45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

54 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I only practice in one jurisdiction, but I've never known Law enforcement to actually weigh and measure the defendants when booked. I've been wondering all week why Georgia was different, but I guess the internet was just wrong again.

I've been expecting something like this:

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I like what I know of Jack Smith.  I'm rooting for Jack Smith.  I hope Jack Smith and his minions do everything above-board and by-the-book and kick Trump's teeth in in the process.

The US government has a distressing habit of not always doing that in criminal cases.  The above-board and by-the-book part I mean.  They're pretty good at kicking people's teeth in.

Yup.  There is a reason that Bill Ayers was left free to roam around Chicago instead of being convicted as a bombing terrorist Weatherman.    And that reason was the DOJ and the FBI absolutely shitting all over the constitution and its amendments in the handling of the case.   They lied to judges, and illegally wire-tapped all kinds of things. It was so bad that the prosecution was totally suspended due to the misbehavior and malfeasance.

Prosecutors everywhere routinely violate the law. They are normally convicting fish in a barrel, three or four time losers with overworked indigent counsel to represent them.   It is in big cases like this one, with capable, expensive, private representation that problems usually are found.

Jack Smith does not seem stupid. Or at least not arrogant enough to do something stupid when the eyes of the entire world are on your prosecution.   That scrutiny is the main thing that makes me think DOJ will play above board on this one. There are too many eyes and too many people dedicated to finding fault watching Smith for him to play fast and loose.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Don't any of you all give the clicks to these two jackasses, you already have heard all the bullshit over and over and over again.  Don't wade into it again.  

What's amazing is don't even know where you would find Carlson anymore.  Deplatforming works

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Jack Smith does not seem stupid. Or at least not arrogant enough to do something stupid when the eyes of the entire world are on your prosecution.   That scrutiny is the main thing that makes me think DOJ will play above board on this one. There are too many eyes and too many people dedicated to finding fault watching Smith for him to play fast and loose.

Plus Trump and Co. seem dumb as fuck and are just handing them these cases and the evidence on a platter.  Just lobbing it over home plate for Jack Smith.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kutti is a publicist based in Chicago who worked with R. Kelly and Kanye West and recently was an Illinois pot lobbyist.
Okay, kids, listen up. It’s very important to choose your clients carefully in this business. Now, a little multiple choice test. Which client is most likely to get you sent to prison:
A. Pedophile musician who’ll piss on kids
B. Bi-polar Hitler loving rapper
C. Weed cartel
D. Former President of the United Statea

I remember the first day of Law School running through various scenarios in a flow chart fashion. What do we want to do: "Sue em"
Can we sue them? " yes"

Do they have money? " A, B, C Yes!!!" "D hell fucking no; run away"

1 hour ago, grazinhorn said:

ho lee fuk I always thought the Elevation people around where I live were a little creepy.  I get it now - thanks for the list.

Those numbers are way low for the preachers listed in the 3-5 million dollar category. They’ve grifted much more than that.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Those numbers are way low for the preachers listed in the 3-5 million dollar category. They’ve grifted much more than that.

I get that, but I had this impression of Elevation being this sorta regional NC thing and not in a bunch of places where there was a lot of $$$.  It was surprising to see that dude on the list of top money preachers, regardless of the number.  I guess I'm still not well calibrated on the idea that the grift can be even more effective on those folks without the $.

52 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This might be your first encounter with the criminal justice system, or it might not. Whatever the case, we know that being arrested is not pleasant for anyone, which is why the first thing you need to do is call a reputable and experienced bail bond company.

From the local to the federal level, we offer bail bonds services in Metro Atlanta, including Fulton, North Fulton, Cherokee, Cobb, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Barrow and Walton Counties. We are an experienced bonding company and offer the highest level of customer service in the bail bonds industry. We can handle bonds from any JAIL and any CITY. Let A 2nd Chance Bail Bonds be there for you at your time of need. If you are struggling to pay a friend or family member’s bail, we offer various payment plans tailored to fit your needs. 

IMG_8656.thumb.png.666508e4f07c423826338f9d947ce34a.png

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the real place to bring up grand jury misconduct is a motion to quash/dismiss the indictment, where the burden will be on Trump/Nauta.  I'm not sure there's really anything she can do at this stage, legitimately, at least.

But, you gotta admit, when the government shows you grand jury testimony from another district right after filing a superseding indictment in your district, that' does raise some questions.  Questions really only the government can answer.

Explains the 12(b)(6) footnote.  Doesn't make the FN right, but . . . .

I'm not going to pretend this was something I remotely am familiar with.  My experience with all things criminal is appellate, and in over twenty years of doing it, I've never seen any sort of grand-jury-related issue show up.  And sometimes, burdens of proof are weird, especially when they go hand-in-hand with presumptions.  So while the Government is in the best position to answer the court's question, and a Federal judge is going to ask away without regard to that kind of thing, it made me feel better about the Gov't's position to see those two things working in its favor.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You are one sick dude.  I wouldn't fuck Sydney Powell with Rex Kramer's dick.

I've got her #2.

The cat lady thousand yard stare implies a level of crazy that can be a real asset in the sack.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I don't like this high-angle they're using for the camera. It's the selfie pose that makes everyone look better. We need a low-angle shot to really show all the neck fat on these bastards.

I figure that the camera angle is designed to make it easy to identify people, that seems like the point of a mug shot. Lots of these are super overexposed which seems odd.