45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

if Barr thinks we will forget his treasonous derailment of the results of the Mueller probe and how he falsely presented the findings to the country, and that this will redeem him in the eyes of everyone, that piece of shit is entirely wrong

What’s especially galling about watching Barr try to reform his image is that, when he was shilling for Trump, he expressly stated he wasn’t concerned about his legacy. While he was acting as a political operative dedicated to protecting Donald Trump and not as the top official of the Justice Dept. dedicated to defending the law and the Constitution, he was asked about that. He was unconcerned about his legacy and said “everyone dies.” Now we see the hypocrisy even in that statement.

(I’m including the Rudy Giuliani quote just as a reminder of what an unrepentant piece of shit he is.)

Attorney General William Barr brushed off critics attacking his reputation and handling of matters concerning President Trump, stating in a new interview: “Everyone dies.”

Barr, who previously served as attorney general under former President George H.W. Bush, was ask[ed] during a “CBS This Morning” interview that aired Friday whether he was concerned about his reputation following allegations that he has protected Trump at the conclusion of the federal Russia probe.

“When you came into this job, I mean, you had a good reputation on the right and on the left. You’re now someone who’s accused of protecting the president, enabling the president, lying to Congress. Did you expect that coming in?” CBS’s Jan Crawford asked Barr.

“Well, in a way I did expect it because I realized we live in a crazy, hyperpartisan period of time and I knew that it would only be a matter of time if I was behaving responsibly and calling them as I see them,” Barr replied. “That I would be attacked because nowadays people don’t care about the merits or the substance, they only care about who it helps, who benefits, whether my side benefits or the other side.”

“Everything is gauged by politics,” he continued. “And, as I said, that’s antithetical to how the department runs, and any attorney general in this period is going to end up losing a lot of political capital, and I realize that and that’s one of the reasons that I was ultimately persuaded, that maybe I should take it on because I think that [at] my stage in life it really doesn’t make any difference.”

“I am at the end of my career,” Barr, 69, said.

“Everyone dies, and I am not, you know, I don’t believe in the Homeric idea that, you know, immortality comes by, you know, having odes sung about you over the centuries, you know?” he added. 

Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani shared similar remarks in an interview with The New Yorker last year when asked whether he was concerned about how his time working with the Trump administration would impact his reputation. 

“I don’t care about my legacy,” he said. “I’ll be dead.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/446324-barr-defends-reputation-everyone-dies/

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:
That’s a ridiculous comparison. The Trump stolen docs case is like if they found the bloody knife in OJ’s house and we had him giving a national interview saying, “Of course I would kill my wife. As her husband I have a right to do that.”

It also ignores the fact that OJ did actually go to jail... eventually.

Separate incident?

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just spitballing, but it might be interesting if some smart guy around these parts whipped up some flyers advertising free bus rides from Gainesville, Tampa, Naples, Tallahassee to the courthouse in south Florida.

You know, satire.  Plastered all over Truth and other Trumpy sites.

Like I said, spitballing.

Whither Bob Wheeler?

On 6/10/2023 at 1:35 PM, TwiceHorn said:

While that is technically true, a court of competent jurisdiction has ruled that the attorney-client privilege is vitiated and that ruling was duly appealed, and cert denied.  I don't think privilege can be a valid ground for inadmissibility anymore.

He's also gotten his shit pushed in judicially non-stop since January 21, 2021.

Fresh outta the Clink - AR15.COM

Big time, bro.

yawn 

he’s played golf 30 of the last 31 days. He’s living the life, untouched by the long arm of the law 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

to buttress my point above; here's the bullshit that "Fox News Sunday" viewers were spoon-fed immediately before Barr came on:

The Presidential Records Act has nothing to do with this, you vapid cunt.

Shut the fuck up you lying fuck.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Speed Walking Running GIF by The Only Way is Essex

Not three weeks to prosecute, but three weeks to try the case, which is fairly astonishgingly long, tbh. This would seem to be a simpler case than that, but may reflect that he has a shit ton of witnesses to nail Trump to the wall.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, deech said:

Even if there was evidence that China/Iran/Russia/whomever went into the bathroom and photo copied critical documents in exchange for financial payments directly to the Trump family - Republicans wouldn't give a shit.

He could come out tomorrow and claim not to know English, and that he was from Mexico and that they have the wrong guy and MAGA would 100% agree.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not three weeks to prosecute, but three weeks to try the case, which is fairly astonishgingly long, tbh. This would seem to be a simpler case than that, but may reflect that he has a shit ton of witnesses to nail Trump to the wall.

I'm sure a lot of that time is accounting for the circus that will be the defense's case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This was probably mentioned, but Trump called Barr a gutless pig.

Shut the fuck up you porcine bag of guts.

Part of me really wants to create about 15 troll accounts on Truth so I can say shit like that and get banned immediately.  The other part isn't 12.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm sure a lot of that time is accounting for the circus that will be the defense's case. 

When you stop to think about it, it gets like the Carroll case.  Trump can't get on the stand to explain himself, so who do you really have?

Of course lots of probably dumbass cross-examination.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Shut the fuck up you porcine bag of guts.

Part of me really wants to create about 15 troll accounts on Truth so I can say shit like that and get banned immediately.  The other part isn't 12.

If you meant to say "fat, criminal, doughy cunt" I'm on board.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

But her e-mails!!!!

Kind of emotional.  Maybe he is also getting bad news out of GA regarding his involvement in the "Find 11k votes" scheme. Painting all these investigations, regarding Republican potential crimes, as political witch hunts, helps himself, as well as the lard ass he brown noses. 

1 hour ago, deech said:

Even if there was evidence that China/Iran/Russia/whomever went into the bathroom and photo copied critical documents in exchange for financial payments directly to the Trump family - Republicans wouldn't give a shit.

"China... Iran... both ancient civilizations that we could learn a lot from, unlike racist Democrats who fear "scary foreigners." Russia, our stalwart ally of WWII, repeatedly cast aside and humiliated in our slavish quest to impress snobby Godless Western Europe. You go read Proust, I'll have a shot of vodka. WHO WANTS VODKA!"

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Just spitballing, but it might be interesting if some smart guy around these parts whipped up some flyers advertising free bus rides from Gainesville, Tampa, Naples, Tallahassee to the courthouse in south Florida.

You know, satire.  Plastered all over Truth and other Trumpy sites.

Like I said, spitballing.

Better yet, just drive them to the Miami-Dade County Courthouse instead of the Federal Courthouse and drop them off.  And then leave and not come back.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Where is this reported?

The indictment says plain as day on the front Cannon/Reinhart.  I'd think Reinhart would be the arraigning magistrate.

NBC was reporting this yesterday 

Judge John Goodman will oversee Trump's arraignment, source says

Adam Reiss and Summer Concepcion

Magistrate Judge John Goodman will oversee Trump’s arraignment Tuesday, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said. A magistrate judge holds preliminary hearings.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon of the Southern District of Florida is still set to oversee the trial unless she recuses herself. She was chosen randomly, a court official said. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

When you stop to think about it, it gets like the Carroll case.  Trump can't get on the stand to explain himself, so who do you really have?

Of course lots of probably dumbass cross-examination.

I'm expecting a load of tangential and irrelevant evidence based on some harebrained theory that Cannon will fail to exclude. Probably some nonsense about the Deep State. Their strategy will be to confuse the jury and appeal to any conspiracy theory tendencies of jurors. It's going to be a clown show IMO. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Is there any doubt that Trump and Cannon haven't talked since his indictment? I'd bet they will be in touch through the entire case. 

Yea there is doubt, you’d lose your bet. 

if she wants to put her thumb on the scale, there are hundreds of ways she can do it that do not involve absolutely prohibited ex parte communication. She also has to know that Jack Smith could be monitoring certain communications in this matter to make sure that he does not contact the judge. In addition, just because the judge will be in for Trump doesn’t mean she can assemble her entire staff and have them agree to commit to absolutely prohibited and illegal communications.

The risk is too great and there just is no need for her to do that. His  lawyers will tell her what they want in their briefs. She will likely do some of that bullshit they ask for in plain sight, so there is no need for that outside risk to occur.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Yea there is doubt, you’d lose your bet. 

if she wants to put her thumb on the scale, there are hundreds of ways she can do it that do not involve absolutely prohibited ex parte communication. She also has to know that Jack Smith could be monitoring certain communications in this matter to make sure that he does not contact the judge. In addition, just because the judge will be in for Trump doesn’t mean she can assemble her entire staff and have them agree to commit to absolutely prohibited and illegal communications.

The risk is too great and there just is no need for her to do that. His  lawyers will tell her what they want in their briefs. She will likely do some of that bullshit they ask for in plain sight, so there is no need for that outside risk to occur.

Well that's just like your opinion man.

She's already stuck her neck out for him, and clearly feels beholden to him, but I'm sure she'd really be worried about it because it's prohibited by professional responsibility rules 🙄. There aren't any recent examples of right wing judges running roughshod over those.

I didn't say anything about her staff being involved and it wouldn't be necessary, so I'm not sure why you made that particular point. I'm talking about Trump calling her on a burner and your reasoning has failed to convince me  it hasn't already happened. 

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m fully aware there are insufficient grounds for the judge to recuse herself. I’m also fully aware no fraud exists, furthermore there is no evidence of fraud. I was merely pointing out in a world, not of common law, but of common sense, that allowing a judge, that owes her position of power to one private citizen, to oversee the same private citizen’s case in her courtroom is fucking absurd and makes a mockery of the entire justice system. 

I was thinking about this and I believe the simple answer comes down to the system was set up to favor the wealthy and influential, as well as under the assumption that the President who appoints federal judges won't be one of the biggest criminals in the country. To this point that has mostly been true with only Nixon and maybe Andrew Jackson really testing that, but nothing like we've seen with Trump. This is a whole new possibility that just wasn't accounted for because it wasn't deemed all that necessary. 

Trump should have been a precedent setter that set into action all sorts of legislation protecting against the possibility of Americans electing a criminal President, and one of those should definitely be any President standing trial either in civil or criminal court cannot be tried under a judge that President appointed. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, by not getting a local attorney, the delay tactics begin.  This motherfucker is gonna have to die for us to be rid of him.

doubt this is intentional. nobody wants to represent him. 

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated