45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No one in the history of evar has filed a notice with the court that they are not removing a case. 

It somewhat made sense to notify the court that he might remove to deter setting an early trial date.   I suppose once you file that, you have to file something saying you're not, kind of like a reach-around.

This don't make no sense. 

As to why he's not removing?  I'm going to guess that they think this will create yet another bad precedent for his immunity claim (a finding that he was acting within the outer perimeter of presidential authority will be a key there), and he'd rather be writing on a blanker slate in DC,

Secondarily, I think this one has the least chance of reaching a conviction before the election of any of them.

Or, considering the quality of his attorneys, they may be setting up a speedy trial claim after he has a few in front of him already.  No, it doesn't work like that when you already expressed to the court that you want to delay the first setting.  Yes, it's an awful strategy.  But considering how bad these lawyers are, I'm wondering if it's the weird outside straight they thing will win the day.  It won't.

I wouldn't guess this would be the strategy in a million years, but with this timeline, I have a slightly chance of being right in spite of the odds.  And that's how legends are made. ;)

Edited by dcbc

Or, considering the quality of his attorneys, they may be setting up a speedy trial claim after he has a few in front of him already.  No, it doesn't work like that when you already expressed to the court that you want to delay the first setting.  Yes, it's an awful strategy.  But considering how bad these lawyers are, I'm wondering if it's the weird outside straight they thing will win the day.  It won't.

I wouldn't guess this would be the strategy in a million years, but with this timeline, I have a slightly chance of being right in spite of the odds.  And that's how legends are made.
Probably unrealistic, but maybe they want to shorten thier interaction with him, in a losing case, with a client that can't help but act against his own interest, and gtfo as quickly as possible while getting paid something.

I have no idea why anyone would represent him at this point.
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Probably unrealistic

I've seen worse arguments for it, but yeah.  That was an argument for all of the other defendants given Don-Don's propensity for delay.  But the Judge shut that down by calling everyone's bluff with that October try-em-all date.  It's rarely a winner, but definitely not so for him.

Edited by dcbc

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Powell seems like the sort of dumbass to NOT take the deal.

1.  She takes the plea, she walks free, but trailed by MAGAts 24-7 screaming threats at her.

2. She goes to trial and goes to jail.

It's really a question of "which prison do you prefer, Miss Powell?"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Powell seems like the sort of dumbass to NOT take the deal.

My money on not taking a plea is Chesboro, and he's the guy to get the max sentencing across the board.  

My other pick would be Ellis, because she was too stupid to work in traffic court as a lawyer.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Trump has probably met him numerous times, but likely doesn't remember his name, and is also way too much of a dim bulb to fire off a line such as "Scott HALL is The Bad Guy" in his daily 3am ragetweet from the shitter.

But seriously, Scott Hall had a pretty bad death last year. He fell and broke his hip at home in 2022 and then lay there in agony for days unable to call for help until DDP found him, but it was too late

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Rage+1 2

59 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So Hall is alleged to be a conspirator in the Coffee County voting machine deal.  The prime target there is one Sidney Powell.

He's no longer alleged if he pled guilty, correct?  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scott-hall-becomes-first-co-defendant-to-take-a-deal-in-trumps-fulton-county-case?ref=home?ref=home

Scott Hall, the former Fulton County Republican poll watcher and bail bondsman, has become the first of Donald Trump’s 18 co-defendants to take a plea agreement with Fulton County prosecutors in their sprawling racketeering case. 

Hall was initially charged with seven felonies for his connection to a breach of voting systems in Coffee County. In a Friday court appearance before Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee, he pleaded guilty to five misdemeanor counts of “conspiracy to commit intentional interference with performance of election duties.”

“Ultimately I do agree and find that there is a sufficient factual basis for the charges, and I find this guilty plea to be knowingly, voluntarily and intelligently entered,” McAfee said. The surprise proceedings were streamed live on McAfee’s YouTube channel.

The plea agreement puts Hall on probation for five years in exchange for a guilty plea on the five misdemeanors. He will also pay a $5,000 fine, issue a letter of apology to Georgia voters, serve 200 hours of community service, and agree to avoid activities related to polling or administering elections.

Perhaps most crucially for his 19 co-defendants, he also agreed to testify truthfully in all other proceedings related to the case.

The plea deal is “a good sign for the prosecution,” according to former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani.

“[Fulton County DA Fani] Willis doesn’t want to try 19 defendants,” Rahmani told The Daily Beast. “She wants 18 guilty pleas and one trial against Donald Trump.”

Hall’s deal marked the culmination of his own “prisoner’s dilemma-type situation,” said Rahmani.

Spoiler

“It’s better for all the defendants if they hold the line and refuse to cooperate,” he went on. “But it’s better for each individual defendant to plead guilty and get little or no jail time. In fact, the defendants who plead earliest usually get the best deals. That’s why Hall got a no-time misdemeanor. Because he pleaded first and agreed to testify against the others.”

Hall may now have to contend with Trump calling him a “rat” on social media, but as a trial dates gets closer, there will be a lot of pressure on each defendant to take a deal and avoid prison. 

“Will they remain loyal to the former president?” Rahmani said. “Or flip to save themselves?”

Hall and others coordinated with local GOP officials in Coffee County to improperly access an election computer system to scour for evidence of supposed voter fraud, according to text messages first reported by The Daily Beast.

Hall’s admission that he “aided, abetted and encouraged” others “in willfully tampering with electronic ballot markers and tabulating machines,” could spell trouble, in particular, for Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro, both Trump’s former election lawyers who have been charged with similar crimes.

The plea deal between prosecutors and Hall “is significant because he’s the first one to go,” Richard Serafini, a former senior prosecutor at the Department of Justice, told The Daily Beast. “The first domino has to fall before the others do. No one wants to be the first, and you sure don’t want to be the last.”

The question is, how much knowledge does Hall have about Trump that will be useful to prosecutors? Whatever the answer, Hall’s deal could potentially prompt a cascade, according to Serafini, who said, “Once the dam breaks, the dam is going.” 

“Assuming that the state has sufficient evidence, and it becomes obvious to the defendants that they’re likely to be convicted, we may see things start to open up even more,” he noted.

Chesebro and Powell have both maintained their innocence and are set to go to trial late next month however prosecutors indicated Friday that they’d likely be offered plea deals, too.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And the hits keep coming:

The train is a-coming, you treasonous fucksticks.  And it's gonna run right up your fucking assholes if you don't get right with the lord, and right quick.  Tick.  Tock.  Motherfuckers.

Maybe attempting to overthrow my fucking government by committing a stack of crimes a mile deep isn't a good idea, you fucking pieces of shit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's no longer alleged if he pled guilty, correct?  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scott-hall-becomes-first-co-defendant-to-take-a-deal-in-trumps-fulton-county-case?ref=home?ref=home

Reveal hidden contents

“It’s better for all the defendants if they hold the line and refuse to cooperate,” he went on. “But it’s better for each individual defendant to plead guilty and get little or no jail time. In fact, the defendants who plead earliest usually get the best deals. That’s why Hall got a no-time misdemeanor. Because he pleaded first and agreed to testify against the others.”

Hall may now have to contend with Trump calling him a “rat” on social media, but as a trial dates gets closer, there will be a lot of pressure on each defendant to take a deal and avoid prison. 

“Will they remain loyal to the former president?” Rahmani said. “Or flip to save themselves?”

Hall and others coordinated with local GOP officials in Coffee County to improperly access an election computer system to scour for evidence of supposed voter fraud, according to text messages first reported by The Daily Beast.

Hall’s admission that he “aided, abetted and encouraged” others “in willfully tampering with electronic ballot markers and tabulating machines,” could spell trouble, in particular, for Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro, both Trump’s former election lawyers who have been charged with similar crimes.

The plea deal between prosecutors and Hall “is significant because he’s the first one to go,” Richard Serafini, a former senior prosecutor at the Department of Justice, told The Daily Beast. “The first domino has to fall before the others do. No one wants to be the first, and you sure don’t want to be the last.”

The question is, how much knowledge does Hall have about Trump that will be useful to prosecutors? Whatever the answer, Hall’s deal could potentially prompt a cascade, according to Serafini, who said, “Once the dam breaks, the dam is going.” 

“Assuming that the state has sufficient evidence, and it becomes obvious to the defendants that they’re likely to be convicted, we may see things start to open up even more,” he noted.

Chesebro and Powell have both maintained their innocence and are set to go to trial late next month however prosecutors indicated Friday that they’d likely be offered plea deals, too.

Well, yes, no longer alleged.  But the point of my post is that his cooperation will seem to be geared to exposing that whole deal.  Ol' Sid may get disbarred another way.

I'm going to guess a major factor in Hall's decision to plead is that I doubt he can continue a bail bond business as a felon.  Anything that would get him some misdemeanors was a big boost for him.

Same could be true for Clark.  Although I think his law license is already endangered.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Who's next to flip?  My money is on Clark.

That dude is in over his head and I think he's finally about to realize it.

That's a good guess because he seems like a pussy. I still can't believe he drafted that letter. Simply unbelievable.

26 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Oh the Hunter gun felony cheerleaders about to be tied into knots.  

This timeline is fucking bonkers. Bozo the clown, teletubby sun baby acid trip of a timeline. And it's not just this thing, which is minor and silly in it's own juxtaposition within the constellation of abject absurdity we are bombarded with. But wholly fuck, it just hit me how fucking bizarre the reality we live within has become. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This timeline is fucking bonkers. Bozo the clown, teletubby sun baby acid trip of a timeline. And it's not just this thing, which is minor and silly in it's own juxtaposition within the constellation of abject absurdity we are bombarded with. But wholly fuck, it just hit me how fucking bizarre the reality we live within has become. 

Our alien overload writers have gotten lazy, but to be fair this show has had FAR too many seasons and I’m sure they’re bored to tears.

That or they’re laughing their asses off at their WWE steroids version of Curb your Enthusiasm…

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Jail this law-flaunting malignant traitor now. NOW, goddamnit!

Put him in a cell for at least week before even considering allowing him to wear an anklet and to go home where he'd have to stay. 

But but but but then they'll be construed as interfering in an election