45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, if she establishes herself as a gross hack like Kacsmaryk, her judicial career stands a decent chance of being over, at least as far as higher courts go.

It stands at least as high of a chance of getting a SC nomination once Trump wins in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

fans GIF

She's a Trumpanzee.  You will quickly go broke betting on people like her to do the right thing.  The talking heads are being mean to her?   Fake news!

I never said she’d do the right thing.  I said her selfish ass might finally do the thing least-worst for her. 

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he's cosplaying a 12 year-old from the 1980s playing G I Joe and sending coded messages to his buddies.

What did he post yesterday? I assume he's scrubbed it from his feed.

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The GQP is all in on this being a witch hunt.  Marge, Jim Jordan, Kevin McNoballs, Elise Stefanik, etc..

God, Americans are complete idiots to elect schills like these folks. 

Repeat the same lies over and over and over again and people will believe them. Straight out of the Nazi playbook.

(Sadly, this is going to be Trump's lasting legacy. He's cultivated complete distrust in the free press.)

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

That right there is why CNN is bullshit.

The money quote, though:  

Asked if this could be grounds for a legal challenge or recusal, Gillers said, “Absolutely not. This does not come anywhere near the kind of proof required for recusal.”

For reference, Stephen Gillers has been the foremost authority on legal and judicial ethics in the US for at least 30 years.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sad that you don’t realize that most cops are Trumpers who will side with the traitors when the shit goes down.

Thank you Brisket. You get it. Damn, reading through this thread, and many others in CR, it just blows my mind the naive trust many posters have in "law enforcement" and the military and the judiciary to shut down a serious MAGA takeover attempt. J6 was a trial run. MAGA already owns the Supreme Court, many federal judges, and Cannon will help Trump as much as she can. 

Hell, if almost 50% of voters went for Trump, then you know at least 50% of the following are Trump-MAGA-GQP — the police, US Marshals, Texas Rangers, National Guard, and the military. Among these groups, I'm betting it is more than 60-70% or more, like aggy world. No doubt, some top brass at the Pentagon are MAGA. These groups are not somehow magically outside the cultural forces at play in America.

We ain't living in "Adam 12" America. We're living in "Walker: Fascist Texas Ranger" America. The giant pickup trucks are all you need to know. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That right there is why CNN is bullshit.

The money quote, though:  

Asked if this could be grounds for a legal challenge or recusal, Gillers said, “Absolutely not. This does not come anywhere near the kind of proof required for recusal.”

For reference, Stephen Gillers has been the foremost authority on legal and judicial ethics in the US for at least 30 years.

trump has a 70+ year history of getting out of everything, smelling like a rose 

• Like 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

trump has a 70+ year history of getting out of everything, smelling like a rose 

He smells like dogshit most of the time, and cheese.

He's also never been criminally indicted until recently.  It's a whole new world of shit for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

The DC court order only compelled the production of the evidence - his testimony and notes. Admissibility is a totally different determination and is within the purview of the trial court. 

While that is technically true, a court of competent jurisdiction has ruled that the attorney-client privilege is vitiated and that ruling was duly appealed, and cert denied.  I don't think privilege can be a valid ground for inadmissibility anymore.

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Animated GIF

He's also gotten his shit pushed in judicially non-stop since January 21, 2021.

Fresh outta the Clink - AR15.COM

Big time, bro.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Except for impeachment, his pardon power is limitless 
The current administration should do more to limit the executive branch instead of assuming the next guy in office will adhere to norms and not try to steal a fucking election and self-pardon. But here we are, praying Americans won't reelect a sexual predator lunatic and red states won't Continue to steal elections.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ll take that bet on a self pardon.  The SCOTUS waffling on the recent VRA surprise means they are not completely unaware of optics and their reputation- and will grudgingly do the correct thing, again for self-interest 

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:
9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The current administration should do more to limit the executive branch instead of assuming the next guy in office will adhere to norms and not try to steal a fucking election and self-pardon. But here we are, praying Americans won't reelect a sexual predator lunatic and red states won't Continue to steal elections.

#1 on that list, no judge should be appointed for life. 

#2 term limits across the board

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I’ll take that bet on a self pardon.  The SCOTUS waffling on the recent VRA surprise means they are not completely unaware of optics and their reputation- and will grudgingly do the correct thing, again for self-interest 

thomas and his block are about to hold up case history, when it benefits them (and their puppet masters) …..

The Supreme Court has made clear that, subject to the exception for impeachment, the president’s power to grant pardons is “unlimited,” with virtually no oversight or limiting role for Congress. In Ex parte Garland, which involved President Andrew Johnson’s pardon of a lawyer who had served in the legislature of the Confederacy, the court indicated that the president’s pardon power covers all federal offenses. The president can issue a pardon at any point after a crime is committed and before, during or after criminal proceedings have taken place. The president cannot, however, pardon someone for future crimes. A pardon covers both the offender’s conviction for the crime and the sentence for that crime.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2021/01/the-supreme-court-and-the-presidents-pardon-power/

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Every president since Reagan has expanded executive powers with absolutely zero pushback from Congress. They are cowards, who can only see things in terms of the next election cycle which of these days basically begins as soon as the new session starts.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

How long has smith been working cases at The Hague before this. The Hague has actual judges (when compared to the us judicial system) 

We had a had a Supreme Court nominee’s debt wiped out. What’s this maga judge going to be offered to help delay this until trump can try to win back office ? 

13 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Sometimes I think there's something about being a really attractive woman that kills their brain cells. 

Dude, can you at least pretend not to be an incel? 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It really isn't, that's a Trumpian notion.  See, e.g. Juan Merchan.

It's only illegal if the donation isn't to Trump.  I thought we established that already?  

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

While its base swelled to 6 million members by 2018, it has lost ground since then, with LaPierre saying in a 2021 deposition that its membership was "under 4.9 million."May 27, 2022

So if by most she means maybe 5% of us. 

and I would think less than 1% of them would willingly rise up for Drumpf. So basically Kyle, TX will rise up for him. I think we can handle that.

• 200.gif
200.gif

Seriously…..Kari Lake actually having the spine to attempt to violently interfere with the criminal judicial process would make this whole story even better. Seeing Kari repeatedly perforated by much better armed and trained US Marshals protecting the courts, her body slumped to the ground, her caked-on makeup running from the few tears of horrific pain that managed to escape her grotesque eyes before she breathed her last? Well, frame that and put it in the Smithsonian. It would be the perfect work of art.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

@tx 3 putt, @Brisketexan, I'm about to mass neg-rep the two of y'all if y'all don't stop being idiot tankies.

Seriously, anyone still saying "BUH BUH BUH HE GOT OUT OF IT BEFORRRRR" conveniently ignoring This is not like those times because it is a federal criminal case which is different in kind from those things at this point is just being willfully stupid. Like the kid insisting that the Tooth Fairy still exists while Dad stands in front of her holding last night's teeth and a roll of quarters.

• Hook 'Em 2

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated