 AM, Duane Moore said:

Let’s get our taxonomy of the various peoples indigenous to SEC Country straight.

Hillbillies are known as such because they live in the hills, mountains, and hollers of Appalachia or the Ozarks. These are primarily the fans of Tennessee and Kentucky, as well as some portions of the Arkansas and Missouri nations.

Rednecks got their name from working in the fields of the coastal plains or Deep South, where the backs of their necks would become sunburned. These are your South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama/Auburn, and Mississippi school fans. 

Crackers are mostly located in Florida, and are a vanishing breed with all the in-migration to the state since the advent of air conditioning, but still can be seen in Gainesville on game days in their jort-wearing  glory. 

LSU fans are traditionally known as “coon-asses,” or more recently “corn-dogs” due to their pervasive odor. 

At least UT's arrival will demonstrate that not all Texans are like aggy. They give our beloved state a bad reputation with their peckerwood autism, institutional cultism, and social retardation.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, Duane Moore said:

Solid recap, but living in Atlanta I think UGa’s fan base leans more crackuh than redneck…

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

No, Mack was pissed because the fucking Big 12 refs starting tossing 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties on good Roy Williams and others when they were giving the horn fans sections in the away game endzone a hook 'em after scoring a TD.  and the moron refs starting calling that a taunting penalty.

In what game did one of our players throwing Horns to the crowd result in a taunting penalty? I don’t remember that ever happening.

I’m 57, BTW…

On 2/16/2024 at 5:39 PM, Sal said:

Those of us who went to Tuscaloosa last year were dishing it back in the Bama fans' faces before the game because we're used to it, and I think it caught a lot of them off guard.

You probably did catch them off guard. They have grown used to the almost Canadian stereotype like meekness of the aTm fans, when they are confronted about their weirdness, so they apologize for being weird and say stuff like it is traditions. 

I will be honest, it really caught me off guard in 2012, after the aTm fans in our section patted me on the back and apologized for winning. Creeped me the fuck right out. I was just sitting there waiting on the crowd to thin out, like I always did, not moping and even if I was, I was sure not used to that weird shit. 

I know that nobody should try to compare aTm fans with Horns fans but I can understand those who have not spent the last 14 around you assholes, not understanding that fact yet. Give them time. Just like we all came to realize how creepy aTm fans are, they will come to know what assholes you guys are and thus come to understand not to be shocked when you give as good as you get.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

In what game did one of our players throwing Horns to the crowd result in a taunting penalty? I don’t remember that ever happening.

I’m 57, BTW…

56 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

I think he’s referring to Roy Williams during the OU game - early Mack era (99-01)?

Hook’em!!!

I believe it happened to Johnathan Gray, too, but don't remember the year or game. 

https://x.com/kyleumlang/status/1694777042523263400?s=20

"Texas’ Mike Davis received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after he holstered his guns during a TD celebration against Texas Tech in Lubbock in 2012. As a result, Mack Brown said the rules need to be consistent since teams do horns down without the same penalty. “Texas whined about Horns Down until they made it a penalty” is the result of over a decade of gaslighting by Longhorn rivals."

Edited by Grande Mart
Added quote
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Yes, we should just hand degrees to athletes like so many others….

You're a fine visiting poster and all, but spare us any academic smack whatsoever. We're reluctantly now in this overhyped, hillbilly conference for the money and power, but we are not another one of the SEC open enrollment schools in which the degree is worth more as toilet paper than as a calling card in the workforce. Texas athletes do indeed have to play school. 

All of that considered, there is no moral high ground here for Georgia and their graduation numbers for football players. It looks bad and it should be something the imbeciles running your program are trying to fix.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You're a fine visiting poster and all, but spare us any academic smack whatsoever. We're reluctantly now in this overhyped, hillbilly conference for the money and power, but we are not another one of the SEC open enrollment schools in which the degree is worth more as toilet paper than as a calling card in the workforce. Texas athletes do indeed have to play school. 

All of that considered, there is no moral high ground here for Georgia and their graduation numbers for football players. It looks bad and it should be something the imbeciles running your program are trying to fix.

Lol, and how would you describe the SWC and Big XII? Or your state? You’re not Harvard or Stanford, fyi. 😄

17 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Lol, and how would you describe the SWC and Big XII? Or your state? You’re not Harvard or Stanford, fyi. 😄

No shit? I didn't compare Texas to Harvard or Stanford. 

The Southwest Conference was a den of iniquity. A shithole of cheaters paired with Texas and Rice. Kind of like what the SEC had become leading into NIL. Academically, UT, Rice, SMU and ATM (before they became a diploma mill) were all high quality institutions. The SEC doesn't have 4 schools on that level currently, at least until Texas arrives. The SEC has Vandy and UF and then you guys and ATM half-ass trying to be respectable. 

Big 12 was a marriage of convenience. No one liked it and most Texas people hated it from day one. The academic reputation of the conference was dogshit and that remains deserved. Texas is glad to be leaving it, but it's not like SEC represents significantly greener pastures on the academic front.

As to the state? I don't know what you're asking. If you think the state of Texas has some sort of issue producing leaders in business, academia, or politics, I'm not really sure what you're looking at or how to help you.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:35 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

image.thumb.png.7a9bbe4ea03b1346af013865680914ed.png

I would like to see football graduation rates divided by non-football graduation rates. That’s would provide some visibility into the overall rigor of the school’s academics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No shit? I didn't compare Texas to Harvard or Stanford. 

The Southwest Conference was a den of iniquity. A shithole of cheaters paired with Texas and Rice. Kind of like what the SEC had become leading into NIL. Academically, UT, Rice, SMU and ATM (before they became a diploma mill) were all high quality institutions. The SEC doesn't have 4 schools on that level currently, at least until Texas arrives. The SEC has Vandy and UF and then you guys and ATM half-ass trying to be respectable. 

Big 12 was a marriage of convenience. No one liked it and most Texas people hated it from day one. The academic reputation of the conference was dogshit and that remains deserved. Texas is glad to be leaving it, but it's not like SEC represents significantly greener pastures on the academic front.

As to the state? I don't know what you're asking. If you think the state of Texas has some sort of issue producing leaders in business, academia, or politics, I'm not really sure what you're looking at or how to help you.

Georgia and Mizzou tend to be nationally respected as well.

On 2/16/2024 at 11:16 AM, gatormarc said:

3.5 minutes of my fucking life I’ll never get back. None of these SEC skits are funny. These people enjoy the same humour as a midwestern stay-at-home mom. Fucking brutal. Not looking forward to mingling with these Waffle House cunts, excluding Vanderbilt fans.