45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

CSB: In the sprawling hippy compound behind Texas French Bread where I lived in Austin (now a condo,) there was a women who claimed to have known Robert Matthew Van Winkle aka Vanilla Ice in high school. She said his parents would leave town and he'd buy a keg of beer and throw parties. Then he'd call the cops on his own party so people would leave before the beer ran out. Then it would sit in his closet for a week, doing whatever unrefrigerated beer does during that time, until his parents went out of town again and he threw another party, using the same keg. dundundundadadundun. /CSB

I have second hand knowlege this happened multiple occasions in the mid-80s, but the details are different. These were typically attended by large numbers of high school kids so the keg floated in no time. He would collect money for a second keg and THEN call the cops on his own party. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

57 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Never been arrested in Uvalde county.

I knew you were a stone-cold incel loser, but now I know why.  Never arrested in Uvalde....what real man HASN'T been arrested in Uvalde county?

49 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So, lawyers. What kind of defense will he present? I mean, literally. How do you counter all this?

"MAGA.  Witch Hunt.  Politically motivated."

Lawyer rules: if you have the facts, pound on the facts.  If you have the law, pound on the law.  If you have neither, pound the table.  That last one is, always has been, and will remain Trump's strategy.

40 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is honestly my favorite part of any Trump news bomb.  The first few hours when all of his supporters are obviously frantically texting each other, "what the fuck?" and "how do we defend this shit?"  Sometime later tonight or tomorrow morning, the marching orders will be given and we will all learn the "defenses" that will slowly drive us insane over the next few months.

But these first few hours are magical.

Agreed -- we'll get a set narrative by this time tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, very little that will actually secure him an acquittal.

He could try to okey doke I'm just a dumbass congenital liar and so fucking stupid that the inferences here don't apply because I'm not a sentient human being.  But that's going to be tough without him taking the stand.

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Trump admit fault in a high profile case ro the nation that makes him appear weak? He won't admit shit ever and he'll win the nomination.

This case does only INCREASE the enthusiasm of his support.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I say the offer is that he renounce his citizenship. That covers potus and also let’s us keep him out of the country forever. 

Naah.  My offer is "you will suffer.  In prison, you will suffer unspeakably.  So...."

go-kill-yourself.gif

Then hand him a cyanide pill and walk away.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Just read the indictment. @Brisketexan please make a credible legal argument for why Trump isn’t completely fucked here.

Sure, here's the path.  1) Every possible delay tactic.  Every single one.  All he has to do is make it to January 20, 2025.  Once he's inaugurated, he is untouchable.  2) MAGA!  Witch Hunt!  It's all political!  All he has to do is get one trumper on the jury to buy that, and he gets a hung jury, which is as good as an acquittal for that twisted fuck.  3) Even if something bad happens at trial, don't count on this SCOTUS not to just throw the case for him.  Remember, Clarence Thomas actually supports the violent overthrown of the United States government.

It's Donald Trump.  There is ALWAYS a path.  Is there a chance that it doesn't work?  Sure.  But I won't think anything other than "he skates" until the day he actually suffers the consequences.  Until I hear a steel door clang shut behind him, and not a moment before.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Ask TwiceHorn. Brisket's reply will be some Cormac McCarthyesque painting of an apocalyptic future involving Thunderdome and Sela Ward.

Thunderdome, yes (the judges also would have accepted "Calvinball").

And ain't nuthin' apocalyptic about Ms. Ward.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

WITCH HUNT.   

Correct you are a heinous piece of shit Trump. 

I mean... he has no reason to be afraid of a witch hunt if he's not a witch, right?

Maybe he should not have spent all that time in the coven...

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Because she's a fucking moron too

Naw. Hil's not stupid. Just grotesquely overrated as a public servant and a truly awful presidential candidate.

Interesting topic is why the 31 docs specified out of the hundreds the FBI collected. Initial thought was “well, those were the 31 worst ones”, but it actually may be “those were 31 that the intelligence community agreed to being used for prosecution, with **even worse ones** being held back because they’re too sensitive to introduce to jurists”

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Just read the indictment. @Brisketexan please make a credible legal argument for why Trump isn’t completely fucked here.

Not brisket, obviously, but man, it's hard to see what kind of actual defense he comes up with for this.

Declassification is irrelevant to all of the charges, but the evidence hits that pretty hard.  This is almost as good as Dominion's case against Fox.

As mentioned upthread, based on previous actions in Georgia, I think he's going to try to quash the indictment based on grand jury leaks.  I think his Fourth Amendment arguments, slim as they might be, are largely foreclosed by the findings of the 11th Circuit:  to show callous disregard for his rights, which he failed to do, he must have demonstrated some irregularity or overbreadth in the search warrant or the procedure obtaining it.

As to jurors.  A federal grand jury must comprise 16 to 23 persons.  They are not selected for being unbiased and are only challenged for legal qualification.  So, if we are to believe that there are Trumpkins everywhere, there must have been Trumpkins on the grand jury, and a lot of them.  Twelve of the grand jurors must concur to true bill an indictment.  That does leave room for 4 to 11 dissenting Magats, enough to hang a petit jury, but as I have said repeatedly, I think it's going to be tough for a hardcore Magat to get on this jury.  Plus, federal jury service is a giant pain in the ass and a whole lot of magat types would probably dodge.

He's pretty much fucked.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Definitely.  They don’t hide their ambitions, and why should they, they can hack up a journalist in an embassy and get away with it.

And according to Trump’s earlier bizarre admissions, they pay in cash 

50 minutes ago, tx ind said:

“Like all Americans, Mr. Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The government has the burden of proving its charges beyond a reasonable doubt and securing a unanimous verdict by a South Florida jury.

“By all appearances, the Justice Department and special counsel have exercised due care, affording Mr. Trump the time and opportunity to avoid charges that would not generally have been afforded to others.

“Mr. Trump brought these charges upon himself by not only taking classified documents, but by refusing to simply return them when given numerous opportunities to do so.

“These allegations are serious and if proven, would be consistent with his other actions offensive to the national interest, such as withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine for political reasons and failing to defend the Capitol from violent attack and insurrection.”

So not in ALL CAPS?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I don't want to hear any more shit about Biden's garage.  Who the fuck stores boxes of anything like that in their bathrooms?

I always store my top secret information beside the shitter. Makes for great reading material. And, it’s useful when I run out of toilet paper.

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have second hand knowlege this happened multiple occasions in the mid-80s, but the details are different. These were typically attended by large numbers of high school kids so the keg floated in no time. He would collect money for a second keg and THEN call the cops on his own party. 

It's possible that your version is exactly what she told me, but my brain cells died off faster in the intervening decades than Wagner convicts.

Also....anyone want to lay percentage odds on an assassination attempt of a prosecutor and/or other DOJ official "deemed responsible by MAGA" within the next year?

I say 80%.  And probably bet the over.

Once a jury has been picked, odds on actual attacks on one or more of them?  Make your predictions here.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The day that fucker's noose is fitted will be a very, very good day for humanity.

Little nazi choad.

The noose would slide right off his pointy little head.

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Will Hurd on CNN right now.  

I expect texags has already started a petition to revoke his degree.

They did that years ago.  It's the tan.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The new lawyer is going to be the same guy as the NY case...

Todd Gak or Todd Blanch or something like that.

The guy who thought Dustin Hoffman was in Star Wars?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, tchookem said:
19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:
We can pay off the national debt if you put the position of executioner up for bid.

Hell, if you charged people $20 to line up, walk past his cell, and laugh, we could fund schools.

How much to sling my shit at him? I’m in for $1000.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yknow, you'd think the GQP might have a few qualms about having the first Presidential nominee, not named Lyndon LaRouche, subject to criminal indictments.

But yeah  . . .  Geezus Tapdancing Christ.

This indictment is so much more powerful than Bragg's.

Dumb And Dumber Uh GIF - Dumb And Dumber Uh Yeah - Discover ...

• Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated