45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

One legal expert last night called the Trusty bunch nor ready for prime time, said they were “D leaguers” and would need to be replaced by A list trial lawyers. Seems he was right.

Then where are the A listers?

I think the 6th paragraph of the indictment is really quite a start to the whole thing (emphasis and bolding from the original indictment, not added by me):

6. On two occasions in 2021, TRUMP showed classified documents to others, as follows:

a. In July 2021, at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey ("The Bedminster Club"), during an audio-recorded meeting with a writer, a publisher, and two members of his staff, none of whom possessed a security clearance, TRUMP showed and described a "plan of attack" that TRUMP said was prepared for him by the Department of Defense and a senior military official. TRUMP told the individuals that the plan was "highly confidential" and "secret." TRUMP also said, "as president I could have declassified it," and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret"

b. In August or September 2021, at The Bedminster Club, TRUMP showed a representative of his political action committee who did not possess a security clearance a classified map related to a military operation and told the representative that he should not be showing it to the representative and that the representative should not get too close.

42 minutes ago, Satchel said:

One legal expert last night called the Trusty bunch nor ready for prime time, said they were “D leaguers” and would need to be replaced by A list trial lawyers. Seems he was right.

Normally if you are on D listers and look to replace them, you are going down the alphabet, not up it.  Who chooses D when A-C are available to them?

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Normally if you are on D listers and look to replace them, you are going down the alphabet, not up it.  Who chooses D when A-C are available to them?

The guy who shows classified military documents to random people to impress them?

Edited by kevwun
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:
Like this:
Love me two times, baby
Love me twice today
Love me two times, girl
'Cause I got AIDS
Love me two times, baby
Once for tomorrow
Once cause I got AIDS

Pretty food Jim Morrison impression there.

I hope he has a good sense of humor and doesn't take me to court.

(which somehow wound up bringing us back to the topic at hand...)

31 counts of Willfull Retention of National Defense Information (18USC 793(e))
1 count of Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (18USC 1512(k))
1 count of Withholding a Document or Record (18USC 1512(b)(2)(A), 2)
1 count of Corruptly Concealing a Document or Record (18USC 1512(c)(1), 2)
1 count of Concealing a Document in a Federal Investigation (18USC 1519, 2)
1 count of Scheme to Conceal (18USC 1001(a)(1), 2)
2 counts of False Statements and Representations (18USC 1001(a)(2), 2)

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Absolutely think it was the saudis. They are some of the only people brazen enough to probably ask for it. 

Definitely.  They don’t hide their ambitions, and why should they, they can hack up a journalist in an embassy and get away with it.

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

31 counts of Willfull Retention of National Defense Information (18USC 793(e))
1 count of Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice (18USC 1512(k))
1 count of Withholding a Document or Record (18USC 1512(b)(2)(A), 2)
1 count of Corruptly Concealing a Document or Record (18USC 1512(c)(1), 2)
1 count of Concealing a Document in a Federal Investigation (18USC 1519, 2)
1 count of Scheme to Conceal (18USC 1001(a)(1), 2)
2 counts of False Statements and Representations (18USC 1001(a)(2), 2)

Is his disclosure of the materials to a third-party without clearance implicit in one of these counts? I figured it would be its own more serious crime. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Is his disclosure of the materials to a third-party without clearance implicit in one of these counts? I figured it would be its own more serious crime. 

A quick google of the statute cited in the indictment shows that IS the charge being specified:

(e)

Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

Just now, Red Five said:

Would he accept a plea deal where he avoids jail but agrees to never run for public office again? Probably better make that his immediate family as well.

Trump admit fault in a high profile case ro the nation that makes him appear weak? He won't admit shit ever and he'll win the nomination.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Would he accept a plea deal where he avoids jail but agrees to never run for public office again? Probably better make that his immediate family as well.

it's gotta be. there's no way that man can ever come close to that much power again. we won't survive it

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hell no. That would never be offered and be a political outcome. 

If he did the crime, then he'll do the time. And I look forward to further indictments on Jan. 6 and his call to Georgia.

Don't drop the soap Donnie.

Edited by NWAustinDude

Well, several things I was wrong on.

First, this was filed in West Palm Beach, not Miami, and that was a reportage error.  That is, however, the most correct venue for this case, so good on Smith for that.

Second, the "criminal cover sheet" does not designate this as related to the prior special master case.  That seems a little iffy, but maybe civil and criminal cases are never "related" for this purpose.

Finally, it looks like this might have been randomly assigned to Cannon.  Or, the clerk's office may have assigned it as a related case, because it's the warrant magistrate, Reinhart.  There are three magistrates in WBP and the likelihood of both Cannon and Reinhart being assigned randomly seems slim.

And, it appears that Cannon is available for assignment to cases outside Fort Pierce.  

This will be interesting.

And, on facts like these, and I virtually guarantee that there is nothing in that indictment that Jack Smith isn't ready to prove to the hilt right this second, I don't think he's scared of any judge, especially not Aileen Mercedes Cannon.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated