45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So can we expect a trial date of approximately February of 2025?

Given the majority of federal court cases go to trial within 12 months of filing, and almost all within 18 months, what grounds could she use to delay it past that? It would reach a point where the story becomes this radical corrupt judge interfering in the prosecution of this former President who has absolutely damning evidence against him. We know the hard core magas won't budge but everyone else will only get more angry by the corruption. I can't think that helps trump's chances in the election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, deech said:

She'll never recuse herself.   It's laughable that anyone thinks she would.  The last few opinions she wrote in Trump matters should tell you all that you need to know about what she is going to do. 

This. The most accurate predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This judge already explicitly, literally ruled that Trump is entitled to special treatment. All bets are off with this hack. I'd be happy to be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

40 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Man, I was thinking about this last night. Canon is getting excoriated by every talking head on every network. Imagine if you were her watching everyone in the country commenting that you are a political hack who fucked things up the first time - with most people assuming she has so little morals or ethics that she’s gonna do it again.

She may be unredeemable and stupid and corrupt. But most people in her situation would have some sense of going down in history as a piece of shit who defended the man who endangered his country. You might say she has no problem with that as long as Trump puts her on the 11th Circuit as soon as he is elected. I think there is at least as good chance that she not does want her name forever attached as a corrupt and incompetent buffoon.

Like most Trump supporters, she is a selfish piece of crap. Being a selfish person in that situation, I’ll make the bet that she’s self-recuses in light of the uniform attacks on her yesterday and today.  Not because it’s the right thing, but because she knows that piece of crap is not getting reelected -and so she needs to end her connection with him for her own good

That's it exactly.  Choices are:

• Cozy up to a guy who's not getting elected and possibly wind up in jail one way or another (i.e., betting $100 to win $5)
  • Recuse myself and be out of the game.

And if she's trying to figure out her next move, hanging with DeSantis might be a better option.

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

Twice, is there any way for the prosecution to remove Cannon from the process, or swiftly move through her various stalling tactics by appealing to a higher court?

Her bias seems quite clear at this point, so it stuns that DOJ can’t somehow push for her recusal.

Yeah, they can move for recusal and appeal her denial of such a motion. It's actually a really good thing that she exposed herself last year and got bitch slapped twice by the circuit court. It makes recusal obviously necessary. IMO recusal would've been appropriate anyway since the defendant gave her the power she has, but her bullshit last year seals it. 

Still can't fucking believe the odds of her getting randomly assigned to Trump cases twice. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Someone’s walking back some things:

Translation: "I've been informed that the U.S. Marshals will fuck your shit up, so don't try any bullshit unless you want to be the next Ashley Babbiit".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yeah, they can move for recusal and appeal her denial of such a motion. It's actually a really good thing that she exposed herself last year and got bitch slapped twice by the circuit court. It makes recusal obviously necessary. IMO recusal would've been appropriate anyway since the defendant gave her the power she has, but her bullshit last year seals it. 

Still can't fucking believe the odds of her getting randomly assigned to Trump cases twice. 

I really hope Jack Smith knows how to ask for and obtain expedited rulings on pretrial shit

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I think the odds were pretty good due to the "WPB" checkbox Jack Smith filled out on the indictment paperwork. That's the checkbox he had to use due to the location of Mar-A-Lago.

Check out page 45 here
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/09/trump-2nd-indictment-full-document-text-00101294

Edited by chainsaw
forgot the link

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So here's an NYT article speculating some ways Cannon could gum up the works. https://www.textise.net/showText.aspx?strURL=https%3A//www.nytimes.com/2023/06/09/us/politics/trump-documents-judge-aileen-cannon.html#site-content

The article notes that the Clerk of SD Fla insists this was a random assignment.  Hmmm.

One thing is says is that the DC Circuit's attorney-client privilege rulings are not binding on the trial court, notably as pertains to Corcoran's notes, which clearly inform a lot of the indictment.

I don't see how that can possibly be.  The article says the DC Circuit's rulings only apply to what can be shown to a grand jury, not to a trial jury.  That don't make no sense.  Once the privilege is gone, it's gone.  There's not a/c privilege for some purposes and not others.

One notable contrast between the Special Master case and this criminal case.  The appointment of a Special Master was discretionaryand, although she was found to have abused her discretion, that still gives the judge some latitude.

There are very few decisions in a criminal case that are discretionary.  One exception is scheduling.  That's where this could go to shit.

The DC court order only compelled the production of the evidence - his testimony and notes. Admissibility is a totally different determination and is within the purview of the trial court. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

His party stayed behind him after he tried to overthrow the government.  Not sure why you think this, or anything, would sway anyone.

The people who support him do so with the belief he can win.  As stupid as they are, they can see when those chances are growing more faint.  They'll jump for the next shiny object.  

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I think the odds were pretty good due to the "WPB" checkbox Jack Smith filled out on the indictment paperwork. That's the checkbox he had to use due to the location of Mar-A-Lago.

Check out page 45 here
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/09/trump-2nd-indictment-full-document-text-00101294

Yeah you're right, I forgot she was only one of 2 or 3 judges in that location. 

10 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Sometimes I think there's something about being a really attractive woman that kills their brain cells. 

But what's her excuse?

10 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

It'll be the US Marshals. They don't play. Ashli Babitt would get a lot of company in hell. 

Mad Timothy Olyphant GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sad that you don’t realize that most cops are Trumpers who will side with the traitors when the shit goes down.

Gee, maybe it's not a great idea to deputize some of dumbest citizens and give them guns.  But that's just me, and a judgment of my local sheriff's office.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I lost it at “this is just an excuse to cover for Biden and probably Obama too.” Of course they find a way to work Obama in here because why not?

Yep.  The most scandal-free president in like a century.  And he was black.  They just can't handle it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Man, I was thinking about this last night. Canon is getting excoriated by every talking head on every network. Imagine if you were her watching everyone in the country commenting that you are a political hack who fucked things up the first time - with most people assuming she has so little morals or ethics that she’s gonna do it again.

She may be unredeemable and stupid and corrupt. But most people in her situation would have some sense of going down in history as a piece of shit who defended the man who endangered his country. You might say she has no problem with that as long as Trump puts her on the 11th Circuit as soon as he is elected. I think there is at least as good chance that she not does want her name forever attached as a corrupt and incompetent buffoon.

Like most Trump supporters, she is a selfish piece of crap. Being a selfish person in that situation, I’ll make the bet that she’s self-recuses in light of the uniform attacks on her yesterday and today.  Not because it’s the right thing, but because she knows that piece of crap is not getting reelected -and so she needs to end her connection with him for her own good

Tell it to Clarence Thomas. Maybe he’ll buy it. 

I tend to think this way.  The Special Master case was too big for her and not a product of gross partisanship.

She doesn't have the kind of record that a Kaczmaryk has, and, honestly, as a female lawyer/judge and a brown one at that, probably feels like she has more to lose by being a complete hack than a guy like Kaczmaryk.  On the other hand, I'm not sure there were any real signs that Reed O'Connor was a complete hack until he beclowned himself on Obamacare, repeatedly.  Although, the move from Dallas to Ft. Worth may have been a strategeric move by the fedsoc types.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somehow I fucked that up. At any rate, if this has been shared before, my apologies:

He's right about not letting this substitute for doing the anti-Trump work in 2024.

I was alarmed about that article he cited about Miami jurors, but he fell victim to the misinformation that the case was filed in Miami.  The article goes on to say that there has been much greater success in Palm Beach.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

This is my feeling as well. And I think people will suggest this to her

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I don't think she will recuse voluntarily.

If she is seen as not doing enough to help Trump, there are fucking nutcase Trump supporters who will be more than happy to post death threats against her on social media (and she's brown/from Colombia to boot). She knows these people, she rode them/with them to where she's at. If she doesn't move fast enough or do enough for Trump, she'll have to pay somebody to open her packages for years to come.

And if she's seen as trying to help Trump escape these charges, that will be her legacy.  She maybe a piece of shit, but does she want her legacy being boiled down to a Jeopardy question about which judge carried Trump's water when he was on trial for betraying the country?

As was said by multiple people, she's a Trump supporter, which makes her selfish, and she absolutely cares about her image/career. She has gotten everything she can out of Trump, and there's nothing else he can offer her, but he can wreck her legacy - she's  not some mouthbreathing real estate agent from North Texas who can still get a podcast out of it, she's an actual judge for life.

She's only 41 years old, and is set for life, and knows it. Hell, I would not be surprised if her going all in on being a Trump supporter was just a facade to make a run at such an appointment. There are tons of people who latched on to Trump to advance their careers.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Bullshit. If he somehow gets a bench trial, 100% change she acquits. She’s a crooked judge. Ask yourself “how would this work in a banana republic,” and you have your answer.

And absolutely this - this is the real game. Just delay it all till he walks away with the GQP nomination, and then GQP state legislatures and the SCOTUS declare him POTUS.

Once in office, he can pardon himself 

• Like 1

Anyone notice that Cannon and her husband made a small donation to the DeSantis campaign.  I'm not saying that is a good or redeemable act.  But somebody should let Trump know so he can mouth off about it.

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Once in office, he can pardon himself 

He'll try.

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Anyone notice that Cannon and her husband made a small donation to the DeSantis campaign.  I'm not saying that is a good or redeemable act.  But somebody should let Trump know so he can mouth off about it.

Meatball Ron for governor is what I saw.  Did you see the Presidential campaign?

Also, on the "set for life" thing.  A lot of younger federal bench appointees retire early because private practice is many, many times more lucrative than being even a federal judge. Notwithstanding having a Harlan Crow sugar daddy.

A judicial career is more appealing for older appointees who may have made their fortune and are tired of billing 2800 hours a year.

And, if she establishes herself as a gross hack like Kacsmaryk, her judicial career stands a decent chance of being over, at least as far as higher courts go.

Federal judges don't have to formally recuse themselves from a case.  They can get it transferred to another judge, which happens with some frequency with patent cases when a judge just doesn't like them and another judge does.  It wouldn't surprise me terribly if the Chief Judge, another Latina, although a shrub appointee, didn't have a little conversation with her about whether she really wants to keep this case or not.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Meatball Ron for governor is what I saw.  Did you see the Presidential campaign?

The article I saw didn't say.

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Political donation is enough to disqualify her 

I know.  I didn't think my post suggested that. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

His party stayed behind him after he tried to overthrow the government.  Not sure why you think this, or anything, would sway anyone.

His party stayed behind his voters because they needed them. Trump cost them the House, the Senate, and the White House, and Mitch has made his displeasure known more than once, as have others. Everything is transactional with this group.

The GOP powerplayers would probably love to openly get behind Rod DeSanctimonious but it's still too early in the game.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated