45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

I salute your work.  You have one big problem.  A lot of people who agree with you are so fucking sick of living in Texas that we are in the process of getting the fuck out of Texas.

Maybe think of turning Texas blue as a nice swan song before the whole place is vaporized by the sun.

I used to tell my team when I was at a fledgling company, “There is no cavalry coming. It’s just us.” But believing in the possibility was the thing that always most motivating.

I have been displaced up in blue states for years: CA, NY and now CT. During Beto’s run I volunteered up here to do phone banking, etc and met a number of other Texas exes (meaning the state and UT) and there was a very real sense of helping from the outside because it was so hard to change from the inside. Almost like we knew our energy wasn’t needed to make any changes up here (coastal CT is about as liberal as a place can be), so let’s pitch in from afar.

I’d never done that before but for Beto there was a very real sense even up here that he could actually pull it off with just a little extra nudge. That also speaks to the energy of his local campaign whose influence was widely felt.

Point being, get that optimism turning into action from “the inside” and I think there will be a multiplier effect sooner than later in Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I salute your work.  You have one big problem.  A lot of people who agree with you are so fucking sick of living in Texas that we are in the process of getting the fuck out of Texas.

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

If I weren't thinking of doing the same thing at some point, if only for better weather (but also other reasons), I'd post the School Ties "COWARDS!" .gif.

Yeah, even if Texas flipped, the weather and a lot of other things are such a beating these days.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Their is no way Jarvanka's kids aren't ecstatic that they won't have to spend time around Trump anymore soon. Thanks to Jarvanka's crooked Middle East deals, they are not dependent on Trump's largess. The kids are already going to inherit plenty of blood money without having to put up with grandpa's shit. 

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

If I weren't thinking of doing the same thing at some point, if only for better weather (but also other reasons), I'd post the School Ties "COWARDS!" .gif.

Stay and fight appeals to my sense of honor.  I’m just tired of being around people who call themselves Texans, and yet demonstrate no qualities that would make them worthy of the title.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂

This motion isn't aimed to curtailing provocative or even threatening statements by Trump.  It's the same kind of protective order that's already in place in NY state court and I believe in the documents case:  You can't talk publicly about discovery products.

I imagine they were going to file this regardless because they are about to do a discovery data dump on him.  The nasty little "truth" was just a fun little exhibit to put in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

This motion isn't aimed to curtailing provocative or even threatening statements by Trump.  It's the same kind of protective order that's already in place in NY state court and I believe in the documents case:  You can't talk publicly about discovery products.

I imagine they were going to file this regardless because they are about to do a discovery data dump on him.  The nasty little "truth" was just a fun little exhibit to put in there.

I'm sure it will work with no problems and he will totally comply and also totally get in trouble when he doesn't comply because reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm sure it will work with no problems and he will totally comply and also totally get in trouble when he doesn't comply because reasons.

Well, frankly, he's probably too stupid to understand most of the discovery product that gets dumped on him.  And his audience is equally too stupid to understand anything he said about it.

But, a point being, this would leave him free to talk his usual shit.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Man, I like your posts but this schtik of "oh, it's not so bad, the Republicans are scared and desperate" ignores a much simpler fact. They are doing this because they can. It gains them more power. It hurts the people they want to hurt.

When people do bad things, sometimes it is Jean Valjean stealing a loaf of bread to feed starving kids and give credence to a nice plot line in Deep Space Nine. More often it's a seven year stealing a car because he wants to do it because it's fun, fun to do bad things.

Pos rep for the Les Mis reference. The Liam Neeson / Geoffrey Rush / Claire Danes version by Sony pictures is one of my all time favorite movies. 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I can't wait until he dies.

And invariably, when he does, some piece of shit GQP house member will introduce a resolution for a national "Donald J. Trump"  holiday in his honor.  And if they have the house and senate, they will both pass this fucker.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And invariably, when he does, some piece of shit GQP house member will introduce a resolution for a national "Donald J. Trump"  holiday in his honor.  And if they have the house and senate, they will both pass this fucker.

And it'll be a Southern GQP House member, even though Trump is a Yankee from NYC.

They might as well make the holiday December 20th.

Or April 20th, I'm sure Musk would love that.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It will be one of the most important, and greatest, days in our country’s history. I say and mean that with zero exaggeration.

If the future keeps up as it has for six years where he is still in the news all the time and at the front of public consciousness, I bet in most cities it would be like the day it was announced they got bin Laden. And in most rural towns it would be like 9/11.

What a weird picture to imagine.

If he ends up in jail or not a constant daily news item, then things would be much more subdued.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated