Texas vs Miami- Elite 8- 4:05pm on CBS

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

The fouls and free throws are the story of the game. 27/30 at the line. Why are the announcers acting like this isn't the story. We were in control then the whistles started and the game became a completely different affair.

We were in control until we got completely away from our offense, terrible coaching job 

So many questionable calls at the end of this one. 

Blocking foul on Allen (could have been called a charge)-2 points Miami. 

Foul on the shooter in the middle of the paint (but it was a travel before)-2 points Miami

Foul on Cunningham on the box out-2 points Miami but a 4 point swing potentially because Cunningham was getting 2 free throws on the other end. 

That's a 6 to 8 point swing under 4 minutes on questionable calls. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Hero ball works when you get to go to the free throw line 25 times. 

Yea they attacked the basket. We settled for jumpers and we’re just making them the first half. They sagged off and played a loose man defense to take away our inside game and we shot a shit ton of threes and mid range jumpers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I can't even watch the sport because of this. That's the most ridiculous fucking game I've ever seen called in my life.

yeah. and then everyone trips over themselves making excuses for the refs because a team couldn't overcome the bias, either intentional fix or not. 

but that was a fix. fuck this shit. 

3 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Fuck that.

We were way up and went cold on offense and played tired on defense. We blew it and Miami seized it.

Yes, the refs had a couple of bad calls... And we benefited from some.

Without Disu, we relied on Timm you and Bishop to carry is down low. Tommy is good until he tired, like anybody else.

I will say, Terry should have called TOs and subbed more in 2H to reserve energy on a short rotation.

I'm cool with it.

Just curious what we benefited from….

Cause I can’t think of one.

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

HOW THE FUCK DID THESE DUDES COME ALL THE WAY BACK 

Well, they were in the bonus with like 10 minutes left, refs called fouls on us where there was no contact, missed two travels which ended up being fouls on us, only called like one charge versus about 4 blocking fouls on us, let Miami push off to create space constantly, Miami hit their FTs and we didn't...Miami hit their shots down the stretch and we didn't.  Fuck the refs for ruining a good game.  We became disjointed when there was a foul every play.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

We were in control until we got completely away from our offense, terrible coaching job 

Nah. The game was the same. We missed shots. Go look at the shot chat for both halves... Ball movement was similar. Shot making went away because legs were dead. 

I see this in aau ball every week. Teams with short rotations and a size disadvantage get gassed in the 2nd half and the scoring stops.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic