45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and an observation about how and why MAGA world actually loves Trump getting into and wiggling out of jams.
Remember when the OJ acquittal verdict was announced? Black Americans were literally pouring out of their homes and celebrating in the streets, ecstatic. They weren’t happy that OJ got away with murder, or that the victims were dead, or anything like that. They were happy that one of them - a black man - actually beat the system, when the system has been fucking over black Americans for centuries. The fact that he committed the crime made it even more profound. A black man finally fought the system, with the odds stacked against him (because he killed victims), and won. His victory was theirs.
So, when you understand that MAGATs are the biggest snowflakes in history, and actually believe that they are oppressed, and society is out to get them (and that’s the only reason they are stuck working in a warehouse, or at a truck stop, or wherever), Trump “beating the system” is THEIR victory over the thing that the think has oppressed them.
So, this is just another chance for them to live out their fantasy.

45 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kari Lake implies "most" of 75 million Americans are members of the NRA.

The NRA has approximately 5.5 million members.

Arithmetic, how does it work?

they didn't become trump supporters by paying attention in school

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Supreme Court has not weighed in on the question whether Trump can pardon himself. In a memorandum dated Aug. 5, 1974 – less than a week before President Richard Nixon resigned – acting Assistant Attorney General Mary Lawton of the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel concluded that the answer is no. The memorandum left open the possibility of two work-arounds, however: Congress could pardon the president (an unlikely scenario these days); or the president could allow the vice president to become the acting president under the 25th Amendment, on the ground that the president was temporarily unable to perform his duties, and the vice president could then pardon him.

You left this part out. Accidentally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously…..Kari Lake actually having the spine to attempt to violently interfere with the criminal judicial process would make this whole story even better. Seeing Kari repeatedly perforated by much better armed and trained US Marshals protecting the courts, her body slumped to the ground, her caked-on makeup running from the few tears of horrific pain that managed to escape her grotesque eyes before she breathed her last? Well, frame that and put it in the Smithsonian. It would be the perfect work of art.

image.gif.7077b5bf1b76658ab89d1c703ff7f741.gif

I mean, not that I disagree, but damn.  You at happy hour with YGIFS?  I guess he'd have some stuff in there about goading her into it within X amount of time, though.

Edited by grazinhorn
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I don’t understand how anyone thinks that the shit being decided in the state where he has the most ardent supporters by a judge he appointed has any chance of resulting in a relatively bad outcome for Trump.  I don’t see any chance whatsoever this prevents him from getting the GOP nomination and I don’t at all see this being the deciding factor  in whether or not he wins the general election.

Once J6 happened and he survived politically, it was clear that truth and morality are no longer playing a role.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bullshit. If he somehow gets a bench trial, 100% change she acquits. She’s a crooked judge. Ask yourself “how would this work in a banana republic,” and you have your answer.

And absolutely this - this is the real game. Just delay it all till he walks away with the GQP nomination, and then GQP state legislatures and the SCOTUS declare him POTUS.

Exactly. That is the play.

I did not know that, that’s actually good news. Still, the delay is the game.

Yep.

Diggity gets it. We are in a post-truth, post-rule of law world. It’s undeniable.

I wish a Rudy was. Running a blade through that deranged fuckstick in single combat would be the best moment of my life.

Goddamn. This sequence is perfect. It really should be written as a rule.

Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic, but this is all I can think of when Trump news breaks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm imagining my kid in a fucking apache against a bunch of 300 pound 2-pack-a-day-smokers with pre-diabetes with assault rifles. 

Seems like a bit of a mismatch. 

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

full-full-metal-jacket.gif

I was going to post, “like a feral pig hunt from a helicopter”, then I realized it would still actually be a feral pig hunt from a helicopter.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Then how do you explain the VRA win?

Roberts and Kavanaugh were told to calm the seas before the bat shit crazy rulings are needed down the line. If trunp can get back in office, he’s tearing it all down and making himself president for life. He’ll need the Supreme Court to over turn a couple of states in his favor 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I guess that sidewalk is where he rocking back and forth on his heels and somebody "comes up to" him.

The sidewalk inside the fence of a heavily secured and patrolled compound perhaps the most secure home in the world. Probably not as safe as the stage of a ballroom or stacked in a bathroom; both places regularly visited by cleaning staff.

Yet, the yokels will lap it up like a dog finding vomit.

Edited by RomaVicta

Petition to rename the thread: maybe Trump Indictments or The Trump Indictment Destination Thread? There’s a lot of legal trouble to keep track of.

I had already forgotten about his rape trial from a month or so ago.

What a guy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

. If trump can get back in office,

He has done nothing to actually help that in the battleground states, plus the abortion ruling hurt the Rs in those states bigly, not to mention energizing younger people to get out and vote.  And he hasn't been able to stop the progress of time, which is killing off the olds.

He ran for the grift and ran for the off-chance somebody would actually believe that you can't prosecute a candidate (narrator: they are).

His best hope is for Rod DeSantaClass to win and pardon him for some of it.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

He has done nothing to actually help that in the battleground states, plus the abortion ruling hurt the Rs in those states bigly, not to mention energizing younger people to get out and vote.  And he hasn't been able to stop the progress of time, which is killing off the olds.

He ran for the grift and ran for the off-chance somebody would actually believe that you can't prosecute a candidate (narrator: they are).

how many battle ground states are prime for a court flipping voting results 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

how many battle ground states are prime for a court flipping voting results 

Same Republicans on the Supreme Court didn’t try to flip it in 2020, not sure why they would now, especially with everything that’s happening with his crimes.

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Biden will pardon him.  

And it will make Trump unbelievably furious, because he'll have to live with the knowledge that he owes his freedom to Joe Biden.  And he'll die of a stroke shortly afterwards.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 2

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Except for impeachment, his pardon power is limitless 

He won't even need to pardon himself.  He'll just tell the federal prisons not to execute the order of confinement.  He'll be the head of the executive branch, and his employees, who are likely trumpers anyway, will simply not imprison him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mole said:

Petition to rename the thread: maybe Trump Indictments or The Trump Indictment Destination Thread? There’s a lot of legal trouble to keep track of.

I am still lobbying for 45 Indicated

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Heyyyyy, fuck you.

If someone being attractive makes you stupid, you must be smoking hot.

Or does that only apply to women?

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. 

And no, it doesn't apply only to women. Hope that helps you feel a little better. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Biden will pardon him.  

And it will make Trump unbelievably furious, because he'll have to live with the knowledge that he owes his freedom to Joe Biden.  And he'll die of a stroke shortly afterwards.

pretty sure Biden can also attach strings to that pardon, too.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated