45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Are you saying that she did not have uploaded classified documents that did not contain the required headers?

the WaPo article is behind a paywall . She absolutely had classified documents and emails and on servers. They absolutely weren’t marked correctly or that would have provided the evidence of knowledge of criminality and she would not have been able to avoid prosecution. Can you explain how, other than removing the headers, the classified material could have been on there without the requisite headers? I’m not talking about the stuff that was reviewed and retroactively deemed classified. I am talking about actual classified documents.

Ah, so it's confusion about how classification works.

Information gets classified, not documents. A document with a classification marking on it has it because it contains information that has been classified. They weren't attaching documents previously stamped "TOP SECRET" to their emails. They were emailing like normal people do, and because of the nature of their jobs some of their discussions ended up including some information that had either already been classified or (for most of it) was retroactively classified after they discussed it via email.  The way this worked is likely the way any email chain worked, it began about something that wasn't classified (so the subject in the email header didn't contain a classification marking), maybe a call she was scheduled to have with another country's ambassador, and then someone mentioned something that was or became classified. E.g.:

Aide: "Mrs. Clinton, don't forget you've got a 10:30 call with the Japanese ambassador."

Hillary: "Thanks. What are the main things we discussed wanting to focus on in that call again?"

Aide: "A, B, C, D, E."

And C was or included some information that was classified. 

There are nearly infinite ways this could've happened without anything that might be reasonably characterized as recklessness or ill intent. That is actually the real danger of maintaining a private server for email: even if everyone involved is brilliant and extremely competent, it's still pretty much impossible to guard against inadvertent disclosure of classified information in a setting that isn't secured. 

And I'm done with this tangent. I don't even really like Hillary at all, but I think it's important for people to understand how much of the information even non-Trumpers buy into about her (and often, by extension, Democrats more generally) is just wrong.

ETA: I just figured it out! Sawbonz still has to use fax for work, he's probably never even sent an email. Understandable mistake.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I saw a guy the other day cut the tags off his mattress. Then I saw him jaywalk. I want to talk about him in this thread today when Dotard is being arrested for committing a shitload of felonies.

The Clintons removed mattress tags, too! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

….but…but….Clinton Crime Family!!

No they aren’t saints.  They just aren’t traitors.  And after this round of posts we do have a good method to discern who voted for Trump in 2016. 

They aren’t saints, but at least they aren’t traitors is my exact position on this topic. Hillary might have got away with one, but it was hubris and not malice and no harm came from it. Believe it or not, it is possible to dislike a Democrat candidate and not be a Republican. 

Two gigantic middle fingers to anyone who claims I voted for Trump, though. Not the first time around and definitely not the second. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Whoa.

The more serious thing in this clip is that she wants to clean house of all the career law enforcement so they can install Trump/Facist loyalists, you know like they have in Russia.  People who don't toe the line suffer defenestration.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Clinton socks? Sounds make up. We all know Willy used that chubby chicks blue dress as a cumrag, not socks.

By jove, he's cracked it!

Socks Clinton (c. 1989 – February 20, 2009) was the pet cat of the Clinton family, the first family of the United States from 1993 to 2001. As an adopted stray cat, he was the only pet of the Clintons during the early years of the administration, and his likeness hosted the children's version of the White House website.[1] After Clinton left office, Socks resided with former Clinton secretary Betty Currie and her husband, owing to continuing conflicts with the Clintons' dog Buddy.[2][3]

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hey, lawyers. How many times can Dotard talk shit about Jack Smith's friends and family before he gets in trouble for it? Or, should get in trouble. I would think that sort of thing is pretty frowned upon.

I think the pattern is that the judge will enter a gag order, he'll ignore it, the judge will admonish his lawyers, he'll attack the judge, he'll be fined and then SQUIRREL! and he'll move on to something else for a while.

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hey, lawyers. How many times can Dotard talk shit about Jack Smith's friends and family before he gets in trouble for it? Or, should get in trouble. I would think that sort of thing is pretty frowned upon.

I'm guessing nobody ever thought they'd have to pass a law about publicly alluding to a government official through social media in an indirect way to encourage terrorism and intimidation...by a former president of the United States.

I feel like he has the legal protection of a stalker who never trespasses. The cops can't doing anything (unless he's black) until an actual crime is committed. I guess we have to wait for a car bomb to blow up a family or some dickhead to spray a group of people smoking outside the Justice Department before action can even be considered.

Even then it seems like it criminal prosecution would be difficult. He knows that. 

Today, the judge should order him not to speak of any persons involved in this case in any public forum under penalty of being remanded. He won't be able to do it, and his anus-looking mouth will get his actual ass thrown in jail. Then let him drag out the trial process!

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

And let's not forget the time the GOP manufactured evidence to gin up support for bombing a soverign nation into rubble so the VP's company could get rich rebuilding it all on an illegal no-bid government contract.  And only about 600k civilians were killed in the process.

All the but-her-emails bullshit comes from a bunch of people who look the other way for war criminals.  

You'd be ashamed of yourselves, if you weren't so god damned stupid.

oh for the love of God STAHP

there's other threads for that

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

probably still has the price sticker on it. 

image.png

Chaps my ass that the auto industry got mileage estimates removed from car ads. I'm sure they're not this prominent on stickers like this either. 

Hello,

spacer.png

Here's something you can dream about while you try to find a large enough space for your truck in a parking garage:

spacer.png

Brought to you by the evil GOP and weak-as-shit Dems! You're grandchildren will be so happy for you that you got to own giant vehicles! 

ETA This is just a sample of another tangent we should not take!

Edited by RomaVicta

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Chickens walking around a courthouse is a third world indicator. It has begun. Shanty towns and riots. We're now rural Guatemala. It was a good run. See you guys at the next Aztec mutilation ritual. 

That's actually amazing to see chickens in downtown Miami.  /csb I worked in that courthouse complex back when I clerked on the 11th Circuit.  Of course that particular building didn't exist at the time (I'm old).

• Hook 'Em 1

I must confess that I am rather confused about doing this in Miami.

I suppose there's more law enforcement presence there, then again the more remote places are less likely to draw crowds.

If they're going to follow through on this and do the whole deal in Miami, then seems like they need to assign a Miami division judge.

You seem like a very sharp lawyer.  But you're confused about why federal courthouses aren't typically placed in rural/remote areas?  Almost all of them exist in urban areas.   

The Southern District was selected as venue to diffuse issues of political implications, in part anyway.  In reality, he will begin to ferry himself between New York, D.C., SE Florida, and Georgia whilst he attempts the campaign trail with the fundraising trail, the debate trail, and the primary trail.  I am telling you all, we are going to witness the assassination of an obese 78 year old piece of human shit and nobody has to fire a round.  This is going to be absolutely magnificent and studied around the world for centuries.  

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I must confess that I am rather confused about doing this in Miami.

I suppose there's more law enforcement presence there, then again the more remote places are less likely to draw crowds.

If they're going to follow through on this and do the whole deal in Miami, then seems like they need to assign a Miami division judge.

I imagine the security at that complex is much stronger than in Fort Pierce or West Palm Beach.  If I were to guess that's why they chose do to it there.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You seem like a very sharp lawyer.  But you're confused about why federal courthouses aren't typically placed in rural/remote areas?  Almost all of them exist in urban areas.   

If you're responding to TwiceHorn I think he's commenting on why they're doing the arraignment in Miami versus the divisional courthouse where the assigned judge is actually located.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

The Southern District was selected as venue to diffuse issues of political implications, in part anyway.  In reality, he will begin to ferry himself between New York, D.C., SE Florida, and Georgia whilst he attempts the campaign trail with the fundraising trail, the debate trail, and the primary trail.  I am telling you all, we are going to witness the assassination of an obese 78 year old piece of human shit and nobody has to fire a round.  This is going to be absolutely magnificent and studied around the world for centuries.  

I'm quite familiar with venue.

This case is technically venued in the West Palm Beach division, ~70 miles from Miami..  Cannon's home court house is Fort Pierce, which is ~50 miles from WPB and ~130 miles from Miami. It's all legal more or less anywhere in the Southern District, which also includes Key West.

But they have divisions and judge assignments to those divisions for reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated